Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lockout Entertainment Thread

Default Lockout Entertainment Thread

It'd be a shame to let this epic site die in the ass as the lockout drags on. I thought we could maintain our connections within a focal thread. It doesn't necessarily have to be Knicks [or basketball for that matter].

Purely for the sake of maintaining interest here at ko.com

The following full game videos are better viewed in the expanded screen on YouTube.

This is a full video of STAT's return to Phoenix.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Full video of the huge win in Miami.

The amazing story of the Knicks 1999 playoff run.

And my personal favourite - The Mailman destroys Zeke's face.

And for something completely unrelated - 2 wasted Euros get tough against the wrong dude.

No doubt most of you have seen this one.

Rady puts in work to keep us entertained: reciprocate.

Thx Crazy. Good idea.. Luved the melon toss vid

Here are a few vids I like.. You may as well.

Is there anyone left out there sleeping on Larry Bird. If you still are this vid should knock the stupid right out of you re: this issue.

May as well put up my fav Magic Johnson highlight vid. It kinda chronicles his career..

This is funny.

My brother's an MC. His names Dane the Beautiful Monster. He recently spit a few bars at this Garden State Hip-Hop cypher.. Some dope MCs there. He comes on at 24:32..

Other people need to add to this.. Lets keep KO strong y'all. One.
    Last edited by ronoranina; Oct 03, 2011 at 21:40.

Sick Larry Bird mix. I might have seen that before. If I did, not in a long time. Man there's some amazing plays in there.

Thought I'd start off with some Isiah Thomas, I know he f**ked up our Knicks, but the guy could play. I landed on someone's foot this year and busted my ankle, but could only manage 4 points. This is such a great performance.

Becky Hammon Liberty highlights, cos it's NY and she's a hottie.

..and just cos I've been wanting one for our office recently.

Top idea for a thread 8's!! I can't give you any more rep than I have though.

I've been looking at alot of these lately:

Man do I wish the NBA was still on NBC. I swear waiting for playoff games on NBC was the best thing in the world because you knew that they were going to make it seem like the battle of all time.

Man do I study these vids here, besides the few Magic games that are even watchable I watch alot of MJ vids to see what I can use in my game and the man is just incredible. I prefer his late 90's run because it showed how truly great he was. Though the man ruined many of our great years it just doesn't make any sense how easy he made things look. The problem I've stated many times over to people I knew was this is what this generation is missing. Mike destroyed the league even when he lost his athleticism an was 40 YEARS OLD lol. It was all fundamentals and just pure perfection. He mastered the mental aspect of the game to the point where he could score 40-50 points on like 90% mid range jumpshots no 3's and really not be tired or sweating at the end of the game smh.

yeah NBA on NBC owned. I have most of those vintage 90's playoff games on dvd , right now I watch Knicks - Pacers series from 1994. Golden times if you ask me. the level of NBA was so much better than now. We were the dirtiest and ugliest team in NBA everyone feared us. I remember reading the article that Pat Riley said during practice that if any Knick player helps to get up his opponet from the floor he will be fined! that's a great coaching and mentallity - winning at all costs.

As for the Jordan I love his 1996-1998 games too, he was old and still was the best player in the league. Altough this is probably my favourite video of him - age 40 FFS:

Last edited by InGodsHands; Jul 04, 2011 at 06:29.

This guy used to have a TON of NBA on NBC games including Knicks @ Heat 1999 game 5, Pacers @ Knicks 1999 game 4 (4 point play game), Knicks and Rockets NBA finals etc etc.

Unfortunately youtube deleted his account for copyright violation but he is slowly uploading the collection again. Good channel for classic games.

Originally Posted by smokes

This guy used to have a TON of NBA on NBC games including Knicks @ Heat 1999 game 5, Pacers @ Knicks 1999 game 4 (4 point play game), Knicks and Rockets NBA finals etc etc.

Unfortunately youtube deleted his account for copyright violation but he is slowly uploading the collection again. Good channel for classic games.
    I sometimes hate the law man. This fella is not a criminal, he's a hero.
    He also had some games from 08-09 and 09-10, especially against the Hawks.

Was a regular on his channel for a few weeks last summer.

Off Topic

Good to see everyone's chipping in early. Lotta good gear out there.

I doubt anyone's seen the Australian game of choice before, but it's absolute gold. No armour, contact from all angles, up to 100,000 in a crowd and a lot of seething hate make for a spectacle.

A nice collection of hits - both legal and non legal.

This is my favourite player, Barry Hall, and you can see in the first video what precipitated the second.

Followed emphatically by:

Last edited by Crazy⑧s; Jul 04, 2011 at 09:47.

Originally Posted by la2ny
    I counted 4 travels on Jordan in that video.

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    I counted 4 travels on Jordan in that video.
    In the words of Sir Charles Barkley "You gotta call that, I don't care if that is Michael Jordan"

To be truthful, I honestly think Karl Malone doesn't get the respect he's due because of not winning a title. Blame MJ again for that. This man played 20 seasons damn near w/ no injuries and was one of the most consistent all time players ever seen. His mid range game like most from the last generation was just impeccable. I still believe w/ all do respect to Tim Duncan, I think Karl Malone is the better player. Tim Duncan in alot of peoples eyes gets placed over Malone and Barkley simply because of titles, but in their primes, Karl and Chuck were just better players. Also people don't bring up the fact that even though Malone had some really good teams around him he never had the type of supporting cast Tim Duncan had(99-D.Robinson,Elliot,Ellie,Johnson,Kerr/03-D.Robinson,Bowen,Ginobli,Parker,Jackson,Smith,Kerr/05-Ginobli,Parker,Bowen,Horry,G.Robinson/07-Ginobli,Parker,Bowen,Finley). Anyways heres some Mailman,man I miss the 90's:

I dunno why, but I find this video hilarious.

This is a quality thread by Crazy8s.

Thanks to all the guys who posted vids

Last edited by MeloforMayor; Jul 04, 2011 at 21:10.

Veteran

Honestly the NBA on NBC theme was the best sports-related theme song ever. Every time you heard that it was like OH YEAH, ****'S GOING DOWN!

Good times.