Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 22 of 22

Thread: Kobe says he's passing the torch to Melo

  1. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by STAT1
    That's so far from the truth. If you've ever been to Korea you'll see kids playing basketball at every playground. Soccer is still the most popular sport there, then baseball, but don't think just because it's Korea that they don't know much about the NBA, or basketball in general. The NFL, now that's a different story.
    Truth.

    Asians love basketball and baseball. I'm from Taiwan, and they love the Yankees (mostly because of Chien-Ming Wang). Basketball is second - Kobe is probably the second most popular athlete in the country...

  2. #17
    Superstar MSGhobo247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    MSG
    Posts
    794
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Herb Williams will turn Melo into a beast on D...





    Now I do believe he has the potential but it all starts with Melo. He has to have the hunger and take a note from Gallo and ask to guard the best player of the other squad.
    Last edited by MSGhobo247; Jul 16, 2011 at 14:12.

  3. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    We know that he CAN. Carmelo can lock down LeBron if he wants to...he just has to make that conscious choice.

  4. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    182
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGhobo247
    Herb Williams will turn Melo into a beast on D...





    Now I do believe he has the potential but it all starts with Melo. He has to have the hunger and take a note from Gallo and ask to guard the best player of the other squad.
    He usually does guard the opposing forward which is his job, the constant switching is what hurt the Knicks defense as a whole.

    The part of Gallo guarding the opponents best player is highly subjective, because he may have asked for it, but he didn't do it as much as folks make it seem.

  5. #20
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Not to mention the Knicks as a whole just seem to lose their man a lot. Our pick and roll defense is also terrible.

    Work on those two things and the Knicks will be a decent team defensively.

  6. #21
    Veteran STAT1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,361
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Not to mention the Knicks as a whole just seem to lose their man a lot. Our pick and roll defense is also terrible.

    Work on those two things and the Knicks will be a decent team defensively.
    First we need a coach who knows how to coach defense.

  7. #22
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by STAT1
    First we need a coach who knows how to coach defense.
    Agreed. Or at the very least, a defensive assistant.

Similar Threads

  1. Carmelo AndNoD is a Fraud.
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 158
    Last Post: Dec 28, 2010, 20:06
  2. Replies: 45
    Last Post: Dec 14, 2010, 10:19
  3. Kobe talks to Melo and says...............
    By Blumatic in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Sep 29, 2010, 15:48
  4. Replies: 76
    Last Post: Aug 14, 2010, 13:00
  5. We MUST GET KOBE!!! ISIAH HELP!!!!
    By umynot in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Nov 04, 2007, 15:52

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •