was Carmelo named captain of the team?

feetoe

Benchwarmer
if not, how come the Knicks didn't already appoint him captain? last time I looked at the roster, it didn't say that next to his name.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks new label of players:

Captain-Billups
Co-Captain-Amare
No defense selfish high scorer-Carmelo

If the poster of this thread knew anything about
Melo career in Denver the word captain & Melo equal first round exist.

nuckles2k2

Superstar

Captain-Billups
Co-Captain-Amare

Melo's Denver Nuggets have also never missed the playoffs...ever. From the season he was drafted to the season he was traded, the Nuggs found one of the 8 spots in the insanely competitive western conference. The same can't be said for Wade, LBJ, you can't even say the same for Kobe if you want to be accurate (2004-2005) but yet Carmelo Anthony has never missed the playoffs.

So in summary....shut up.

Captain-Billups
Co-Captain-Amare

Shut up dude, like serious; worst judgement ever.

What star in this league isnt labeled as being selfish through the media or in any rumor related circle...besides maybe dirk/tim duncan the list is insane

Lebron
Wade
Melo
Kobe
Durant ( Nonsense that he hates westbrook because he shoots too much)
Shaq

shall I go on ?

in order to get to star status you have to

A) take alot of shots duh!!

and

B) Be selfish and cocky enough to put the team on your back because you feel you have the best skills on the floor.

so Kiya if you want gallo, or chandler back go write a letter to the nuggets, stating you want some B level players back for a proven winner/allstar/olympic gold winner/best scorer in the game/26 year old superstar.

Fool.

Captain-Billups
Co-Captain-Amare

smh-1-2.jpg

petescud

Starter
Melo showed a lot og=f heart in last season's playoffs...I too was really surprised. After the series, although we lost, i gained a lot of respect for Melo. He didn't quit, and he knew he had to pick up Amar'e and Billups...Just too many injuries, wise we could had win against the Celtics with a little luck..

NYKLiFER

Benchwarmer
some will nva learn

Melo has taken HIS Notice the HIS is in high caps Team to the playoffs in every year he has been there ok granted they may have been one and done but, how is that his fault ? Did you not notice the moment a real PG (Billups) came in they advanced that was not in spite of him that was him getting the real help he needed Melo is what 25-26? came into the league at 19 what did you expect really it boggles me that because he finally got some sufficient help. (you know what im talking about in general) people want to say that it was all Billups doing Yea well Billups was not dropping all them buckets you know Melo can get his own whenever and on whoever.....

I take MELO over Gallo n Will Anyday and so would 99.9 percent of society. Well at least the ones who care.

Kiyaman

Legend
Ignorance is a BLISSS

Melo's Denver Nuggets have also never missed the playoffs...ever. From the season he was drafted to the season he was traded, the Nuggs found one of the 8 spots in the insanely competitive western conference. The same can't be said for Wade, LBJ, you can't even say the same for Kobe if you want to be accurate (2004-2005) but yet Carmelo Anthony has never missed the playoffs.

So in summary....shut up.

The conclusion of this conversation is.....

Carmelo's 8 year career in the NBA has lead his team to 7 first round knockouts.....Billups has a MVP Championship Ring, Amare took the Suns to 3 WCF, Wade has a MVP Championship Ring, Kobe has several MVP Championship Rings.

Insane is not knowing Carmelo had to ride on the back of Chauncy Billups to get pass the first-round of the playoffs to make it to the WCF.
Carmelo is now riding on the back of Billups & Amare to finally get to the FINALS.

Stop hyping-up a player to be something they are not...

Kiyaman

Legend
Shut up dude, like serious; worst judgement ever.

What star in this league isnt labeled as being selfish through the media or in any rumor related circle...besides maybe dirk/tim duncan the list is insane

Lebron
Wade
Melo
Kobe
Durant ( Nonsense that he hates westbrook because he shoots too much)
Shaq

shall I go on ?

in order to get to star status you have to

A) take alot of shots duh!!

and

B) Be selfish and cocky enough to put the team on your back because you feel you have the best skills on the floor.

so Kiya if you want gallo, or chandler back go write a letter to the nuggets, stating you want some B level players back for a proven winner/allstar/olympic gold winner/best scorer in the game/26 year old superstar.

Fool.

u make no-sense......whats the point?
u have players that are scorers, and u have players that are scoring-winners like "Magic, Bird, Jordan, Duncan, Kobe, Pierce, KG, and Wade".
u need to learn the difference

nuckles2k2

Superstar
The conclusion of this conversation is.....

Carmelo's 8 year career in the NBA has lead his team to 7 first round knockouts.....Billups has a MVP Championship Ring, Amare took the Suns to 3 WCF, Wade has a MVP Championship Ring, Kobe has several MVP Championship Rings.

Insane is not knowing Carmelo had to ride on the back of Chauncy Billups to get pass the first-round of the playoffs to make it to the WCF.
Carmelo is now riding on the back of Billups & Amare to finally get to the FINALS.

Stop hyping-up a player to be something they are not...

Riddle me this...besides get seasonal accolades...what did Michael Jordan accomplish before 1991 when he was 28 years old and had the help of Scottie?

What has Kobe accomplished without a consistent, dominant big man? You know what happened when Shaq left, and you also saw what happened to the Lakers in the playoffs when Pau contributed nothing (2008 and 2011.)

Being a Finals MVP means you put up the numbers....that's it. Parker won Finals MVP in 2007 because out of the three amigos of Duncan, Ginobli, and Parker...Tony got the most free reign because all of the attention was on the other two. So he got the stats, and got the Finals MVP....but I think we all realize his game benefits from having a legit low post scorer and an elite wing on his 5 man squad.

You're acting like everyone you just listed accomplished all of those things by themselves....just because they're personal awards/accolades doesn't mean that they weren't attained due to the assistance of teammates.

Dude....

------------------------ <-------everyone else's level

-------- <------- your level.

Do something about that, then get back to us.

Riddle me this...besides get seasonal accolades...what did Michael Jordan accomplish before 1991 when he was 28 years old and had the help of Scottie?

What has Kobe accomplished without a consistent, dominant big man? You know what happened when Shaq left, and you also saw what happened to the Lakers in the playoffs when Pau contributed nothing (2008 and 2011.)

Being a Finals MVP means you put up the numbers....that's it. Parker won Finals MVP in 2007 because out of the three amigos of Duncan, Ginobli, and Parker...Tony got the most free reign because all of the attention was on the other two. So he got the stats, and got the Finals MVP....but I think we all realize his game benefits from having a legit low post scorer and an elite wing on his 5 man squad.

You're acting like everyone you just listed accomplished all of those things by themselves....just because they're personal awards/accolades doesn't mean that they weren't attained due to the assistance of teammates.

Dude....

------------------------ <-------everyone else's level

-------- <------- your level.

Do something about that, then get back to us.
5 star post! I would give you a +rep but it says that I have already gave you one before.