STAT to China during lockout?

The league seems to be decent, many former NBA players played there. Must be hard though to adjust to the lifestyle as an Amarican/ European I'd imagine.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
If you do it Amar'e just be careful... it's when you play lesser talent injuries are more prone to happen.

^Dont be so paranoid. I think its a good idea honestly. The schedule overseas isn't as rigorous as the NBA. So he won't be playing non stop and its a good way for not only him but any NBA player who participates, stay in shape and stay sharp on their game.

Until it actually happens, I'm just going to assume this kind of stuff is all talk with guys the caliber of Kobe and Amare. That said, if the upcoming season does end up going down the tubes due to a lockout, I suppose all bets are off. We should start figuring out now which one of you guys is going to move to China to give us accurate news updates in case that does happen.

Ewing33Swisher

Benchwarmer
if a bunch of players went over there, the Chinese government would make a shitload of money if they broadcasted overseas... just mre money to the big red machine...

smokes

Huge Member
Guys they aren't going over there to play in the China league. Kobe and his agent are trying to arrange a bunch of NBA "allstar" teams to go and do showgames in China. So it would be all NBA players playing against each other, just in China.

I'm sure they won't be going 100% and I'm sure the risk of injury would be very low.

I think it's a good thing, will help the guys to stay in shape and get them prepared in case the season does get up and running a bit later.

la2ny

Starter
If its going to be like the Hurricane Katrina game they did for charity then it's cool. We all know there is no D in those "All Star" games and Stat barely plays it n e way so he'd be good.

smokes

Huge Member
If its going to be like the Hurricane Katrina game they did for charity then it's cool. We all know there is no D in those "All Star" games and Stat barely plays it n e way so he'd be good.

Exactly, I mean play in the China league? Lol that would be ridiculous. And it would totally ruin the league for all the teams that currently exist. Put any NBA allstar on a Chinese team and they will go undefeated for the entire season.

la2ny

Starter
Exactly, I mean play in the China league? Lol that would be ridiculous. And it would totally ruin the league for all the teams that currently exist. Put any NBA allstar on a Chinese team and they will go undefeated for the entire season.

lol yeah that's true. Stat would look like Kareem O'Neal

tiger0330

Legend
It would have more appeal if they played against Chinese teams also or maybe a mix of American and Chinese players on the same teams. Kobe is huge over there, he calls China a home away from home but I wonder if it has more to do with the endorsements he gets over there or if he really feels that way. I would think he looks at Italy as his second home rather than China.

Did you guys read the Daily News article? He will only go if he can get insurance and most likely the Knicks would suggest that he not go.

Last edited:

la2ny

Starter
It would have more appeal if they played against Chinese teams also or maybe a mix of American and Chinese players on the same teams. Kobe is huge over there, he calls China a home away from home but I wonder if it has more to do with the endorsements he gets over there or if he really feels that way. I would think he looks at Italy as his second home rather than China.

Did you guys read the Daily News article? He will only go if he can get insurance and most likely the Knicks would suggest that he not go.

Well Im sure the endorsements have alot to do w/ it, but Kobe had the loudest reception during the 08 Olympics out of anyone except for Yao Ming lol. That says alot and he does go over there alot so it may be true.

The problem here is The Knicks can't even directly contact STAT so I don't see how much they can do. Besides many players play ball during the summer @ camps, charity events, etc.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Take it two steps further

The players should all sign one-year contracts with Euro league and other professional leagues. Since the NBA has broken all the current contracts, they should have those contracts declared null, and void; and sue for compensation in a class-action suit.

If and when the NBA wants to honor contract and US labor laws, they can re-hire players to play in the US.

If the US owners want to continue to pursue their proto-fascist Jim Crow league, then I could care less if the NBA is ever re-constituted.

In that case, I would suggest a new league, half player-owned (in equal shares for each active player, cashed out when a player retires, and then re-granted to new incoming players). The other half of the league would be owned by residents of the host cities, with each individual resident able to purchase up to ten times the reciprocal of the host-city's population. That is a city with 1 million residents would issue 1 million shares for the public, and any resident could buy up to ten of these. All resident owners would be allotted ticket-pairs in proportion to the number of owners in that city, with seating arrangements for individual games determined by lottery.

Player.-owners would get five times the number of seats per game as resident owners, using the same arrangement; except that their seats would all come from the inner tier of the host-arena.

All profits from the new league would be shared equally among all owners as a dividend. The exact amount to be shared as a dividend vs. invested to enhance the league infrastructure would be determined by a board of directors elected by all owners in proportion to the number of shares.

The players should all sign one-year contracts with Euro league and other professional leagues. Since the NBA has broken all the current contracts, they should have those contracts declared null, and void; and sue for compensation in a class-action suit.

If and when the NBA wants to honor contract and US labor laws, they can re-hire players to play in the US.

If the US owners want to continue to pursue their proto-fascist Jim Crow league, then I could care less if the NBA is ever re-constituted.

In that case, I would suggest a new league, half player-owned (in equal shares for each active player, cashed out when a player retires, and then re-granted to new incoming players). The other half of the league would be owned by residents of the host cities, with each individual resident able to purchase up to ten times the reciprocal of the host-city's population. That is a city with 1 million residents would issue 1 million shares for the public, and any resident could buy up to ten of these. All resident owners would be allotted ticket-pairs in proportion to the number of owners in that city, with seating arrangements for individual games determined by lottery.

Player.-owners would get five times the number of seats per game as resident owners, using the same arrangement; except that their seats would all come from the inner tier of the host-arena.

All profits from the new league would be shared equally among all owners as a dividend. The exact amount to be shared as a dividend vs. invested to enhance the league infrastructure would be determined by a board of directors elected by all owners in proportion to the number of shares.

Absolutely not

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer

That would be kool to own a part of the team but that will never happen.. It wouldnt work from a business standpoint.. It's ridiculous to even think that's remotely possible