Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Harrellson: "I'm going to protect my stars"

Originally Posted by Thugball
    I can see Harrelson being our Brian Cardinal.
    Or maybe our Bo Outlaw.. or better still, our Bill Lambeer. Who knows..

The point is that @ 6'10'', 270lb if he has the motor, that insatiable appetite to do the dirty work and a bit of nasty.. he may surprise us all.

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Or maybe our Bo Outlaw.. or better still, our Bill Lambeer. Who knows..

The point is that @ 6'10'', 270lb if he has the motor, that insatiable appetite to do the dirty work and a bit of nasty.. he may surprise us all.
    I like the comparison to Laimbeer
    I'm not saying he's gonna be as good as Bill. But with the toughness, commitment to defense, and decent shooting range the comparison is spot on

lol espn called him a poor mans kevin love. that would be great but i dont see it.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

it never fails after so many years on this forum... we overhype our people and then hit the wall when the season starts... Michael Sweetney, Frank Williams, Andy Rautins, Jordan Hill, Mardy Collins, Dijon Thompson, Maciej Lampe, Slavko Vranes, Lavor Postell, Walter McCarty etc etc etc

I like what has been said about his hustle, but he just isnt athletic enough and has zero offense and that just translates into less minutes than Rautins next season, dont fool yourselves guys
    Last edited by portega1968; Jun 28, 2011 at 09:19.

whoa whoa whoa whoa.... who ever hyped up Andy Rautins???

This kid has the size and an attitude. Amar'e could really help him get his offensive game going and mentor him to the workings of pro sports. I can't think of a better place for this kid to land. He will get the same opportunities that Moz got early last year. When he proves he can make a difference at both ends, we'll see him get minutes. Don't expect to see him on the floor until there are some injuries tho.

And Tho he will probably not get many minutes this year, I can see him playing better then Moz and Jordan Hill in a year or two.

this big 3 nonsense needs to stop. people say we had a big 3 with melo amare and billups even though billup isnt a superstar and now people are claiming we have one with harrelson WHILE billups is still on the team! harrelson was a lateround nobody but somehow he translates to a big 3 member.

Originally Posted by portega1968
    it never fails after so many years on this forum... we overhype our people and then hit the wall when the season starts... Michael Sweetney, Frank Williams, Andy Rautins, Jordan Hill, Mardy Collins, Dijon Thompson, Maciej Lampe, Slavko Vranes, Lavor Postell, Walter McCarty etc etc etc

I like what has been said about his hustle, but he just isnt athletic enough and has zero offense and that just translates into less minutes than Rautins next season, dont fool yourselves guys
    Exactamondo!!!!!!

No matter who we draft we all get completley gassed off of them be it a lottery pick or a purchased 45 pick in the 2nd round.

This kid will do nothing for us next year.....and he will not be on an NBA roster in 2013

If there a summer league this year I wouldnt be surpised if he was coming off the bench for us yet some of you talk about him being an impact for us next year.

Word has it that our choice was Tyler in the 2nd until GSW got wind and bumped themselves up in the selection order.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Originally Posted by p0nder
    This kid has the size and an attitude. Amar'e could really help him get his offensive game going and mentor him to the workings of pro sports. I can't think of a better place for this kid to land. He will get the same opportunities that Moz got early last year. When he proves he can make a difference at both ends, we'll see him get minutes. Don't expect to see him on the floor until there are some injuries tho.
    So Amare is going to make him more athletic and improve his wongspan? Harrellson really really needs to add a midrange shot to have a chance of sticking in the NBA, and I don't know IF he will get the same chance as Mozgov since Mozgov was a legit center who was very athletic, while Harrellson isn't. If Harrellson has problems rebounding against more athletic players, then he will quickly be sent to the D-League or the end of the bench since that's his main skill at this point.

Amar'e is the best Offensive PF in the game. Playing along side him in games, against and with him in practice is going to teach the kid a lot. Amar'e has great mid range moves to get up, good passing skills and great ability to finish. If the kid has time to learn from Amar'e it will help him a lot.

It won't improve his athleticisim, but certainly working with the Knicks personnel will help with that. D. Lee improved his athleticism and shooting while here, why can't this guy?

The only reason Moz got a shot here was the lack of options and injuries to key players. It had nothing to do with him being a "legit center" or athletic. The situation is not really different at Center then it was a year ago.

If the kid show's he can defend, rebound and finish around the rim better then Jefferies, then come injury time (usually right before the all-star break as the season wears on the players) the kid will get his opportunity. If he proves he is serviceable he may end up being "the poor mans kevin love" that we are hoping for.

I like what I'm hearing. It's about damn time SOMEbody stepped up & said they'd be protecting our star players. Timo Mozgov was way too nice of a kid he would never even think of doing or saying anything to show himself to be this type of a player. This is exactly how I want to see Josh Harrellson play, be an enforcer out there, don't let guys get too rough with our guys. If he can be our poor man's Bill Laimbeer, or even a modern day Chris Dudley, then I'll be more than happy with that. We need more guys with some onions on this team.

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    He's not better than Mozgov and the Gov's playing time was up and down all year, talking tough does not equate to being a good NBA player and getting PT. D'Antoni will not be playing this kid much.
    Mozgov is an idiot with amazing athletic abilities

Harrelson knows his game and smart players beat dumb players so...

Harrelson > Mozgov

Doesn't sound like anyone's going overboard in excitement about Harellson. They're just praising him for saying the right thing so far.

What's with all the contrarians overreacting and comparing Harellson to Mozgov? Dude hasn't even had a shot yet. SMH at this forum.

Originally Posted by Marek
    Doesn't sound like anyone's going overboard in excitement about Harellson. They're just praising him for saying the right thing so far.

What's with all the contrarians overreacting and comparing Harellson to Mozgov? Dude hasn't even had a shot yet. SMH at this forum.
    Exactly, well put.. Nobody's hyping him. Just a little curious speculating. Nothing wrong with that.

And the guy does sound like he has twice the nads of Mozgov. Will he back it up on the court?? We have to see..

Originally Posted by Marek

Mozgov was a scrub, what's to compare?