Melo's attitude

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
What do you guys think about our primary scorer's attitude on and off the court?

I think he has some more maturing to do before he ever reaches the mointain top.

The year the nuggets went to the WCF, his attitude towards approaching the game, and life, improved.He became a team player and averaged a career low 24-something ppg after winning gold in Beijing.

But after that deep playoff run, he seems to be back to the immature Melo.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
He's really no different than Lebron. Egomaniacal and self-involved. Don't kid yourself. If Melo had the chance to do "The Decision", he would.

Last edited:
I think you guys are right about Melo's continued attitude issues, but I do think that he's grown up enough that, unlike some other star athletes, he knows when to back off and say the right thing before a situation really gets too far out of control.

Deathstroke

Benchwarmer
That trip really changed him, he cut the braids and he became more of a team player, however sometimes it shows, he needs to learn how to be a better leader before we make a deep playoff run, so when they win the Olympics again next year we'll win the title!!!

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
He's really no different than Lebron. Egomaniacal and self-involved. Don't kid yourself. If Melo had the chance to do "The Decision", he would.

The difference between Melo and Lebron is that James is much better basketball player in every aspect of the game. Other than that you're right with everything you said.

KBlack25

Starter
For me: It's the tale of two Melos.

Sometimes he looks/seems like an immature kid, he has an attitude and not in a good way.

But sometimes he gets into that "**** You" Mode...when he feels as if he is being overlooked he gets mad, and plays madder. He did it at the beginning of the 2009-10 season, he had this look in his eye.

What I am hoping is that having a guy like Amare in the lockerroom night in-night out will keep Melo focused. Because when he gets that look, he can be the best 1-on-1 scorer in the league.

The difference between Melo and Lebron is that James is much better basketball player in every aspect of the game. Other than that you're right with everything you said.

Nah, that's an exaggeration. Lebron would kill for Melo's shot and non-chokingness.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Really Lebron is better? Your right I couldnt even imagine Melo having the same amount of rings as the King himself.....ohwait.

ok Carmelo has the best mid-range jumper in the league, hes abtter 3 point shooter, he makes lebron look like a b1tch in the post, hes the hardest foward to guard in the NBA.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
ok Carmelo has the best mid-range jumper in the league, hes abtter 3 point shooter, he makes lebron look like a b1tch in the post, hes the hardest foward to guard in the NBA.

My favorite move on the court and Melo's signature post move.

LeBron got smoked!

Plus, look at Balkman's outfit on the bench! Now that's what I'm talkin bout! :D

LJ4ptplay

Starter
The Cavs this year had one of the worst records in the league. Practically the same team the year before had the best record in the NBA. Put Melo on that same team and there is no way he could have lead them to the best record. Melo has been surrounded with a lot more talent than Lebron and has only made it out of the first round of the playoffs once. And that had more to do with Billups and Camby.

Melo is definitely a better clutch player. He's one of the best in the NBA. And he is probably more talented. But talent and head to head matchups mean nothing. He's very inconsistent and he's never been much of a leader in the NBA. As stated previously, hopefully Amare, and Billups too, can be the catalysts for the Knicks. We certanly can't expect Melo to lead us anywhere because he hasn't shown much maturity or leadership up to this point in his NBA career.

STAT1

Starter
The Cavs this year had one of the worst records in the league. Practically the same team the year before had the best record in the NBA. Put Melo on that same team and there is no way he could have lead them to the best record. Melo has been surrounded with a lot more talent than Lebron and has only made it out of the first round of the playoffs once. And that had more to do with Billups and Camby.

Melo is definitely a better clutch player. He's one of the best in the NBA. And he is probably more talented. But talent and head to head matchups mean nothing. He's very inconsistent and he's never been much of a leader in the NBA. As stated previously, hopefully Amare, and Billups too, can be the catalysts for the Knicks. We certanly can't expect Melo to lead us anywhere because he hasn't shown much maturity or leadership up to this point in his NBA career.

Melo took a 17 win team to the playoffs in his rookie season. He's been on playoff teams his entire career. Lebron joined a 17 team win his rookie season & it took him 3 years to get them into the playoffs. Now I'm not saying Melo is a better player than Lebron, & you're probably right that Melo has generally had better talent around him than Lebron has had, but it's not like Lebron had no one to help him out, Carlos Boozer was on the same team as him during Lebron's rookie season & put up 16 & 12 that year.