Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Rank your current top 10 point guards.

I'll take Billups over Rondo any day of the week.

top 10 now:
    1.Chris Paul
    2.Deron Williams
    3.Steve Nash
    4.Derrick Rose
    5.Rajon Rondo
    6.Jason Kidd
    7.Russell Westbrook
    8.Chauncey Billups
    9.John Wall
    10.Andre Miller

All time:
    1.Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
    2.Oscar 'Big O' Robertson
    3.Isiah 'Zeke' Thomas
    4.John Stockton
    5.Jason Kidd
    6.Steve Nash
    7.Gary 'The Glove' Payton
    8.Walt 'Clyde' Frazier
    9.Nate 'Tiny' Archibald
    10.Mark 'Action' Jackson

Current:

CP3
    D Rose
    D Williams
    Westbrook
    Rondo
    Nash
    Wall

All Time/those past their prime.

Magic
    Stockton
    Kidd
    Nash

I don't really consider Zeke a prototypical PG. Too hungry. Joe Dumars' numbers would be talked about more if Thomas was truly pass first. That, and he (Isiah) is a dog poo.

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Nash lead the Suns to 40 wins without Amar'e last season. Rondo isn't in the same league as him. Nor is he close to Paul and Deron Williams.

I'll take Billups over Rondo any day of the week.
    Wow. Come on dude.. You can't say you'd take Billups over Rondo. That's nonsensical.
    Last edited by ronoranina; Jul 28, 2011 at 13:58.

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Wow. Come on dude.. You can't say you'd take Billups over Rondo. That's nonsensical.
    Why? Billups spreads the floor for our superstars, also has had a better career. Rondo is a liability. People forget what Billups was doing before he got injured in Orlando.

And people talk like Rondo's career has been better than Nash's, despite Nash being somewhat in his prime. Does anyone honestly believe Rondo could have lead the Suns to 40 wins?

Why? Billups spreads the floor for our superstars, also has had a better career. Rondo is a liability. People forget what Billups was doing before he got injured in Orlando.

And people talk like Rondo's career has been better than Nash's, despite Nash being somewhat in his prime. Does anyone honestly believe Rondo could have lead the Suns to 40 wins?
    Don't see any reason why not. He's one of the best PGs in the league and that's a FACT.

Billups doesn't spread the floor at all.

Actually he puts his team in a defensive liability by launching all those ill-advised walk up threes.

Plus his defense at his position is deplorable now.

As far a the Nash and Rondo comparison.

Rondo is better than Nash now, but Nash is still pretty good in his age.

They both setup team mates well, but Rondo plays defense, while Nash can still hit an open jumper.

I take defense from my point any day of the week.

Originally Posted by knickscity
    Billups doesn't spread the floor at all.

Actually he puts his team in a defensive liability by launching all those ill-advised walk up threes.

Plus his defense at his position is deplorable now.

As far a the Nash and Rondo comparison.

Rondo is better than Nash now, but Nash is still pretty good in his age.

They both setup team mates well, but Rondo plays defense, while Nash can still hit an open jumper.

I take defense from my point any day of the week.
    Well I didn't like the threes Billups was taking after the injury. He should have been pass first.

Actually I do understand why people would like Rondo more than Billups on our team. I'd take a healthy Billups over Rondo. He spreads the floor with his threes when he's healthy enough to mix it up.

Nash isn't as good at defense as Rondo, and Rondo is a good passer, so I understand where you're coming from kinda. Nash is still far better imo. Give me Nash and a good defensive coach, get some defensive players, and opponents would be in misery.

Originally Posted by TakMan
    This has nothing to do with an attempt to provoke a reaction from Trillion does it?

I like Billups but he aint top 10.

Nash has to be number 1 for me. Best PG to watch on the floor still. Best pass in the league and can elevate his team when needed far more consistently than any other PG mentioned.
    Nope.

Besides Rondo & Kidd, who lead their team to a championship, who else can say that in the "top ten"?

Not:
    Paul, Williams, Nash, Miller, Rose, Westbrook, or Wall.

We can argue all we want especially when we specify; pass 1st or best passer assist/to ratio, shooter, most athletic, etc...

But I'll take the battle-tested, proven WINNER ala Derek Jeter. Not the "best" in any category but is proven to get it done...

With ego driven, older teammates none the less.

Yup ima take Billups, and really I can only complain about his large contract. And if we're talking Rondo his playoff #'s include 14pts, 9+ast, and 5+reb

With a championship under his belt early, you can't really beat that nor expect more (and he has room for improvement). And if I'm right he lead the league in steals.

His #'s from game 7 in the Finals were:
    21pts, 8ast, 7reb, and 6steals.

But yeah give me the battle-tested vet who makes the right decisions and commands respect.

Billups & Rondo are proven. All this hype about Paul and Rose etc... is just that until I see them perform under the biggest spot lights.

Yeah I'll take Billups or Rondo

Originally Posted by Red
    Nope.

Besides Rondo & Kidd, who lead their team to a championship, who else can say that in the "top ten"?

Not:
    Paul, Williams, Nash, Miller, Rose, Westbrook, or Wall.

We can argue all we want especially when we specify; pass 1st or best passer assist/to ratio, shooter, most athletic, etc...

But I'll take the battle-tested, proven WINNER ala Derek Jeter. Not the "best" in any category but is proven to get it done...

With ego driven, older teammates none the less.

Yup ima take Billups, and really I can only complain about his large contract. And if we're talking Rondo his playoff #'s include 14pts, 9+ast, and 5+reb

With a championship under his belt early, you can't really beat that nor expect more (and he has room for improvement). And if I'm right he lead the league in steals.

His #'s from game 7 in the Finals were:
    21pts, 8ast, 7reb, and 6steals.

But yeah give me the battle-tested vet who makes the right decisions and commands respect.

Billups & Rondo are proven. All this hype about Paul and Rose etc... is just that until I see them perform under the biggest spot lights.

Yeah I'll take Billups or Rondo
    I don't agree with the champion theory. It depends on who your teammates are too. Jason Kidd didn't win a championship 'till he was 38. I agree in the sense that, these players delivered when they were on the biggest stage, but don't be surprised about your confidence when you have a team to be confident in. Well, every player should be confident in their team, you get my point. And you're job is obviously gonna be less hard with great players around you.

Billups is far removed from his championship year.