Barkley in serious trouble

rady

Administrator
Staff member

Former NBA superstar Charles Barkley is under investigation by Philadelphia police after a woman complained that he deliberately fondled her breast early Friday in an Old City nightspot, police said.

"We did receive a complaint accusing Charles Barkley of possibly being involved in an indecent assault incident at club 32 Degrees," said police Inspector William Colarulo this afternoon. "The incident is being investigated by Philadelphia police, but I just want to stress that he is not being charged with any crime at this point, that the incident is still under investigation."

Attempts to reach Barkley this afternoon were unsuccessful.

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/news/breaking_news/9538465.htm?1c

JJtheKnick

Starter
im sick of this all this. all this people going after the rich. this is probably like the kobe case because you know that girl only wants kobes money and the same with this one. she probably let Barkley feel her up and she says wow now i can make moeny!!!! I HATE IT.

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
he didnt rape anyone. I think it was consensual, but i cant lie the thought did cross my mind that the reason the girl didnt want to testify wasnt because it was consensual maybe she wanted to salvage her families name and security.

newmove

Rotation player
It's fake. I don't believe that bullshit about Barkley. He ain't that type of a person. Kobe, yes, he is guilty but not sir Charles.

JJtheKnick

Starter
Charles probably passed by this girl and touched her breast. adn then she says who i can make money off this. i cant stand any of this

jsm0331

Benchwarmer
Charges against Barkley have been dropped.
Sportsline: The woman who accused Charles Barkley of groping her at a nightclub withdrew her police complaint.

"It's a noncase. It's over with," her lawyer, A. Charles Peruto Jr., said Thursday, adding "everyone is under agreement that this was just a big misunderstanding."

The woman had told police the former NBA star inappropriately touched her breast last week in a crowded nightclub. Police were investigating and the woman hired Peruto, but then she had second thoughts about pursuing the matter. Philadelphia police would not comment on the case.

On Wednesday, Peruto said she was willing to drop any complaints, civil or criminal, as long as Barkley apologized. Peruto declined to say Thursday whether that happened, but said both sides were satisfied the issue was resolved. No money changed hands, he said.

"She's had time to reflect, and we just want to close this chapter," he said, adding he believed Barkley didn't intend to treat the woman disrespectfully. "I've known him for 20 years, and to be honest with you, I've always found him to be an honorable guy."