Superb Thread

IMAN SHUMPERT

The Sky Is The Limit

shumpert.jpg

H: 6' 6"
W: 220 lbs
Bday: 06/26/1990
(20 Years Old)

Stole the show at the combine, looking like clearly the most physically gifted player in this entire draft class. To start things off, his 36.5' standing vertical leap was the highest since nick young posted the top mark in our entire historical database (39.5') back in 2007.

ohiostatepg-vertical.jpg

As we've stated in past reports, the intrigue around Shumpert as a potential NBA player revolves around his exceptional physical profile for a player seeing time at the point guard position. Standing 6'4 with an extremely rangy frame, Shumpert is fluid, agile, deceptively quick, and an explosive two-foot leaper.

slideshow_1502695_9a.jpg

The same can't be said for his play on the defensive end, where he has absolutely flourished this season. Combining excellent length and lateral quickness with good intensity, Shumpert is simply exceptional one-on-one, rebounds the ball at an outrageous rate for a guard, and leads all data bases in steals by a pretty considerable margin. Extremely active with his hands and feet, Shumpert does a great job maintaining his balance and denying penetration and has the physical tools to defend multiple positions in the NBA.

Iman+Shumpert+Derrick+Favors+NCAA+Basketball+CpJqXP5QFRSl.jpg

Iman Shumperts Highlights

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ym8hTmdleW4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In a weird way

Looks and plays almost identically to this young man who came out of
Marquette a few years back

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Sb3txDJRfzM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Has triple double potential

http://nbadraft.rivals.com/bviewplayer.asp?player=401894

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/player/georgia-tech/iman-shumpert

His measurables are jaw dropping and it will leave a lot of scouts and coaches drooling all over the floor. He plays a smooth game at the point guard position at 6'5.5" and 222 lbs. Not only is he blessed with size and strength, but his athleticism is off the charts as well. He had the highest Max Vert Reach ever for a PG and showed great speed and agility at the combine. His highlight reels show some amazing dunks and acrobatic finishes as well.
That's just what he was blessed with, but basketball wise, he has some serious game as well. He has a great first step and almost gets to the rim at will against college competition. Of course, once you get in the paint you have to finish and he does, with explosiveness. He has a developing shot and showed strides of great improvement in certain games (Vs. UNC). In the combine many scouts were impressed on how much smoother and fluid his shot looks, and he was draining them more than a lot of people as well. Iman also shows great court vision, especially in the open floor which is were he shines. Lastly, he is almost a guarantee to be an elite defender. He can easily guard 1-3 and play them effectively and shows quick hands to steal the ball and passes. Also, with his size he will be an above average rebounder at the next level for sure.
He still needs to work on his PG skills and his shot, but he is showing a lot of improvement in both areas.
IMHO IMAX has the most natural talent in all the combined areas, offense, defense, rebounding, and FINDING A WAY TO WIN..because say what you will Stat and Melo don't play defense ...Stat can't and Melo won't...defensive energy shuts down their offensive numbers but we should look at Amare in the last 3 min of a close game and wonder where was his defense all game....Chandler is great on defense but is 12 points/game period. He brings other stuff like LEADERSHIP.. saying last night after they took his legs out.."I DO NOT WANT TO LOOSE THIS GAME".
Shumert won the Laker game as the he hit two crucial buckets when they Lakers closed to within 3. He turned last night sure lose to win with that incredible steal aganst the Raptors.
Everyone is tradable but to me IMAX to me a Havelchek type and is a keeper. If he ever gets his game under control {eliminates stupid fouls, force the issue on some plays} the SKY IS THE LIMIT. He must play his natural positions of SG and SF. He is not a PG. Thanks again for a great thread.

Last edited:

portega1968

El Cacique
How many rookies have made the All Defensive team?

Shump is our Bruce Bowen sans the assholeness.. he should be making alldefense teams if he keeps bringing it like that.

clumsy

Rotation player
I agree this guys man D/perimeter D has been incredible to the point i don't care if he is offensively limited.

Offense gets the Media talking, but the reality is Defense Wins championships. This guy is a very high quality role player player.

KingofNy

Starter
How many rookies have made the All Defensive team?

Shump is our Bruce Bowen sans the assholeness.. he should be making alldefense teams if he keeps bringing it like that.

If he could only dunk in traffic. :) He WAS the reason we won last night and has been playing awesome. Lay the ball up though dude!

Red

TYPE-A
Thanks Donnie (again).

Love how you went against the D'Antoni grain this time. If we left it up to him we would've drafted a 6'10 three point shooter...smh

Then again we did.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Thanks Donnie (again).

Love how you went against the D'Antoni grain this time. If we left it up to him we would've drafted a 6'10 three point shooter...smh

Then again we did.
LOL

Shumpert is looking great. His decision making has came along fast.

iSaYughh

Starter
Solid bump.

Shumpert has truly impressed me this season.

I love his game, and where his head is at.

I view him as a Fields type guy in some ways, the way he can move off the ball, do the little things. Except he has 10000x superior athleticism, passing skills, and defense.

Starting SG of 2012-2013 season.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
We're gonna need Shump's entire offensive arsenal to be clicking tonight; defense is a given.

The very thought of Douglas getting too much burn is giving me hives.