Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Free Agency

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

I want Andrei Kirilenko first. He will change this team totally with his verstality and defense.

Stevenson, Battier, Chuck Hayes as our enforces...one of each I'll be fine with.

Arroyo or Barea as back ups. I don't like how Douglas runs the pick and roll, and Arroyo and Barea are professionals, at it, I prefer Barea because he'll automatically be the fastest guard on this team (we're not a fast footed team). No I'm not saying this because I'm Puerto Rican, as you guys know I know my **** on NBA players.

I say if we sign Kirilenko and trade for Paul, get Barea as a back up, we got a pretty explosive well rounded team (I'm being optimistic here.)

PG - Paul (38 mins)
    SG - Stevenson (28 mins)
    SF - Anthony (38 mins)
    PF - Kirilenko (30 mins)
    C - Stoudimire (36 mins)

Back up combo guard for Paul/Stevenson
    Barea (24 mins)

Back up SG/SF
    Walker (22 minutes)

Energy board crasher
    Balkman (18 mins)

Prospects
    Harrellson
    Rautins

See, the depth isn't that strong.

This is why if we get CHUCK HAYES, we'll be a solid all around team with the superstar offensive trio in Paul/Anthony/Stoudimire, along with role players that fit those superstars.

Veteran

Thumbs up HotDamn! K.O. Forum got the Top-1 Free-Agent analyzing Thread

Out of visiting dozens and dozens of different NBA forums (during Lockout)
    "Real NY Baller" put up the BEST Free Agency Thread.

As much as I like having Melo as a Knicks....it is hard for me to select
    3 decent FA that would co-exist as a team with a 36 minute "Melo" in
    the rotation.

The Knicks is a great winning team having "Amare & Billups" for the next
    two seasons with Billups tutoring our young guards into star-role players.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Out of visiting dozens and dozens of different NBA forums (during Lockout)
    "Real NY Baller" put up the BEST Free Agency Thread.

As much as I like having Melo as a Knicks....it is hard for me to select
    3 decent FA that would co-exist as a team with a 36 minute "Melo" in
    the rotation.

The Knicks is a great winning team having "Amare & Billups" for the next
    two seasons with Billups tutoring our young guards into star-role players.
    Just go leave, get the hell out I'm sick of all the Melo hate when he's hitting game winners and playing at an MVP level this year I dont wanna hear **** out of your mouth because all you do is bash Melo

Originally Posted by CA7
    Just go leave, get the hell out. I'm sick of all the Melo hate when he's hitting game winners and playing at an MVP level this year I dont wanna hear **** out of your mouth because all you do is bash Melo
    Just go leave, get the hell out I'm sick of all the Melo love when he's getting lazy every second game and playing just two big games last season. I don't wanna hear **** out of your mouth because all you do is praise Melo.

1:1

edit: you're taking it too personal, if you were looking for a CA fan board you're at the wrong address, this is a Knick fan board, where every Knick fan is welcome, doesn't matter he loves our current roster or not.
    Last edited by Lercher; Dec 03, 2011 at 19:55.

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    Just go leave, get the hell out I'm sick of all the Melo love when he's getting lazy every second game and playing just two big games last season. I don't wanna hear **** out of your mouth because all you do is praise Melo.

1:1

edit: you're taking it too personal, if you were looking for a CA fan board you're at the wrong address, this is a Knick fan board, where every Knick fan is welcome, doesn't matter he loves our current roster or not.
    I dont care who wants to focus on all the negatives, hasnt this team had enough negativity in the past 12 years move on be positive and good things will happen, god damn its hard to please New Yorkers

Originally Posted by CA7
    move on be positive and good things will happen
    Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.

Shane Battier would be a great pick up but he is on his way to the Miami Heat since Mike Miller is out for 8 weeks and is amnesty meat.

Veteran

Cool u need psyco help

Originally Posted by CA7
    Just go leave, get the hell out I'm sick of all the Melo hate when he's hitting game winners and playing at an MVP level this year I dont wanna hear **** out of your mouth because all you do is bash Melo

u need to be gone wid dat silly-boy crying back to Denver....Melo is
    o.k. if u like being a first round playoff team each season.
    I was excited at the improvement of SF-Gallo & SF-Chandler each season.
    If our bum headcoach had a clue on how to coach a center & SF we wouldnt
    have got involve in the Melo-trade. However I am happy like hell we got
    Big-Shot Chauncy Billups team-leadership/on the court coaching to develope
    a backcourt co-existence with TD, Fields, and rookie Shump in this 66 game season.

