Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Harrellson: "I'm going to protect my stars"

Veteran

Originally Posted by STAT1
    Mozgov was a scrub, what's to compare?
    Exactly. We're comparing him to Mozgov but let's not forget Mozogv actually...is not very good. At all.

AT BEST Josh Harrellson is going to be a 15 minute backup Center whose sole purpose is to use those six fouls he has. That's it. I like the fact that he knows what his role is.

Veteran

Originally Posted by kylepicklehead
    You're making Mozgov sound like he was an All-Star. His perimeter game was not that great at all, and he was not a very tough big man. (See below Video.)

Will someone please explain to me why someone would want their BIGMAN (priority to MAN the paint-area) outside on the peremeter???

I know I am ole-school NBA from Oscar Robinson to Jordan, but the last 20 Championship Teams in the NBA did it the ole-school way.
    All u Dantoni-Fans that has been invading the Knicks-boards n forums has yet to make any sense about NBA B.Ball on this Knicks team.

Mozgov was to strong and dominating to play in the Euro-Leagues.....
    Amare has never played-well with a center.....ask Kurt Thomas, or Shaq, or Lopez

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Will someone please explain to me why someone would want their BIGMAN (priority to MAN the paint-area) outside on the peremeter???

I know I am ole-school NBA from Oscar Robinson to Jordan, but the last 20 Championship Teams in the NBA did it the ole-school way.
    All u Dantoni-Fans that has been invading the Knicks-boards n forums has yet to make any sense about NBA B.Ball on this Knicks team.

Mozgov was to strong and dominating to play in the Euro-Leagues.....
    Amare has never played-well with a center.....ask Kurt Thomas, or Shaq, or Lopez
    That's why he averaged 6 points and 4 rebounds in his last Euroleague season.. Very dominating player he was.. Scary.
    Last edited by ronoranina; Jun 29, 2011 at 10:21.

Mozgov is a mobile young athlete with potential in his future.

I liked the guy, but bitching about Harellson and saying "He's no Mozgov" is just silly

I hope this kid is a whole heckuva lot better than Mozgov. At least then he might end up being a legitimate starting C someday.

Veteran

Angry BIG-BODY in the paint to box-out

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    That's why he averaged 6 points and 4 rebounds in his last Euroleague season.. Very dominating player he was.. Scary.

Bill Cartwright average the same numbers with the Bulls to
    win 3 straight Championship Rings....while Oakley averaged
    14 points and 14 rebounds with the Bulls and couldnt make it to the ECF.
    Bill Cartwright was a 20-10 player from his rookie season
    untill traded to the Bulls.

When u could explain Cartwright numbers with Knicks & Bulls,
    or Earl Monroe numbers with Bullets & Knicks, then u could
    respond on a NBA level of B.Ball to my threads.

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Exactly. We're comparing him to Mozgov but let's not forget Mozogv actually...is not very good. At all.

AT BEST Josh Harrellson is going to be a 15 minute backup Center whose sole purpose is to use those six fouls he has. That's it. I like the fact that he knows what his role is.
    This is the most important fact and everything we need to know. A player who knows what his role is will most likely perform it well.

Veteran

^^exactly. This is what I was expecting from Moz, but that dude would foul at the most inopportune times. Hopefully Josh will know the difference and floor any and everyone entering the paint. No more easy baskets and no more giants shooting the long ball instead of letting his presence be felt under and around the basket. I see a lot of flagrant's being thrown early and often at this guy. Hopefully they won't hurt us as much as the hard fouls will hurt the opposing team.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman

Bill Cartwright average the same numbers with the Bulls to
    win 3 straight Championship Rings....while Oakley averaged
    14 points and 14 rebounds with the Bulls and couldnt make it to the ECF.
    Bill Cartwright was a 20-10 player from his rookie season
    untill traded to the Bulls.

When u could explain Cartwright numbers with Knicks & Bulls,
    or Earl Monroe numbers with Bullets & Knicks, then u could
    respond on a NBA level of B.Ball to my threads.
    Seriously?? Dude, these are ****ty examples.. you can't compare a player who's on a championship NBA team to a Russian upstart who played in the Euro leagues! GFOH w this nonsense..
    Last edited by ronoranina; Jul 03, 2011 at 07:40.

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    No more easy baskets and no more giants shooting the long ball instead of letting his presence be felt under and around the basket.
    I can see your point. The Mavs' ring proved that. Let's cut this rubbish Euro-style-bigs-shooting-threes non-sense.