Knicks vs Celts Christmas Day

kylepicklehead

Benchwarmer
Report: Knicks will host Celtics on Christmas Day

Glen+Davis+Boston+Celtics+v+New+York+Knicks+llNjvHE9-Pkl.jpg

Yes, yes, we know: If there’s a season. But since the league is pretending like there will be a season by releasing the 2011-12 schedule on Tuesday, as details of the marquee games continue to leak out, we’ll keep bringing them right to you.
We’ve already told you that the main event on Christmas day will be a Finals rematch between the Mavericks and the Heat. Now comes word of another of the holiday’s scheduled games, via Barbara Barker of Newsday (on Twitter):
Knicks to host the Celtics on Xmas day, league source tells me. Provided, of course, there is a season.
If all of these reports are true (and really, we have no reason to believe otherwise), then that leaves the Lakers, who traditionally play (and often get crushed) on Christmas day, without an obvious opponent considering the Heat and the Celtics are already matched up elsewhere.
Since the league typically uses Christmas as an opportunity to showcase its biggest markets, brightest stars, and top teams, you’re probably looking at some combination of L.A., Oklahoma City, Chicago, and Orlando being involved, along with a couple of upstarts to round out the schedule.
We won’t have to wait much longer for the official announcement, which will come at 2 p.m. Eastern on Tuesday. Exactly when we’ll get the more important announcement — you know, the one that tells us whether or not there will actually be a season — is unfortunately anyone’s guess.

Sage

Rotation player
Sounds great! If there is a season. I had planned to come to NY for the holiday period, would have loved to have caught this game.

I've had to post-pone to April though. Hoping there's Knicks games to watch when I get there.

Sage

Rotation player
They should hang this up in the Knicks locker room.

Bostons-Paul-Pierce-takes-a-bow.jpg

Never again should this be allowed to happen.

...and then this one just for fun.
Screen-shot-2010-12-15-at-10_12_17-PM-220x160.png