why not send pistons to play usa basketball

they porb would but i doubt they wanted 2 go over there and play, some do some dont, well next time hopefully theres no terorist treat and our superstarts will play!

rady

Administrator
Staff member
i thought about that idea too, and it would probably be the best to get 3-4 players from a top team who know eachothers game instead of a player from each team. it would have been great if hamilton, rasheed and ben wallace had accepted the invitation, no question about who had won the gold.

JJtheKnick

Starter
yo but the pistons would be wipe out. they had to play the hole season and the playoffs then go and practice and play all day. i dont think they would be able to do that

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
alot of the players on the team did all that too.. so i think it is actually a good idea, not the whole team but three or four top players

JJtheKnick

Starter
yea but what about the next season. they are going to be wiped out after playing in the playoffs then going to play usa basketball. witht all the games and practice. the next season they will be wiped out.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I was talking about that same idea with a friend of mine. Was telling him that the NBA should send whomever won the NBA Championship that year to the olympics, but then he said "what would happen if the Dallas Mavericks won? There would be only like 4 American players in the USA Olympics" So that idea really doesn't work out.

Imiss#33

Benchwarmer
It just wouldn't work...too long of a season, teams have a lot of international players and with free agency you never know who is coming back...the Pistons wouldn't have had Okur and Wallace likely wouldn't have played without having a contract...that is a good point about the Mavs...what if the Kings won...no peja, no vlade

I say we go back to the college kids...they could practice all spring and summer and they would have the backing of the country...unlike this last group

JJtheKnick

Starter
that would not be a bad idea but everyone wants to see the NBA players because they are thbe best in the world. if u ask me it should go back to collage b ball.