Melo's Elbow Still In Pain

Ewing33Swisher

Benchwarmer
via New York Post website

Carmelo Anthony has been secretly rehabbing a bum right elbow at the Knicks practice facility, and has been prohibited from lifting weights and any on-court work, including shooting, since the season ended in late April, The Post has learned.
Anthony is suffering from elbow bursitis, a condition he had earlier this season in Denver. It flared up with the Knicks in late February when he talked about the possibility of having a drainage procedure but added he "doesn't like going under the knife."
Anthony's Westchester rehab would end because of the expected lockout tomorrow -- one of the major behind-the-scenes detriments of NBA commissioner David Stern's work stoppage. Anthony would no longer be able to talk to the coaching or medical staff or have elbow treatment at the practice facility.
Toney Douglas, who had rotator cuff shoulder surgery after the season, is in the same boat, and his rehab also would take place without Knicks supervision.
After his second game as a Knick on Feb. 25 in Cleveland, Anthony said his right elbow felt numb in the fourth quarter.
"When I shoot it's hard for me to follow through after a shot, it's just painful," Anthony said.
Anthony proceeded to wear a shooting sleeve the following game and donned one off and on the rest of the season. Anthony did not complain about the elbow during the first-round series sweep vs. Boston when he shot 37.5 percent and missed badly on a last-second 3-pointer that would have won Game 1.

nyk_nyk

All Star
via New York Post website

Carmelo Anthony has been secretly rehabbing a bum right elbow at the Knicks practice facility, and has been prohibited from lifting weights and any on-court work, including shooting, since the season ended in late April, The Post has learned.
Anthony is suffering from elbow bursitis, a condition he had earlier this season in Denver. It flared up with the Knicks in late February when he talked about the possibility of having a drainage procedure but added he "doesn't like going under the knife."
Anthony's Westchester rehab would end because of the expected lockout tomorrow -- one of the major behind-the-scenes detriments of NBA commissioner David Stern's work stoppage. Anthony would no longer be able to talk to the coaching or medical staff or have elbow treatment at the practice facility.
Toney Douglas, who had rotator cuff shoulder surgery after the season, is in the same boat, and his rehab also would take place without Knicks supervision.
After his second game as a Knick on Feb. 25 in Cleveland, Anthony said his right elbow felt numb in the fourth quarter.
"When I shoot it's hard for me to follow through after a shot, it's just painful," Anthony said.
Anthony proceeded to wear a shooting sleeve the following game and donned one off and on the rest of the season. Anthony did not complain about the elbow during the first-round series sweep vs. Boston when he shot 37.5 percent and missed badly on a last-second 3-pointer that would have won Game 1.

I'm not concerned. These aren't serious injuries and they can still do outside rehab and talk to the medial staff whenever they wanted. Stern can't monitor everyones phone lines.