Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kwame on the Knicks?

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    The problem with Jerome James wasn't getting him, it was giving him the full Mid-Level Exception.

Signing Jerome James for a year would've been a failed experiment and then we would've been done with his fatass. But no Isiah signed him to a long-term deal.

As long as we don't waste valuable cap space on anybody we sign, it's a low-risk move. No multi-year deals.
    Fair enough. I personally don't see the fascination in going after a player who's been known to not play with intensity & doesn't have good basketball instincts. I want a guy who's a blue collar type player, someone who I know will go out & compete every night & give forth a max effort. I'd much rather target Jeff Foster for example than someone like Kwame Brown. That's just me.

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    That's great lol.
    that video is brutal! his idiot face. lol.

Veteran

Originally Posted by STAT1
    Fair enough. I personally don't see the fascination in going after a player who's been known to not play with intensity & doesn't have good basketball instincts. I want a guy who's a blue collar type player, someone who I know will go out & compete every night & give forth a max effort. I'd much rather target Jeff Foster for example than someone like Kwame Brown. That's just me.
    I mean, if we could get Jeff Foster that'd be excellent. I'm just saying Kwame is an option we have because we really are THAT desperate for rebounding.

What if we got them both on one-year deals and had them each play 20-25 minutes a game? A capable coach could make it work. D'Antoni, on the other hand...

I mean, if we could get Jeff Foster that'd be excellent. I'm just saying Kwame is an option we have because we really are THAT desperate for rebounding.

What if we got them both on one-year deals and had them each play 20-25 minutes a game? A capable coach could make it work. D'Antoni, on the other hand...
    Both get those minutes? We have Turiaf.

Veteran

That would allow Turiaf to play in the PF position since he's more of a PF than a C, but I guess that works too.

Honestly, I think just getting a hustle style player like a Jeff Foster to go with Turiaf & Jorts at the C position would be enough depth at that position. All 3 of those guys will give a max effort whenever they're on the floor. We won't have to worry about 1 of them coasting the way we would if Kwame Brown were playing the position. After you sign up Foster all you would need is a capable 3/4 swing guy like a Shawne Williams to back up Melo & STAT. Those are the types of signings I think we should be making (since the obvious plan is that the Knicks will wait til 2012 to make the big splash). We should be steering clear of underachievers & guys that have a reputation of not hustling.

Veteran

Ideally, yes. At the every least, if we DO take a risk on a Kwame-type player, it needs to be a one-year deal and no more