Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chauncy: "Knicks need more team, not more stars!"

Originally Posted by STAT1
    CP3 is not the only prize waiting in 2012. There are other players that will be better than Chauncey that summer available in free agency, Deron, Dwight, Nash & potentially Bynum are among them. Chauncey will be plan E, F or G & everyone knows it.
    As much as I love Nash, replacing Chauncy with Steve is like swapping one bandage for another.

[quote=Kiyaman]Look at the past 5 years on how much Lebron & D.Wade average yearly off of endorsements compared to this season of HATRED./[quote]
    That season of HATRED worked out for them, money-wise, pretty well too.

I do agree with Nyknicks141 -- NY has been rebuilding for nearly 10 years now and this is a good position for the team. It's not like there's a glut of forwards any more, and we have two established all-star scorers, and we have a veteran field general in Billups.

Veteran

Steve Nash is a great player but really we'd be losing defense for offense and we at this point probably need defense way more.

Unless, of course, Nash comes at a good price and allows us to pick up someone like Tyson Chandler. Would you rather have Chris Paul or would you rather have Steve Nash AND Tyson Chandler?

Just a thought.

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Steve Nash is a great player but really we'd be losing defense for offense and we at this point probably need defense way more.

Unless, of course, Nash comes at a good price and allows us to pick up someone like Tyson Chandler. Would you rather have Chris Paul or would you rather have Steve Nash AND Tyson Chandler?

Just a thought.
    Chandler will not be an option in 2012, he'll be signed up this summer to a longterm deal. The choice will come down to choosing either to sign 1 of the big 3 elite free agents next summer, or splitting up the cap space between 2 or 3 very good players like Nash, Bynum, etc. I would be fine with either path, though going after an elite player tends to appeal to me more. They're harder to come by.