Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Kwame Brown... Are we serious?!

Default Kwame Brown... Are we serious?!

I am genuinely starting to get confused and disillusioned with the state of affairs on this board and this organization when we are actually considering Kwame Brown as our free agent C signing for this year.

I'm not saying we should be looking at Tyson Chandler or Nene or someone out of our league, I'm saying honestly I would rather start our no. 45 pick or someone from the D-league than this guy.

I honestly believe Kwame Brown is the result of a lonely road night in the Knicks hotel where Eddy Curry and Jared Jeffries decided to get cozy. A legit 7 foot underachiever who cannot hit an open layup or dunk. His lack of hands or dribble mean he is a liability whenever he is thrown the ball. His ability to blow open dunks sucks the life out of the team. He shoots free throws worse than Dwight Howard. THIS GUY HAS NO TANGIBLE BASKETBALL SKILLS WHATSOEVER!!

Do we honestly think that his 5 rebounds per game or his 0.5 blocks per game are going to make a difference? Even the Gov was putting up better numbers than Kwame Brown whilst being in the doghouse and averaging 13 minutes per game in his first ever NBA season...

The beard of Zeus has spoken....

Like Steven A said, "nothing to think about" .... please don't get this scrub

If -and this is a big if- he can give us 15-20 minutes, clog the paint, be a presence and we get em very cheaply, I don't mind it.. I'd rather watch Kwame than the giraffe. Plus I have a feeling he might be able to get his shine on a bit playing next to STAT.

Has Kwame ever played alongside a big of STAT's caliber? Idts.. I have to think about that.

If smokes is right he sounds like another Jeffries.

I'm fine with our centers only being decent on offense and not looking much to score while being good defenders (Turiaf), but I'm not fine with our center bricking lay-ups and dunks.

Veteran

Seriously ALL WE NEED is for Kwame to block shots and grab rebounds. That's IT. Because he's athletic he can get the occasional layup and/or dunk but it's not really NECESSARY.

Good teams needs ROLEPLAYERS and Kwame can be a good one on a cheap contract.

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Seriously ALL WE NEED is for Kwame to block shots and grab rebounds. That's IT. Because he's athletic he can get the occasional layup and/or dunk but it's not really NECESSARY.

Actually it does matter... With a player like Kwame who is an offensive liability the opposition can throw doubles on Stat whenever they feel like it and if Kwame does end up with the ball they can just foul him and get away with giving up 1 or 0 points.

He blocks half a shot a game and barely more than 5 rebounds per game in 20+ minutes, he does not fill any need apart from that we have a gaping hole at that position right now. Anyone would be better than Kwame Brown.

No heart, no hustle. Have we not learned our lesson on this yet?

NOT IN NEW YORK!

Veteran

Fine.

Hate on Kwame Brown all you want.

You can have Jared Jeffries instead.

Fine.

Hate on Kwame Brown all you want.

You can have Jared Jeffries instead.
    Did I say I wanted Jeffries?

There's something missing in Kwame, no doubt. But I'll take him for his size and presence over JJ any day. I also feel strongly that his ability around the rim is head and shoulders above The Giraffe. Maybe MDA could instill some much needed confidence in the kid..

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    There's something missing in Kwame, no doubt. But I'll take him for his size and presence over JJ any day. I also feel strongly that his ability around the rim is head and shoulders above The Giraffe. Maybe MDA could instill some much needed confidence in the kid..
    By benching him?

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    By benching him?
    Lol...

Yeah my ANYBODY quote might be a bit too far, I wouldn't want JJ or Kwame to be honest but I really would prefer to take a chance on a project or have someone undersized with serious hustle/energy (is Kris Humphries a free agent?).

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    If -and this is a big if- he can give us 15-20 minutes, clog the paint, be a presence and we get em very cheaply, I don't mind it.. I'd rather watch Kwame than the giraffe. Plus I have a feeling he might be able to get his shine on a bit playing next to STAT.
    I don't know about shine? Probably a dull gleam. But you're right. All we need is 15-20 of physicality defensively. The rustic Jermaine O'neal proved how badly we need that in the 1st round.

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    If smokes is right he sounds like another Jeffries.
    Weight and strength differential here is almost immeasurable. Jefferies strongest body part is most likely his anus. Or his hair. Perhaps the hair on his anus.

I agree with that, but Brown has only ever shown any potency as a Laker. Phil Jackson was the guru of solidifying roles for individuals. D'Antoni's 'system' will not nurse someone of Brown's mediocrity: offence = merit. Even as a role player.

Originally Posted by smokes
    Actually it does matter... With a player like Kwame who is an offensive liability the opposition can throw doubles on Stat whenever they feel like it and if Kwame does end up with the ball they can just foul him and get away with giving up 1 or 0 points.

He blocks half a shot a game and barely more than 5 rebounds per game in 20+ minutes, he does not fill any need apart from that we have a gaping hole at that position right now. Anyone would be better than Kwame Brown.

No heart, no hustle. Have we not learned our lesson on this yet?
    All in all, I think you're being a little too harsh, but you're right: Kwame Brown is ****. Given our post trade cap situation however, what/who can we honestly pursue? We've become so desperate for a big, with what little wiggle room we have, (and now we roll the dice with the CBA) that someone of Brown's height and weight comes across as a saviour type addition. I think the pining for Jerome Jordan to come in is another example of just how deluded we've become about signing literally anyone as our center.

Regardless, this is the spot we're in. We need a center with experience to rest Ronny T every second night.

So the question isn't 'are we seriously considering the worst #1 pick of all time?', the question is 'who can we find that isn't a bumbling oaf'?

Answer: **** knows????????????????????????

Double post.

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    I don't know about shine? Probably a dull gleam. But you're right. All we need is 15-20 of physicality defensively. The rustic Jermaine O'neal proved how badly we need that in the 1st round.

Weight and strength differential here is almost immeasurable. Jefferies strongest body part is most likely his anus. Or his hair. Perhaps the hair on his anus.

I agree with that, but Brown has only ever shown any potency as a Laker. Phil Jackson was the guru of solidifying roles for individuals. D'Antoni's 'system' will not nurse someone of Brown's mediocrity: offence = merit. Even as a role player.

All in all, I think you're being a little too harsh, but you're right: Kwame Brown is ****. Given our post trade cap situation however, what/who can we honestly pursue? We've become so desperate for a big, with what little wiggle room we have, (and now we roll the dice with the CBA) that someone of Brown's height and weight comes across as a saviour type addition. I think the pining for Jerome Jordan to come in is another example of just how deluded we've become about signing literally anyone as our center.

Regardless, this is the spot we're in. We need a center with experience to rest Ronny T every second night.

So the question isn't 'are we seriously considering the worst #1 pick of all time?', the question is 'who can we find that isn't a bumbling oaf'?

Answer: **** knows????????????????????????
    Well you're right. People do convince themselves guys like even Jerome Jordan are gonna save us. Every team has a center, so guys like him and guys like Kwame, you can't expect anything significant. It also doesn't help when people are convincing themselves this because they want Chris Paul.

I'd honestly go with Chuck Hayes. Forget his height. The proof is in the pudding. It's not like we don't have Turiaf.

Sign him as our center next season (if there is), then the next move him to PF or whenever when we get other players.