PF - Chuck Hayes
    SF - Shawne Williams
    SG - Landry Fields
    PG - T-Mac

Third unit with definite playing time

PG-Anthony Carter

Other

PG/SG-Allen Iverson

- Douglas has to step it up. After a very good rookie season, things looked bright for him. His second season, he took a lot of bad shots, most of which were not being aggressive to the basket, he took threes. Is D'Antoni at fault for that? Wouldn't surprise me, but Bill Walker, when getting the time, showed more then taking threes.

I like Bill Walker. They say he doesn't have the consistent work ethic needed, but is it true? He's versatile, so if this is our roster he's gonna have to fight for a spot or he might not (at least for playing time) if he works hard and a spot is available.

Right now I'd play Bill Walker over Douglas. To Douglas' credit though, he was injured, cause he fights hard, which I love. I haven't seen PG qualities in him except a few games near the end of the regular season when he was making sweet passes and not taking many bad shots, if any at all. I think the last couple of games or something in the regular he might have gone back to not playing that good, and didn't play good in the Playoffs.

It's ok for Douglas to be a SG! You can still take good shots and have good ball movement. I like him. He didn't go down so much that I don't think he'd be positive for us next year if he plays.

- If Chuck Hayes is good as he's said to be on defense, then you go after him. A lot of cap space or not, how many better options are there? He'd be a great back-up for Amar'e.

- I know what you're thinking about Delonte West. He's gotten in trouble a lot and has struggled with bi-polar disorder. There are players, you take the risk on. We did on Sprewell with success. West can take it to the basket, shoot, defend, moves the ball well including nice passing. He hasn't been in trouble in a while, so why not?

Iman Shumpert and Josh Harrellson are rookies. If they don't play with THIS line-up, fine (unless they show a lot in a short amount of time). We're not gonna play everybody.

Note: Grant Hill is probably the best SG available. Top defense, solid offense, veteran leadership, and used to play at a superstar level a few years before injuries! He's in great shape now, and gives it his all, which means he'll have veteran superstar leadership. The reason I didn't put him on the roster is because I do want him to finish his career on the Suns with Nash and win a ring there. If he came to New York, I'd be a very happy man. Could we afford him though? At 38, he's still earned more than the minimum, then again, so has Chuck Hayes.

Veteran

We need to get Delonte for the sole purpose of starting him and putting him on LeBron (no homo) when we play the Miami Heat.

Superstar

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Taking my crack at next year's roster

Not the best choice of words.

Originally Posted by TakMan
    Not the best choice of words.

Veteran

I stop reading when the poster added BUM-Delonte West......Lebron wouldve
    had another trip to the FINALS in Cleveland if the Cavs wouldve kept putting
    up with Larry Hughes bull**** at the starting SG spot.

Jared Jefferies wouldve still been known as the Knicks 16th man on the
    roster if Larry Hughes never became a Knick to tighten-up Jefferies
    defensive talents.

Bum? I don't think so. He's one of the most underrated players in the league.

Theres one thing I like alot about the list, Allen Iverson

I love AI (no-homo), think he would be a great off the bench spark we are looking ofr.

What has to be considered about AI is the Playoffs. You're not gonna get many dependable offensive weapons at the vet. minimum.

I'm thinking our roster will shake out to be one of these two

A

Nash/Douglas/AC
    Fields/Walker
    Melo/Wiliams
    STAT/Thomas
    Gortat/Harrelson/Jordan

B

Billups/Douglas/AC
    Fields/Shumpert
    Melo/Williams
    STAT/Thomas/Balkman
    Dalembert/Turiaf

Billups/Shumpert/AC
    TMac/Fields/TD
    Melo/Williams
    Stat/Thomas
    Jordan/Harrelson/Turiaf

RUN WITH IT!!

This is what the Knicks should look like next year.

C-Joel Przybilla- This guy offers the most on the court if healthy. We only need 20-25 mins per game from him.
    Backups- Turiaf, Jeff Foster and Jorts...

PF-STAT
    Backups Reggie Evans, Jorts, Jeff Foster & Turiaf

SF-Melo
    Backups- Shawne Williams & Bill Walker

SG-Jason Richardson-Signing him completes the team this year. 3-4 year deal @ 5 mill. No more than this.
    Backups TD, Fields, Walker & Shumpert

PG-Billups. Until we get CP3 he's our best option
    Backups-Shumpert, Carter & TD

This is an excellent mix of talented offensive, defensive and role players. Good enough to win a chip if all remain healthy. They will have to be coached on both sides of the court right from the start.

Make no mistake about it, this would be a tough minded veteran defensive team capable of exploding on offense any given night. If coached and used the proper way.

I picked players based on their availability and signability. I would love to have Tyson Chandler, G Hill, Barea, Dalembert or any of the more talented players, but they will cost. We are going to need the cap space to go after CP3 and or D12 after the season.

My only problem putting together a team like this is our coach. I seriously doubt he's capable of getting maximum production out of a roster like this. A defensive assistant wont help because MOA still has final say on in game personnel moves. This doesnt bode well for some of these players. Some may never get off the bench even though they have track records in the NBA.

Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    This is what the Knicks should look like next year.

C-Joel Przybilla- This guy offers the most on the court if healthy. We only need 20-25 mins per game from him.
    Backups- Turiaf, Jeff Foster and Jorts...

PF-STAT
    Backups Reggie Evans, Jorts, Jeff Foster & Turiaf

SF-Melo
    Backups- Shawne Williams & Bill Walker

SG-Jason Richardson-Signing him completes the team this year. 3-4 year deal @ 5 mill. No more than this.
    Backups TD, Fields, Walker & Shumpert

PG-Billups. Until we get CP3 he's our best option
    Backups-Shumpert, Carter & TD

This is an excellent mix of talented offensive, defensive and role players. Good enough to win a chip if all remain healthy. They will have to be coached on both sides of the court right from the start.

Make no mistake about it, this would be a tough minded veteran defensive team capable of exploding on offense any given night. If coached and used the proper way.

I picked players based on their availability and signability. I would love to have Tyson Chandler, G Hill, Barea, Dalembert or any of the more talented players, but they will cost. We are going to need the cap space to go after CP3 and or D12 after the season.

My only problem putting together a team like this is our coach. I seriously doubt he's capable of getting maximum production out of a roster like this. A defensive assistant wont help because MOA still has final say on in game personnel moves. This doesnt bode well for some of these players. Some may never get off the bench even though they have track records in the NBA.

That roster would be enough to win a championship and that roster looks pretty realistic. The only problem is Przybilla's health and how would we be able to get Evans, Richardson or Foster, would they all sign for the minimum so they can win a championship?