Probably the worst year ever not to have Summer League!!!!

New New York

Quiet Storm
I mean this lockout could not have come at a worst time for us!

We desperatley need to see what we have with out young/cheap players to know what to make of our roster.

I mean I would love to see what a year in the Euro's produced for Jerome Jordan

Of course we all want to see if IR's defense is all that we are told it is and if his great shooting display in the workout was a fluke or has his shot developed since G Tech's season ended.

What about Andy Rautins? We could see if a year on the bench helped him learn the NBA game any, if not waive him to free up a spot.

Summer League can be, and a lot of the times is very misleading in terms of player performance (who can forget Greg Ostretag dominating Tim Duncan and Nate Robinson being the All Time Greatest player in Summer League History!) with it not really giving an honest depiction of the player's talent level.

But what Summer League does do is give players a taste of NBA speed and a higher level of comp. to play against, even though 75% of the leauge will never be pro's they are still bigger,quicker and stronger than players at the college level.

Stat,Melo,Billups,Douglas and Feilds are the only players on our whole roster that are for sure going to be playing next year thus leavin a lot of questions for us to have answered.

I mean this lockout could not have come at a worst time for us!

We desperatley need to see what we have with out young/cheap players to know what to make of our roster.

I mean I would love to see what a year in the Euro's produced for Jerome Jordan

Of course we all want to see if IR's defense is all that we are told it is and if his great shooting display in the workout was a fluke or has his shot developed since G Tech's season ended.

What about Andy Rautins? We could see if a year on the bench helped him learn the NBA game any, if not waive him to free up a spot.

Summer League can be, and a lot of the times is very misleading in terms of player performance (who can forget Greg Ostretag dominating Tim Duncan and Nate Robinson being the All Time Greatest player in Summer League History!) with it not really giving an honest depiction of the player's talent level.

But what Summer League does do is give players a taste of NBA speed and a higher level of comp. to play against, even though 75% of the leauge will never be pro's they are still bigger,quicker and stronger than players at the college level.

Stat,Melo,Billups,Douglas and Feilds are the only players on our whole roster that are for sure going to be playing next year thus leavin a lot of questions for us to have answered.

man I wish we had a summer leauge this year :(

New New York

Quiet Storm
****ing lockout!

I'm desperate to watch a Summer League and Preseason!

It's been way too long since the Boston series!

I miss my Knicks.

Yeah.....I mean with the leauge popularity at an all time high you would think David Stern would give into anything (within reason) to keep the league going next year, I mean after all if they get the profit sharing they want, yet there is less profit then what have they gained?

mafra

Legend
Knicks already got screwed b/c of this uncertainty... of all the teams, Knicks one of the few to really get hurt in the draft. Why? Without the looming threat of a lockout, a few extra lottery players enter the draft (at least Barnes & Sullinger). In other words, if this were a normal year... a K-Leonard falls in our laps,or we have our starting center in N-Vucevic... Maybe even a Jimmer or Thompson fall? Who knows.

Not having a pre-season does hurt b/c it means we sort of have to guess if Jerome Jordan is ready. I think we keep him here and hope for the best, while we send Harrellson somewhere to play. We'll see.

LET'S JUST HOPE that we benefit from a rushed-hurried-frenzied curtailed free agency period, where more players are inclined to accept 1-yr deals than normally would be the case. Being we really don't have much wiggle room this offseason, that would help tremendously.