Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: CENTER -vs- CP3 redux:

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Trying to kick my cane while I'm down are ya
    Lolz..............

Veteran

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    SSSJ.. your a good poster and I like what you bring to the forum, but I trust bball reference more than I trust you.

First you said he was 7'2'' now he's 7'. Which is it brah?

He's 6'11'' dude. Pau I think is over 7' and he looks it. He definitely looks taller than KG.

The following is from Wikipedia:

Although Garnett is officially listed as 6 ft 11 in (2.11 m) by the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], he is widely accepted as at least seven feet tall.[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ] During the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], Garnett admitted in an interview with [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] to be "6 ft 11 in and some quarters" (2.12 m) tall.[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Measurements from the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] show the 19 year-old Garnett measured 6 ft 11 in (2.11 m) tall barefoot;[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] any growth since then would make him at least 7 ft 0 in (2.13 m). In 1997, Garnett was measured by [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] training staff as 7 ft 1 in (2.16 m) tall in his basketball shoes.[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    The following is from Wikipedia:
    Okay. Ty. Not sure how much I trust wiki either tho. Any yahoo can add nonsense to the wik. You could've put that there..

If we are going to spend max money then I want D12.

D12>CP3.

If not, I'm trading Billups or whoever, for some size and depth. As much as we can get incuding picks if possible.

What centers are available fo the MLE? If a viable one can be had for that, then fine, I'll take it.

And if it's true CP3 wants us so bad then he should be more than willing to wait things out and take less.

The odds of trading for him seem minimal.

The more I'm thinking the more I like it... D12 will only have one team with 2 stars and cap room for him in 2012, the Knicks (I think)

Any other team with cap room and 2 stars like us? Let me know. If not then that our selling point- D12 we got 2 stars and room for you- let's go win this chip (with the best frnt court in the game and a B tier or yung Shump PG)

Sounds better than CP3 to me.

Originally Posted by Red

D12>CP3.

If not, I'm trading Billups or whoever, for some size and depth. As much as we can get incuding picks if possible.

What centers are available fo the MLE? If a viable one can be had for that, then fine, I'll take it.

And if it's true CP3 wants us so bad then he should be more than willing to wait things out and take less.

The more I'm thinking the more I like it... D12 will only have one team with 2 stars and cap room for him in 2012, the Knicks (I think)

Any other team with cap room and 2 stars like us? Let me know. If not then that our selling point- D12 we got 2 stars and room for you- let's go win this chip (with the best frnt court in the game and a B tier or yung Shump PG)

Agreed. If D12 is attainable you HAVE to pick him up. CP3 is great but D12 is great and 7+ feet! That can't be taught and that type of size and athleticism is extremely rare. We would have the best front court in the history of the NBA if we signed him.

Originally Posted by Red

D12>CP3.

Bingo.

I mean....I've been saying this ad nauseum literally for the past few weeks. There's only one team with 2 legit stars and the cap room to sign a third, it's going to be a fight to see who occupies that last spot since there are three candidates.

Which is why one of them might take the extension (that they undoubtedly will be offered) and say "I'm only willing to sign this for [insert team] so if you want to get something for me I suggest you trade me there, or I'll walk."
    It has nothing to do with a tantrum, it's a strategic move in a business.

The question then becomes, can we swing a deal that we like....because at this point, it doesn't matter if the other team likes the deal or not...if they say no, then the superstar walks. And this is not the Melo situation because there will be no threat of less money under a new CBA, because all of this will take place under an already ratified and installed CBA. This will all go down behind closed doors, there will be "leaked stories," David Aldridge's Kermit the Frog looking ass will get on TNT and "report" what his "sources" told him. Chuck Taylor: Will be on ESPN angry-talking about what his sources told him, and how little a chance the Knicks have.

Then a 3-team trade will go down, or we'll sign one of those three dudes next summer. We already know how this story ends but people seem to be fighting it for some reason.

Default wishful thinking

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    Bingo.

I mean....I've been saying this ad hinauseum literally for the past few weeks. There's only one team with 2 legit stars and the cap room to sign a third, it's going to be a fight to see who occupies that last spot since there are three candidates.

Which is why one of them might take the extension (that they undoubtedly will be offered) and say "I'm only willing to sign this for [insert team] so if you want to get something for me I suggest you trade me there, or I'll walk."
    It has nothing to do with a tantrum, it's a strategic move in a business.

The question then becomes, can we swing a deal that we like....because at this point, it doesn't matter if the other team likes the deal or not...if they say no, then the superstar walks. And this is not the Melo situation because there will be no threat of less money under a new CBA, because all of this will take place under an already ratified and installed CBA. This will all go down behind closed doors, there will be "leaked stories," David Aldridge's Kermit the Frog looking ass will get on TNT and "report" what his "sources" told him. Chuck Taylor: Will be on ESPN angry-talking about what his sources told him, and how little a chance the Knicks have.

Then a 3-team trade will go down, or we'll sign one of those three dudes next summer. We already know how this story ends but people seem to be fighting it for some reason.
    I'll take D12 first if not
    We leverage DWilliams or CP3 doesn't matter between them two

Originally Posted by Red
    I'll take D12 first if not
    We leverage DWilliams or CP3 doesn't matter between them two
    I agree 100%.

Veteran

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Okay. Ty. Not sure how much I trust wiki either tho. Any yahoo can add nonsense to the wik. You could've put that there..
    The article and the points are cited so...

The article and the points are cited so...
    I was only kidding dude..

And I agree ofcourse that if D12 is able to be acquired you take him before CP3. That's... a no brainer.

Veteran

No doubt. I fear if D12 signs with the Lakers we're screwed. I also agree that you easily take D12 over CP3.

No doubt. I fear if D12 signs with the Lakers we're screwed. I also agree that you easily take D12 over CP3.
    We'd be far from "screwed" even if they get him and we get a max player (at that point we might, depending on what the rest of the Lakers roster is, have to get a max player or Nash). The crazy thing is, Howard on the Lakers doesn't make my point any less that we should spend money on other players instead of a max PG. Pau and Bynum along with Kobe, Odom, etc. is a tough enough challenge for us. MAYBE a max PG would be good enough to beat them on a great day for them, but, I don't want to take that chance.

We might be able to win a championship with a max PG. The thing is I want to be ready for any match-up.

You guys do realize that outside of D12, the center position is really average?

But a quality pg on your team, in the game now, is a necessity?

Veteran

The fact that the center position is average outside of D12 is all the more reason to get D12.

D12 can dominate any center in the entire league. He can anchor your interior like nobody else and changes the entire game completely.

Tons of teams have won championships without great PGs (the Lakers over the past 10 years, the Mavericks last year, etc.)

Point being if we sign D12 we could still get Steve Nash on the veteran's minimum contract which is far better than going after an all-star PG alone. Like I said, a Nash-???-Carmelo-Amar'e-D12 team would be the greatest team in the history of basketball.

thats not even an argument. no one in their right might would say no to D12. the debate is about CP3 vs a center not named Dwight Howard. my stance has always been that im for a 3rd max. im elated with any one we get out of CP3, D12 or Derron Williams

The fact that the center position is average outside of D12 is all the more reason to get D12.

D12 can dominate any center in the entire league. He can anchor your interior like nobody else and changes the entire game completely.

Tons of teams have won championships without great PGs (the Lakers over the past 10 years, the Mavericks last year, etc.)

Point being if we sign D12 we could still get Steve Nash on the veteran's minimum contract which is far better than going after an all-star PG alone. Like I said, a Nash-???-Carmelo-Amar'e-D12 team would be the greatest team in the history of basketball.