Pierce
    Gay
    Odom
    Granger
    Caron Butler
    Marion
    Wallace

Gallo comes next @ 11

Alot of y'all forgot about a few heads..
    I dunno how I feel about Odom being on that list. It looks so out of place, but the same time, you can't argue against it. But I dunno, I think since he's officially listed as a PF, I'd take him outta there and slide Gallo or Batum in at 10.

I think my list would be:

James
    Melo
    Durant
    Gay
    Pierce
    Granger
    Caron
    Marion
    Wallace
    Gallo/Batum (can't choose between the two)

This may sound crazy but.. Durant = James....
    Both at 1. Then Melo comes in at 3

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    I dunno how I feel about Odom being on that list. It looks so out of place, but the same time, you can't argue against it. But I dunno, I think since he's officially listed as a PF, I'd take him outta there and slide Gallo or Batum in at 10.

James
    Melo
    Durant
    Gay
    Pierce
    Granger
    Caron
    Marion
    Wallace
    I hear that.. It's just when I think of Odom's skill-set, even tho he's 6'10'' and become very good at cleaning the glass, he just seems to me to be a small forward. He has the handle, passing ability, range of small forward. He's became more of meat and potatoes kinda player later in his career.

He's like Magic. In that he's 6'10'' but isn't really a natural PF because of his uncharacteristic skill level. Same goes for Gallo.

Veteran

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2

James
    Melo
    Durant
    Gay
    Pierce
    Granger
    Caron
    Marion
    Wallace

From HS to the NBA Odom has always been a Natural-SF.
    It is the same as Wilson Chandler being a Natural-SF.
    Do to Bynum being injury-prone throughout his NBA career
    PF-Gasol had to start manning the center-spot, and SF-Odom
    had to start manning the PF-spot.
    As great as Trevor Ariza performance were on the Lakers it was
    understandable on the trade between Ariza for Ron Artest who
    is able to defend SG/SF/and the PF spots. But Artest is a natural-SF.

In the past decade Pierce has been one of the top-3 unstoppable
    scorers in the 4th quarter. This is why I put Pierce above all players
    except the elite super-stars like Lebron/ Kobe/ Duncan/ and Wade,
    b/c these players under-pressure make stops and score in crunchtime.

Odom isn't a SF at all. He has barely played the 3 for the Lakers, this season he only started at the 3 in Game 3 of the playoffs because Artest was suspended and the Lakers were desperate. Phil Jackson even said it this year, if I can find the quote. It basically said, "We may try Lamar there, but he hasn't played the 3 for us before."

So Odom should NOT be considered a SF since he plays PF about 99% of the time. He is a PF and usually subs in for either Bynum or Gasol and plays PF then. This season a Bynum/Gasol/Odom lineup only played together 2 minutes and 19 seconds before that playoff game.

Here's one quote: "I haven't played small forward in a couple years now, but it makes no difference, you know what I mean? It's not like [the Mavericks] play a lot of isolation ball with their small forward anyway, or anything like that. So defensively, I won't be on an island or anything like that."- Lamar Odom

82games.com SF usage stats for Odom the last few years: 0% (Which means he played SF, but for a very very short stretch, his other minutes were 65% at PF and 1% at center), 3% with the other 61% at PF, 0% again, 57% at PF, 4% with 66% at PF and 3% at center.

So based on all this, he is a PF. He hasn't played significant minutes at SF since 05-06 where he played 34% of his minutes at SF, and 44% of his minutes at PF. Also the %'s are based off of ALL the minutes you can possibly play (48 MPG), so basically he played 34% of total minutes at SF, and and 44% at PF with the other 22% being on the bench resting.
    Last edited by NYKnicks11; Jul 24, 2011 at 14:28.

Originally Posted by NYKnicks11
    Odom isn't a SF at all. He has barely played the 3 for the Lakers, this season he only started at the 3 in Game 3 of the playoffs because Artest was suspended and the Lakers were desperate. Phil Jackson even said it this year, if I can find the quote. It basically said, "We may try Lamar there, but he hasn't played the 3 for us before."

So Odom should NOT be considered a SF since he plays PF about 99% of the time. He is a PF and usually subs in for either Bynum or Gasol and plays PF then. This season a Bynum/Gasol/Odom lineup only played together 2 minutes and 19 seconds before that playoff game.

Here's one quote: "I haven't played small forward in a couple years now, but it makes no difference, you know what I mean? It's not like [the Mavericks] play a lot of isolation ball with their small forward anyway, or anything like that. So defensively, I won't be on an island or anything like that."- Lamar Odom

82games.com SF usage stats for Odom the last few years: 0% (Which means he played SF, but for a very very short stretch, his other minutes were 65% at PF and 1% at center), 3% with the other 61% at PF, 0% again, 57% at PF, 4% with 66% at PF and 3% at center.

So based on all this, he is a PF. He hasn't played significant minutes at SF since 05-06 where he played 34% of his minutes at SF, and 44% of his minutes at PF. Also the %'s are based off of ALL the minutes you can possibly play (48 MPG), so basically he played 34% of total minutes at SF, and and 44% at PF with the other 22% being on the bench resting.
    We know he's doesn't play the SF now. Some of us still think of him that way based on what he can do tho. That's all.

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    We know he's doesn't play the SF now. Some of us still think of him that way based on what he can do tho. That's all.
    Ok but you shouldn't even put him on these lists then. Just because I think LeBron can play PG doesn't mean I should rank him on a "top 10 PG" list. Or if I think Rose or Westbrook would be top 10 SGs, etc.

Originally Posted by NYKnicks11
    Ok but you shouldn't even put him on these lists then. Just because I think LeBron can play PG doesn't mean I should rank him on a "top 10 PG" list. Or if I think Rose or Westbrook would be top 10 SGs, etc.
    I hear you, but he really used to play the SF position quite a bit... and is more than capable of playing it again. I'll always think of him as a SF so that's why I put him on the list.

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    I hear you, but he really used to play the SF position quite a bit... and is more than capable of playing it again. I'll always think of him as a SF so that's why I put him on the list.
    He used to, key word is used to. And Lakers lineups with him at the 3 the last 4 years have been very very bad most of the time. So maybe he can still play the 3, but the Lakers have decided to use him as their backup 4 off the bench.