Thread: did any body.....

Default did any body.....

read the wat allan houston said...wat he said is true...young ppl around 12 and 16 years old think of handling the ball more than of scoring off a jumpshot....houston gained more respect after that interview

I dunno, growing up I always loved to shoot, and I still do, my love for dribbling was never there

i play ball alot and i am a very good shooter but the way i handle the ball is not great. and i love to shoot thats the main part of the game

Superstar

When I was 13-14 years old my ball handling skills were not very good so I was trying to create myself an opening jumpshot. Then I gained techniques of the j-shot. And now I'm 20 and my ballhandling is near perfect (read HotSauce) but my jumpshot remains very good (I shoot around 65-70% from the field).

I think he is right on...more and more kids are practicing to be on an ANDONE tape than on a varsity team

yea but what are you going to do kids are like that these days. kids should go to the park and play ball but these days there is so much more about it.

Superstar

Well it's the reality of today. I haven't had those AND1 tapes when I was 14 so it never had it's impact on me. But since 16 I've got addicted in AND1 and now I'm realesing my own tape this autumn.

I see a lot of kids just trying to be like HotSauce, MainEvent, Headache even that punk professor. They are kids' idols. Like we grew up watching Michael. Everybody wanted to be like him and practiced their fadeaway jumpers, all those reverses and togue-waving jumps.

It's totally OK. I'd even say it's great cuz kids gain some ballhandling techniques which'll help 'em to develop as an all-around players.

lol, you dont like the professor? and yeah, ive lost all confidence with my shot so i always think pass 1st and would much rather make a great pass than a great shot, dunno why, lol, l8r

Superstar

I don't like him cuz he ain't that good to be on the squad. He plays only cuz he's white, IMHO. There are hundreds of more tallented guys.

Allen was right- kids are trying to embarrass you with deceptive dribbling skills but its not innovating it's copying.They are copying guys who can't shoot!! HAHAHA I love it because I can score from anywhere on the court but they can't.They can do the moves we've all seen on the AND1MIXTAPES-but thats like telling a joke we all know the punchline to.TEAM USA showed us what happens when you don't work on the fundamental aspects of your game,throwup a brick after a good crossover.This is just a phase but it's bringing the fundamental game down.Fun to watch as a spectator,just doesn't win games for you.

Superstar

I can't agree with you more. It's so true! Fundaments are everything. And the D too. You may be cold on shooting but the D is a constant thing.

That's why I love watching Ray Allen play.

Exactly! Dribbling the ball is just one aspect of this great game. If you focus soley on one aspect, the others become your weakness. Shooting is becoming less focused on. To be a great player, one must obtain a high level in all aspects of basketball.

we should all get together a play a big game or something??