Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 48

Thread: Official Iman Shumpert (steal of the draft ) thread

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Official Iman Shumpert (steal of the draft ) thread

    IMAN SHUMPERT
    The Sky Is The Limit









    H: 6' 6"
    W: 220 lbs
    Bday: 06/26/1990
    (20 Years Old)



    Stole the show at the combine, looking like clearly the most physically gifted player in this entire draft class. To start things off, his 36.5' standing vertical leap was the highest since nick young posted the top mark in our entire historical database (39.5') back in 2007.






    As we've stated in past reports, the intrigue around Shumpert as a potential NBA player revolves around his exceptional physical profile for a player seeing time at the point guard position. Standing 6'4 with an extremely rangy frame, Shumpert is fluid, agile, deceptively quick, and an explosive two-foot leaper.







    The same can't be said for his play on the defensive end, where he has absolutely flourished this season. Combining excellent length and lateral quickness with good intensity, Shumpert is simply exceptional one-on-one, rebounds the ball at an outrageous rate for a guard, and leads all data bases in steals by a pretty considerable margin. Extremely active with his hands and feet, Shumpert does a great job maintaining his balance and denying penetration and has the physical tools to defend multiple positions in the NBA.




    Iman Shumperts Highlights

    <iframe width="425" height="349" src="[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

    In a weird way

    Looks and plays almost identically to this young man who came out of
    Marquette a few years back

    <iframe width="425" height="349" src="[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>


    Has triple double potential

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    His measurables are jaw dropping and it will leave a lot of scouts and coaches drooling all over the floor. He plays a smooth game at the point guard position at 6'5.5" and 222 lbs. Not only is he blessed with size and strength, but his athleticism is off the charts as well. He had the highest Max Vert Reach ever for a PG and showed great speed and agility at the combine. His highlight reels show some amazing dunks and acrobatic finishes as well.
    That's just what he was blessed with, but basketball wise, he has some serious game as well. He has a great first step and almost gets to the rim at will against college competition. Of course, once you get in the paint you have to finish and he does, with explosiveness. He has a developing shot and showed strides of great improvement in certain games (Vs. UNC). In the combine many scouts were impressed on how much smoother and fluid his shot looks, and he was draining them more than a lot of people as well. Iman also shows great court vision, especially in the open floor which is were he shines. Lastly, he is almost a guarantee to be an elite defender. He can easily guard 1-3 and play them effectively and shows quick hands to steal the ball and passes. Also, with his size he will be an above average rebounder at the next level for sure.
    He still needs to work on his PG skills and his shot, but he is showing a lot of improvement in both areas.
    Last edited by DontForgetDerekHarper; Jun 26, 2011 at 10:44.

  2. #2
    Veteran knicksin60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,673
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Iman Shumpert is considered the Frederic Weiss of the 2011 NBA Draft, according to many Knick fans, while Chris Singleton is projected to be the next Kevin Durant.

  3. #3
    BALL DON'T LIE MeloforMayor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    1,767
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by knicksin60
    Iman Shumpert is considered the Frederic Weiss of the 2011 NBA Draft, according to many Knick fans, while Chris Singleton is projected to be the next Kevin Durant.
    Haters gonna hate, Potatoes gonna potate

  4. #4
    Superstar MSGhobo247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    MSG
    Posts
    794
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I really hope we develop this guy and not just trade him for some1 like Nash who would only be here for a year or 2, while Shumpert comes back to torch the team that drafted him.

    Someone else already stated this but the combination of him and TD23 would be scary coming off the bench defensively.

    If he is truly hungry to stay in this league and get better he has the potential to be an All-Star in the future.

  5. #5
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGhobo247
    I really hope we develop this guy and not just trade him for some1 like Nash who would only be here for a year or 2, while Shumpert comes back to torch the team that drafted him.

    Someone else already stated this but the combination of him and TD23 would be scary coming off the bench defensively.

    If he is truly hungry to stay in this league and get better he has the potential to be an All-Star in the future.

    well that was why i wanted to highlight the guy, I mean literally he is the most athletic combo guard to ever come into the league.

    and thats a literal statement, not opinion, he can jump out of the gym, run as fast as any one on the floor, and those tools are the things that make superstars in the NBA. Walsh knew what he was doing, just like Riley knew what he was doing when he drafted wade who had a more stellar college career, but came from an unknown team.

  6. #6
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    i agree im excited about this dude, i feel he's gonna be a really solid player year1 then he's gonna improve as the years go by as he could reach stardom in this league he has all the tools necessary with the most important one--drive/hard work. cant wait to watch em play, everything about his game speaks classic NYK basketball.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    104
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    and thats a literal statement, not opinion, he can jump out of the gym, run as fast as any one on the floor, and those tools are the things that make superstars in the NBA. Walsh knew what he was doing, just like Riley knew what he was doing when he drafted wade who had a more stellar college career, but came from an unknown team.
    You mean the unknown team that made the Final Four that year. Also known as Marquette.

  8. #8
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGhobo247
    I really hope we develop this guy and not just trade him for some1 like Nash who would only be here for a year or 2, while Shumpert comes back to torch the team that drafted him.

    Someone else already stated this but the combination of him and TD23 would be scary coming off the bench defensively.

