Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kwame Brown our short term Center?

Default Kwame Brown our short term Center?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The Knicks need someone to protect the rim and play some defense as a big man. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] tried but he is a great backup, not the answer.
    However they really want to preserve their cap space for potentially getting another superstar in 2012 — hello [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] or [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (new CBA willing) — so they are not going to make a run at key center free agents [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] or [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] this summer, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    Rather they are looking at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] as a short-term fix. Yes, that Kwame Brown. If that sounds desperate, here are the other guys on their list according to the report: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], Joel Pryzbilla, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ,[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and .[Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    Kwame is an offensive wasteland with Roberto Duran’s “manos de piedra” but he can defend man-on-man, just don’t expect actual help defense. And yet, he may be the best option on that list.
    The best part of this is the Knicks will bring in Brown or Thomas or Pryzbilla then somehow Mike D’Antoni will again be blamed for the crappy defense the Knicks play. As if Phil Jackson and John Wooden as a tag team could make a good defense with those guys at center and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] on the wings. Personnel matters.

This is actually a bit of a complicated issue if you think about it. The knicks potentially have 4 players right now who can rotate into the center spot depending on the available minutes. On top of the fact its very likely their may be a shortened season I could see the knicks skipping on adding a stop gap center if either of the rookie centers show they could play 20 minutes a night with turiaf subbing and Aware coming in for spot minutes as center in small line ups.

Superstar

What's the latest on Oden? Is he anywhere near close to 100%? If not, when? Will the Blazers retain him? When do they need to make a decision by? Where's Oden at right now physically? How much would it take to sign him? The entire MLE or equivalent? Less because of the multiple knee problems?

If the Blazers cut him loose, I'd scoop him up and take a chance. Too much talent and he's too young not to take the chance. Many guys have made it back from knee surgery -- Amar'e, McDyess, etc.. I say take a shot. The price has got to be right though...If not, we then go with Jorts, Ronny or go out and sign a Dwayne Jones... Can always go out and ink up the best DL center available (Courtney Sims, Sean Williams, etc..). Whoever that may be would be a better alternative over Kwame Brown imho.

Originally Posted by finestrg
    What's the latest on Oden? Is he anywhere near close to 100%? If not, when? Will the Blazers retain him? When do they need to make a decision by? Where's Oden at right now physically? How much would it take to sign him? The entire MLE or equivalent? Less because of the multiple knee problems?

If the Blazers cut him loose, I'd scoop him up and take a chance. Too much talent and he's too young not to take the chance. Many guys have made it back from knee surgery -- Amar'e, McDyess, etc.. I say take a shot. The price has got to be right though...If not, we then go with Jorts, Ronny or go out and sign a Dwayne Jones... Can always go out and ink up the best DL center available (Courtney Sims, Sean Williams, etc..). Whoever that may be would be a better alternative over Kwame Brown imho.
    From what I hear Oden is looking for MLE money and a multi year contract.

Superstar

Well I just clicked on his name in the above post and got some information (thanks Kyle). Looks like the Blazers have until June 30th to tender Oden the QO -- $8.78M. That's a lot of scratch to offer a guy with his injury history. They may not offer it to him. In that case, he would become an unrestricted FA I believe -- we can then come in and make an offer. I'd expect there to be some competition for his services. Hypothetically it gets that far -- how far would you go to get him? How much?

Superstar

Originally Posted by Wargames
    From what I hear Oden is looking for MLE money and a multi year contract.
    Thanks Wargames.. So he's healthy more or less?

I wouldn't mind Aaron Gray. He's seven feet tall, relatively young. Not sure he want to sign for one yr however, but I think it's doable. He'd see a lot of open looks due to the attention Melo and Amare recieve.

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    I wouldn't mind Aaron Gray. He's seven feet tall, relatively young. Not sure he want to sign for one yr however, but I think it's doable. He'd see a lot of open looks due to the attention Melo and Amare recieve.
    +1. Big body down low
    With our slower pace and halfcourt type offense, he has a chance to fluorish

I wouldn't mind Aaron Gray either... Anyone but Kwame Brown..

God, shoot me.

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    God, shoot me.
    He's not a good listener.

Former no 1 draft pick, scouted by Michael Jordan himself. Sounds good*...

*yes that was all sarcasm..

Seriously....not pursuing the best center available in the hopes of getting another max? Let's waste another year of Amar'e's knees for flash and money.

I still like kurt thomas, reminds me of oakley

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    I still like kurt thomas, reminds me of oakley
    I would definitely take him now.