Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: Son.......

  1. #1
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Son.......

    Lets say this whole season gets locked out... Does Dantoni get an extension or do we let him walk.... I hope it's the latter..
    Last edited by StEpHoN_mArBuRy; Jul 03, 2011 at 22:19.

  2. #2
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,482
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    Lets say this whole season gets locked out... Does Dantoni get an extension or do we let him walk.... I hope it's the former..
    You sure about that?

  3. #3
    ★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Fairfax,Virgina
    Posts
    908
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I assume they would honor the last year of his contract. The Knicks would bring a lot of bad media attention if they played Mike like that as well.

  4. #4
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    You sure about that?
    Lmao i meant latter..

  5. #5
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks4Life_1985
    I assume they would honor the last year of his contract. The Knicks would bring a lot of bad media attention if they played Mike like that as well.
    Yeah I'm worried that he bitches about it then we extend him for like 3 years..

    I don't believe expiring contract get extended another year because of a lockout.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,969
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Think of this way...Rick Adelman, a true offensive specialist, would have gotten our team a better record every year that Mike has been here. I don't see why Mike should get an extension even for the "let's stop changing scenery" argument. That went out the window when we traded Gallo, Chandler, and Felton. They aren't on our team anymore, Nate isn't on our team anymore, Lee isn't on our team anymore, none of them. This guy is also stubborn. I don't like his coaching, and him being stubborn should be enough to get a new coach.

  7. #7
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,969
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    Lmao i meant latter..
    Phew. You had me surprised lol.

  8. #8
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Phew. You had me surprised lol.
    My fault lolll

  9. #9
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    They'd let him go and not be worried about anyone thinking they're "playing" him in any way. It's a business, they wouldn't give a **** if a handful of people were butt hurt that MDA didn't get re-upped after the lockout.

    I'm pretty sure expiring deals expire after a lockout. You get a new contract if you deserve one....MDA doesn't deserve one....I mean.....KG being WIDE OPEN on an inbounds play....late in a one point game....AFTER A TIMEOUT....in the playoffs.

    You mean to tell me that dude told NO ONE to check KG? **** his system...dude can't coach. Kind of like Josh McDaniels...great offensive coordinator terrible leader and coach. So did Denver toil over the decision and ponder and wonder, and give him chances? No...they said get the **** out.

    Follow suit NYK.

  10. #10
    Superstar Sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    782
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    They'd let him go and not be worried about anyone thinking they're "playing" him in any way. It's a business, they wouldn't give a **** if a handful of people were butt hurt that MDA didn't get re-upped after the lockout.

    I'm pretty sure expiring deals expire after a lockout. You get a new contract if you deserve one....MDA doesn't deserve one....I mean.....KG being WIDE OPEN on an inbounds play....late in a one point game....AFTER A TIMEOUT....in the playoffs.

    You mean to tell me that dude told NO ONE to check KG? **** his system...dude can't coach. Kind of like Josh McDaniels...great offensive coordinator terrible leader and coach. So did Denver toil over the decision and ponder and wonder, and give him chances? No...they said get the **** out.

    Follow suit NYK.
    It's what he does offensively that pisses me off more, considering he's meant to be a offensive genius.

    His lack of knowledge on defence is definitely annoying, but it astounds me how incompetent he can be when the team has the ball.

  11. #11
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Sage
    It's what he does offensively that pisses me off more, considering he's meant to be a offensive genius.

    His lack of knowledge on defence is definitely annoying, but it astounds me how incompetent he can be when the team has the ball.
    I totally agree with you, but his supporters love to spin inconsequential factoids to try to show why his offense isn't pure trash. So I didn't even wanna bring that up.

    But there's only one way to look at an opposing player being checked by absolutely no one, on an inbounds play, coming out of a timeout, late in the 4th, with a one point lead. There was a lack of preparation and attention to detail in that timeout. That's the coach's job. It's also one of MDA's weakest characteristics.

    A coach who doesn't excel at situational coaching and paying attention to the minor details, isn't truly a coach. It sounds like a coordinator who's out of his comfort zone.

  12. #12
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    My belief is that every contract would not run, from players to coaches. So if a year is locked out, he would still have 1 year remaining on his deal.

  13. #13
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    My belief is that every contract would not run, from players to coaches. So if a year is locked out, he would still have 1 year remaining on his deal.
    You're wrong. Any contracts that expire next June, expire next June. A year is lost. Unless both sides come to the agreement that this year "never took place" and everything is pushed back a calendar year.

    But as it is right now...Dwight, CP3, and Deron have played their last game for their current teams if the lockout lasts a full season.

  14. #14
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    683
    Rep Power
    10

    Default D'Antoni's Contract

    I agree with Nuckles, at least with respect to players. However, coaches are not "players" and thus are not, as far as I know, covered by the CBA. They are part of management.

    The players' union and the league can agree on terms of a new CBA and those terms may not count a lock out year as part of a contract's length, but this would not affect the employment of a coach any more than the employment of a hot dog vendor at the Garden

    I do not know the terms of D'Antoni's current contract, but if the owners choose to lock out the players, unless there is a specific contract term dealing with lock outs or otherwise requiring actual coaching of a team, I do not believe the owners are relieved of their contractual obligations to the coaches.

  15. #15
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    That's right...MDA might still be getting paid. The coach's association and the player's association are mutually exclusive, right?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •