Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Official Jorts Thread: What do we know about him?

Originally Posted by jwmann2
    Knicks see him as a Kevin Love type of player. Not a whole lot of mobility, but has a knack for rebounding and put backs. Good team player, not flashy, has a decent outside touch.
    How dare the Knicks compare him to another white player! [/sarcasm]

Knicks see him as a Kevin Love type of player. Not a whole lot of mobility, but has a knack for rebounding and put backs. Good team player, not flashy, has a decent outside touch.
    DAMN foos runnin round here like gazelles in heat.

Pitiful comparison.

Love runs floor extremely well and is an elite 3pt shooter. Elite. Historically great last years.

Best (realistic) case we got enforcer and quality backup 5 who cheers hard off the bench.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by STAT1
    How dare the Knicks compare him to another white player! [/sarcasm]

best comparison.....Chris Dudley

Originally Posted by moneyg
    best comparison.....Chris Dudley
    & I'd be fine with that. Already brought up the Dudley idea in another thread but apparently since white players shouldn't be compared to white players, I think maybe a better comparison would be Jason Collins.

I dunno about him as a Kevin Love type player...

Were you smoking 50 blunts during the making of this post?

Veteran

When describing Jorts always precede any comparison with "POOR MAN''S" and you'll be safe.

Even D'Antoni said he is no sure thing and he has a more informed view than any of us so we wait to see if we have Bill Lambeer or Frederic Weis.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    When describing Jorts always precede any comparison with "POOR MAN''S" and you'll be safe.

Even D'Antoni said he is no sure thing and he has a more informed view than any of us so we wait to see if we have Bill Lambeer or Frederic Weis.

fredric weiss wasnt tough or else he would of put vince on his a$$....jorts is..

i dont expect much from him.. id be happy if he was a good locker room presense....and mixed it up in practice

@stat1 unfortunately there are more white players that he can be compared to than black players... just the facts....

i'll compare him to dave debusschere. Hard nosed player. We have a diamond in the ruff.

Originally Posted by moneyg
    fredric weiss wasnt tough or else he would of put vince on his a$$....jorts is..

i dont expect much from him.. id be happy if he was a good locker room presense....and mixed it up in practice

@stat1 unfortunately there are more white players that he can be compared to than black players... just the facts....
    All l'm looking for is a guy who won't be afraid to mix it up downlow when he's on the floor, box guys out, play some defense in the paint, & most importantly will watch STAT & Melo's backs when other players try & get too physical with either of them. From what I've been seeing & reading about him, I think Jorts can be that guy. Anything else we get from him in terms of offensive skills in the post or midrange shooting ability is just gravy as far as I'm concerned.

Originally Posted by tiger0330

The way MDA plays favorites I'm not putting much weight into what he says about any player in particular. Players that couldn't see the light of day in his system have proven they have the talent to be productive on other teams. But I agree it is a wait & see with Jorts. Hopefully he's more Laimbeer than he is Weiss, but I'd be happy if he were Jason Collins or Etan Thomas (trying to keep this PC now).