Veteran

Originally Posted by LivesInNewJersey
    Shane Battier would be a great pick up but he is on his way to the Miami Heat since Mike Miller is out for 8 weeks and is amnesty meat.
    Memphis would be crazy not to resign Battier on the 9th

Originally Posted by Kiyaman

u need to be gone wid dat silly-boy crying back to Denver....Melo is
    o.k. if u like being a first round playoff team each season.
    I was excited at the improvement of SF-Gallo & SF-Chandler each season.
    If our bum headcoach had a clue on how to coach a center & SF we wouldnt
    have got involve in the Melo-trade. However I am happy like hell we got
    Big-Shot Chauncy Billups team-leadership/on the court coaching to develope
    a backcourt co-existence with TD, Fields, and rookie Shump in this 66 game season.
    Last time I checked Gallo and Chandler never got the Knicks to the playoffs and I repeat tell me Gallo or Chandler could get 42, 17 and 6.......I'll wait

Dude, when will you realize that that was the only game CA played 100% and due to injuries of other major players he had no support? Why aren't you talking about G1 where your idol got just 15/4/4 scoring 27% of all his field goal attempts, causing 5 turnovers and adding 5 personal fouls? One swallow does not make a summer, even medicore players like Felton got their ups (23/10/11), but that's the main difference between role players and real stars, medicore guys get their ups just once or twice a season and stars are supposed to make big numbers on regular basis like Amare did scoring 30+ points in 9 consecutive games. Anthony simply wastes his potential counting on our role players that are forced to do extra work because our superstar is a lazy ass...

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    Dude, when will you realize that that was the only game CA played 100% and due to injuries of other major players he had no support? Why aren't you talking about G1 where your idol got just 15/4/4 scoring 27% of all his field goal attempts, causing 5 turnovers and adding 5 personal fouls? One swallow does not make a summer, even medicore players like Felton got their ups (23/10/11), but that's the main difference between role players and real stars, medicore guys get their ups just once or twice a season and stars are supposed to make big numbers on regular basis like Amare did scoring 30+ points in 9 consecutive games. Anthony simply wastes his potential counting on our role players that are forced to do extra work because our superstar is a lazy ass...
    At the end of the day you'd pick Chandler and Gallinari over Carmelo and CP3 so your dumb

I've already told you, I'd welcome Paul with open arms, so I have no idea why did you put him in the mix... maybe because CA is more off than on the court star and you need some solid arguments to convince certain users he's worth his millions? The difference is, when Carmelo is getting the spotlight in another talk-show Paul is sweating at the gym, when Carmelo is promoting another damn product he gets $$$ from Paul is running all over the city to stay in shape. And if you're naming users "dumb" or you don't want hear "**** out of their mouth" because they're not praising CA then you should better move there: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] or wait, there are also users criticizing Melo:

Jordan, been a month since La-melo Anthony arrived at the Garden. in that time the Nuggest have been on a roll. we are very grateful in Denver for all the talent that came our way and for the 'awakening' that our team has shown after 'the black hole' [not a racial term - but refers to something that goes into it and never comes back] departed. George Karl is now seen as the great coach that he has always been! and i read an article where La-melo is telling us that it will all be just fine. problem is La-melo is not willing to work hard - which is a pre-req for the D'antoni offense. he won't run and he won't play defense and he surely can not jump and finish at the rim. boy, did he sell himself well, huh? and please tell him not to come to see the Colorado Buffs when they play in the NIT next week.....we don't want to see his face anywhere near a program that Chauncy was a part of!
    Last edited by Lercher; Dec 05, 2011 at 08:55.

I understand ppl hating on players like Jefferies and Duhon, but I don't understand all the hate for arguably the best player on our team, perhaps the division and if things go well this year maybe even the entire league.

If Melo steps up his effort and defense this year I think he has MVP talent. If we make it to the playoffs in 3rd place and win a series, will the Melo-hate drop? Or is it too late for people here because they grew so attached to the draft picks we cultivated, played up and then shipped out like crates of banana's?

Originally Posted by p0nder
    I understand ppl hating on players like Jefferies and Duhon, but I don't understand all the hate for arguably the best player on our team, perhaps the division and if things go well this year maybe even the entire league.

If Melo steps up his effort and defense this year I think he has MVP talent.
    Too iffy for me. Also I do not see how he can fit into our offense. Also I cannot see him in a more defense-oriented programme. I can see him dominating a one-on-one tournament. However, I'd love to be proven wrong.