    If he is truly hungry to stay in this league and get better he has the potential to be an All-Star in the future.
    scary defensively but it could be retarded offensively

  9. #9
    Superstar MSGhobo247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    MSG
    Posts
    794
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    scary defensively but it could be retarded offensively
    This is why I hope Iman is a better facilitator.

  10. #10
    ★Melo Mafia★ NY17KNICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hudson,FL *Orig* New York
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    Haters gonna hate, Potatoes gonna potate
    lmao I dont think ive ever heard that one.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Smithtown
    Posts
    245
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Superb Thread

    Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    IMAN SHUMPERT



    The Sky Is The Limit









    H: 6' 6"
    W: 220 lbs
    Bday: 06/26/1990
    (20 Years Old)



    Stole the show at the combine, looking like clearly the most physically gifted player in this entire draft class. To start things off, his 36.5' standing vertical leap was the highest since nick young posted the top mark in our entire historical database (39.5') back in 2007.








    As we've stated in past reports, the intrigue around Shumpert as a potential NBA player revolves around his exceptional physical profile for a player seeing time at the point guard position. Standing 6'4 with an extremely rangy frame, Shumpert is fluid, agile, deceptively quick, and an explosive two-foot leaper.











    The same can't be said for his play on the defensive end, where he has absolutely flourished this season. Combining excellent length and lateral quickness with good intensity, Shumpert is simply exceptional one-on-one, rebounds the ball at an outrageous rate for a guard, and leads all data bases in steals by a pretty considerable margin. Extremely active with his hands and feet, Shumpert does a great job maintaining his balance and denying penetration and has the physical tools to defend multiple positions in the NBA.




    Iman Shumperts Highlights

    <iframe width="425" height="349" src="[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

    In a weird way

    Looks and plays almost identically to this young man who came out of
    Marquette a few years back

    <iframe width="425" height="349" src="[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>


    Has triple double potential

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    His measurables are jaw dropping and it will leave a lot of scouts and coaches drooling all over the floor. He plays a smooth game at the point guard position at 6'5.5" and 222 lbs. Not only is he blessed with size and strength, but his athleticism is off the charts as well. He had the highest Max Vert Reach ever for a PG and showed great speed and agility at the combine. His highlight reels show some amazing dunks and acrobatic finishes as well.
    That's just what he was blessed with, but basketball wise, he has some serious game as well. He has a great first step and almost gets to the rim at will against college competition. Of course, once you get in the paint you have to finish and he does, with explosiveness. He has a developing shot and showed strides of great improvement in certain games (Vs. UNC). In the combine many scouts were impressed on how much smoother and fluid his shot looks, and he was draining them more than a lot of people as well. Iman also shows great court vision, especially in the open floor which is were he shines. Lastly, he is almost a guarantee to be an elite defender. He can easily guard 1-3 and play them effectively and shows quick hands to steal the ball and passes. Also, with his size he will be an above average rebounder at the next level for sure.
    He still needs to work on his PG skills and his shot, but he is showing a lot of improvement in both areas.
    IMHO IMAX has the most natural talent in all the combined areas, offense, defense, rebounding, and FINDING A WAY TO WIN..because say what you will Stat and Melo don't play defense ...Stat can't and Melo won't...defensive energy shuts down their offensive numbers but we should look at Amare in the last 3 min of a close game and wonder where was his defense all game....Chandler is great on defense but is 12 points/game period. He brings other stuff like LEADERSHIP.. saying last night after they took his legs out.."I DO NOT WANT TO LOOSE THIS GAME".
    Shumert won the Laker game as the he hit two crucial buckets when they Lakers closed to within 3. He turned last night sure lose to win with that incredible steal aganst the Raptors.
    Everyone is tradable but to me IMAX to me a Havelchek type and is a keeper. If he ever gets his game under control {eliminates stupid fouls, force the issue on some plays} the SKY IS THE LIMIT. He must play his natural positions of SG and SF. He is not a PG. Thanks again for a great thread.
    Last edited by DrB; Feb 15, 2012 at 08:43.

  12. #12
    El Cacique portega1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)
    Posts
    1,611
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    How many rookies have made the All Defensive team?

    Shump is our Bruce Bowen sans the *******ness.. he should be making alldefense teams if he keeps bringing it like that.

  13. #13
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    962
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I agree this guys man D/perimeter D has been incredible to the point i don't care if he is offensively limited.

    Offense gets the Media talking, but the reality is Defense Wins championships. This guy is a very high quality role player player.

  14. #14
    Veteran KingofNy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by portega1968
    How many rookies have made the All Defensive team?

    Shump is our Bruce Bowen sans the *******ness.. he should be making alldefense teams if he keeps bringing it like that.
    If he could only dunk in traffic. He WAS the reason we won last night and has been playing awesome. Lay the ball up though dude!

  15. #15
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Thanks Donnie (again).

    Love how you went against the D'Antoni grain this time. If we left it up to him we would've drafted a 6'10 three point shooter...smh

    Then again we did.

Similar Threads

  1. The Official...Official Thread
    By TR1LL10N in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Feb 18, 2010, 12:51
  2. The Official EURO 2008 thread
    By rady in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: Jul 14, 2008, 22:08
  3. Official Draft Thread
    By Knicker Bocker in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 255
    Last Post: Jan 08, 2008, 16:08
  4. Official Draft Thread
    By NYKnicks15 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: Jun 30, 2006, 00:22

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •