Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What position do you play?

Wow guys in here are pretty small! I'm right on cue with my 5'11" 175lbs body it seems.

Where are the 6'9 guys?

I am 6'2" and played PG...but that was 12 long years ago for the first V at school lol

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    Wow guys in here are pretty small! I'm right on cue with my 5'11" 175lbs body it seems.

Where are the 6'9 guys?
    I think they're all auditioning for the center position at MSG.

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    I think they're all auditioning for the center position at MSG.
    Crazy8s, checkout the Noob Question thread.

The payment is ready, my friend

6'1 PF, 26 years old, now at 270 but that is all added on as i started working behind a desk and had a baby taking up all my normal gym time. I was always around the 220-240 lbs range. Played all my high school and university ball at PF. But i play in a Mens league now and play anywhere from 2-5.

I've always been a "point forward", undersized big, but with a lot of strength and a solid wide stance. 3 point range is streaky, but from anywhere iinside of 17 feet i'm clutch. On the defensive end i'm a hound dog and use most of my energy there. I try to play without fouling, but I get away with a lot of $hit. I also lead the division in blocks 2 years ago. It helps that as a rule, Canadian's are not tall.

Veteran

SG/SF paintball game, but I play football more. Use to play LB/SS in the Simi-pros (Brooklyn Chargers) and earned a shot to tryout for the Jets practice squad. I never went because I was shot in the left arm the following week over some unrelated jealousy BS. Them damn crabs in the barrel...

6'0 200 pounds and all I play is power forward. Im a white guy with a goatee and my main strength is rebounding and under the basket play so obviously I get called Kevin Love.

My 3 point shot isnt that good at all anymore, I have a weird shot where my leg kicks out so I get abused for it haha. Play pickup games every Wednesday, love to ball.

lol, now weighing in at about 230. Playing a lot faster but still mostly in the low post. I was more of a face up PF ala. Amar'e but I've been working on back to the basket moves and my hop-step.

Trying to get my weight down to ~200 lbs. It will be harder to defend the biggest guys in my league (6'6 280) at that weight but I will be more effective overall on the court. Teams often like to but me on the wing as I can drain long 2's and cut quick enough to the basket to get good position and hold a seal, but my perimeter defense sucks (something else to work on).

New season starts up in October.

Originally Posted by p0nder
    lol, now weighing in at about 230. Playing a lot faster but still mostly in the low post. I was more of a face up PF ala. Amar'e but I've been working on back to the basket moves and my hop-step.

Trying to get my weight down to ~200 lbs. It will be harder to defend the biggest guys in my league (6'6 280) at that weight but I will be more effective overall on the court. Teams often like to but me on the wing as I can drain long 2's and cut quick enough to the basket to get good position and hold a seal, but my perimeter defense sucks (something else to work on).

New season starts up in October.
    You're almost exactly the same size as me, dude. 6'2 - 200. 200 give or take, I'm 91kgs, so rough enough. You play PF at that size? Damn. I played 2 guard my entire life, and @ 6'2 was rarely over sized. I thought you'd have some beast size players in the US with that enormous population.

Question Mark Shot!?

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    SG/SF paintball game, but I play football more. Use to play LB/SS in the Simi-pros (Brooklyn Chargers) and earned a shot to tryout for the Jets practice squad. I never went because I was shot in the left arm the following week over some unrelated jealousy BS. Them damn crabs in the barrel...
    WTF? You got shot? Cheese and rice, that's mental! Were you awarded any sympathy fellatio? Should have been. You need an avatar, BTW. Perhaps your mangled arm!?

Shot.

Madness.

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    You're almost exactly the same size as me, dude. 6'2 - 200. 200 give or take, I'm 91kgs, so rough enough. You play PF at that size? Damn. I played 2 guard my entire life, and @ 6'2 was rarely over sized. I thought you'd have some beast size players in the US with that enormous population.
    Hah, I live in Canada...

I dunno I'm undersized for a PF but i get loads of boards and led my league in blocks. I was playing at like 260-270lbs but lost a lot of weight recently (down to 225-ish) With a low center of gravity I was able to stay on my feet and use positioning skills to box out the bigger guys. Lots of over the back fouls drawn. Deceptively quick feet and hands made me valuable on defense, but my offensive output hasn't materialized on the team I was playing with. Trying out with a new team this fall.

I play PF or C in league, but really I can play SF if they needed me to because I'll cut and slash, I'll drain the mid range, I'll swat the shots for you.

But I haven't been in game shape since 2001, so my production has been limited in the last few seasons. My last season was by far my best, because it coincided with me starting to lift the weights, and I benefited a lot from that, I was able to set picks now and grab more boards, and more difficult to move from my spot, but now I am today much further along and I am planning my comeback to the B-League in Winter, 2012. By then I should be in beastly shape and I expect to drop:

14 points, grab 6 boards, shoot maybe 50%, 65% from free throws, and I will swat AT least 2 shots.

This is going to be the 45 MJ double nickel season.

Oh and I had a stress fracture in the last season I played, that's why I had to cut it short, but I was dropping something like 5 points, 4 boards, maybe 0.8 swats per game, but I was playing solid D, so that's why NOW, with the game shape, I'm gonna be a revelation in league.

I'm trying to be like the Jeremy Lin of the B League.