View Poll Results: Who's dunk was better vs. Miami?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Latrell Sprewell 2000

    3 42.86%
  • Amar'e Stoudemire 2011

    4 57.14%
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Who's dunk was better vs. Miami?

  1. #1
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    653
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Who's dunk was better vs. Miami?

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    What do you think?
    Last edited by Blumatic; Jul 13, 2011 at 21:15. Reason: fixed issue

  2. #2
    Veteran AmareForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Definately that Sprewell dunk.

  3. #3
    Veteran STAT1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,361
    Rep Power
    6

    Default


  4. #4
    Member jrdrny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    tampa
    Posts
    90
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    this one was WAY better
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    sorry STAT1 you beat me to it

  5. #5
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,969
    Rep Power
    14

    Default



    This one is obviously the best dunk in terms of the situation.

    My favorite one is Sprewell's. That's also my favorite Sprewell dunk.

  6. #6
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Spree.....that was the game Houston hit the game winner but what folks forget is that Spree had 20 in the first half to keep us in it and that dunk was a huge momentum shifter because Mia. had built a sizable lead in the first half and that capped off a run to get us back in it!


    Just a lil history lesson

  7. #7
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,969
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by New New York
    Spree.....that was the game Houston hit the game winner but what folks forget is that Spree had 20 in the first half to keep us in it and that dunk was a huge momentum shifter because Mia. had built a sizable lead in the first half and that capped off a run to get us back in it!


    Just a lil history lesson
    Haven't seen that game aside from clips since it was live. I have it on my Knicks Dynasty DVD I'm still gonna watch. Appreciate the lesson!

  8. #8
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,226
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    I remember the box scores etcfrom those games. Highest scorers around the 20 point mark. 80-70 final scores and stuff. Those were the days. I can understand why they want to have this fast paced game because it's obviously a lot more popular with the non-die hard fans, but anyone that watched basketball back in the 90's knows thats the way the game should be played!

  9. #9
    Veteran la2ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Compton,Ca
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by smokes
    I remember the box scores etcfrom those games. Highest scorers around the 20 point mark. 80-70 final scores and stuff. Those were the days. I can understand why they want to have this fast paced game because it's obviously a lot more popular with the non-die hard fans, but anyone that watched basketball back in the 90's knows thats the way the game should be played!
    WORD!!!!

    Also Ima have to go with the Spree dunk because of the situation even though STAT had a little more flair...Pat on Zo was one of the most memorable Knick "in yo face" jams ever.

  10. #10
    Member InGodsHands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    342
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by New New York
    Spree.....that was the game Houston hit the game winner but what folks forget is that Spree had 20 in the first half to keep us in it and that dunk was a huge momentum shifter because Mia. had built a sizable lead in the first half and that capped off a run to get us back in it!


    Just a lil history lesson

    wrong...that Sprewell dunk is from 2000 semis GAME 5 which we lost 87-81.

  11. #11
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,969
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by InGodsHands
    wrong...that Sprewell dunk is from 2000 semis GAME 5 which we lost 87-81.
    Ohhhh yeah. I knew it was in 2000, but didn't think of it.

  12. #12
    Member InGodsHands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    342
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Ohhhh yeah. I knew it was in 2000, but didn't think of it.
    I only have games 3 and 7 from that series I recently re-watched game 3 and it was 68-68 after 4 quarters lol. Anthony Carter hit a ridicolous runner to win the game in OT. Good old times...

  13. #13
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,969
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by InGodsHands
    I only have games 3 and 7 from that series I recently re-watched game 3 and it was 68-68 after 4 quarters lol. Anthony Carter hit a ridicolous runner to win the game in OT. Good old times...
    Classic series. I don't remember much from them other than than a few things from it. Game 7 I'll never forget. Chris Childs was heroic in the fourth quarter. Scored all of the points until Ewing got a put-back dunk.

    Sprewell throwing the ball up in the air. Man.

    The comeback Knicks really got my heart pumping.

  14. #14
    Veteran Sprewell-Houston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/Mount Vernon NY
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    My favourite Spree dunk is the one on Jaren Jackson in the 99 Finals. We looked like a beaten team after those first 2 games in San Antonio. We didn't have anybody to guard Duncan and Robinson with Big Pat out. Then Spree played his heart out in all 3 games in NY and made us proud. We lost, but we didn't get embarrassed by a much much better team, thanks to Spree and grandma Johnson, who played their hearts out and showed some great leadership and desire.

Similar Threads

  1. Miami Heat seeks center, eyes Samuel Dalembert
    By AmareForPresident in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Jun 15, 2011, 14:05
  2. Miami Success Puts Heat On Knicks
    By LJ4ptplay in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Jun 01, 2011, 20:22
  3. Miami @ New York 1/27/11
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 145
    Last Post: Jan 28, 2011, 16:16
  4. How the 3 Amigo's wound up in Miami
    By tiger0330 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jul 11, 2010, 07:04
  5. Newr York Knicks vs Miami Heat Game Thread 1/18
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: Jan 20, 2008, 11:24

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •