Top 5 teams next year

Kiyaman

Legend
I strongly disagree with you on Miller/Felton.

Miller may be a smarter playmaker, but that advantage is dulled more and more by his age and slowing body. Felton is no slouch as a distributor, and has the firepower to contribute on offense himself. Getting Felton was a HUGE coup for the Trailblazers.

The only good thing Felton got going for him on the Blazers is ex-teammate Gelrald Wallace,
plus Felton picked up a few moves with
C/F-Amare to coordinate with C/F-Aldridge.
If Roy is healthy to give the Blazers a better season than lastseason,
Felton's talent will look good.

The only good thing Felton got going for him on the Blazers is ex-teammate Gelrald Wallace,
plus Felton picked up a few moves with
C/F-Amare to coordinate with C/F-Aldridge.
If Roy is healthy to give the Blazers a better season than lastseason,
Felton's talent will look good.
Damn, the Blazers are looking good. Especially with Roy and Oden back.

Ill take this a little bit further and go with the following

East

1. Heat
2. Chicago
3. Celtics
4. Magic
5. Knicks
6. Hawks
7. 76rs
8. Wizards

West

1. Oklahoma City
2. LAL
3. Dallas
4. Spurs
5. Grizzlies
6. Blazers
7. Hornets
8. Nuggets

East playoffs

Rnd 1
Heat vs Wizards 4-1 HEAT
Chicago vs 76rs 4-2 Chicago
Celtics vs Hawks 4-3 Celtics
Magic vs Knicks 4-3 Knicks

Rnd 2
Heat vs Knicks 4-2 Heat
Chicago vs Celtics 4-3 Celtics

Rnd 3
Heat vs Celtics 4-2 Heat

West

Rnd 1
OKC vs Nuggets 4-2 OKC
LAL vs Hornets 4-2 LAL
Dal vs Blazers 4-2 Dal
Spurs vs Grizz 4-2 Spurs

Rnd 2
OKC vs Spurs 4-2 OKC
LAL vs Dal 4-3 LAL

Rnd 3
OKC vs LAL 4-3 LAL

Finals

MIA vs LAL

4-3

LAL.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I think some of you guys are overrating the Celtics. Although they swept us in the playoffs, their record after the Perkins trade was about .500 and they didn't look very good against the Heat. They're getting older too. They're still a playoff team but I see them slipping quite a bit next year.

I can't rank the Knicks until I see the other pieces we get. If we just get a bunch of minimum salary guys on 1 year contracts I don't see us as a very good team either. While we played well towards the end of the season, many of those wins were against some really bad teams. We'll be battling the Celtics and Sixers for the top spot in the Atlantic, which I guess equates to anything from a 4th seed to 7th seed.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
EAST:

1. Heat - could reach 60 if it's an 82 game season.
2. Bulls - won't get past Miami without a second scorer - not Luol Deng.
3. Magic - pending: there's a lot of talk surrounding D12.
4. Knicks - circumstantial: dodgy coach + weak front court + STAT's back, Melo's 'bow, Billups entirety. 46 wins in an 82 game season.
5. Hawks - fight for 5 & 6 between these boys and Boston.
6. Celtics
7. Bucks - addition of Stephen Jackson is big. Huge underachievers last year.
8. Washington - Indiana - 76ers. - Look for these teams to be neck and neck all season. Biggest likelihood for 8th as far as I see it, is Philly. Collins is an epic coach.

Don't have a lot of concern for the West, as I don't see us facing any of its teams in the finals.

● Could be a first round exit for us against either the Hawks or Celtics. Ultimately, our lack of depth up front will be our bane once again, along with our baffling substitutions and pressure play debacles.

It'll be a season long [long perhaps not the word of choice] shifting of positions between us, Atlanta and Boston. Either way, we have to take 4th or 5th for a decent chance at the 2nd round. We do not want to face 2nd seed in the first.

If it's a season of around 50 games, I say we win between 28-33. How that will effect the 8 is beyond me.

● Interested to see what will unfold with Orlando. Howard clearly not happy with the mid-season trade. A lot of payroll for little in return. If they lose Howard, they'll replace us in this new decade as the laughing stock of the league.

● Milwaukee could shock a lot of people this year, and could even push for 6th. Bogut, Cpt. Jack and Jennings is a nasty combo. They also have Udrih which will allow for a 5 of:

5. Bogut
4. Gooden
3. Jackson
2. Jennings
1. Udrih

Ilyasova, who can ball, apparently wants to leave the league. Could be a heavy blow to the Bucks.

● Heat to the finals again in an ECF match up with Chicago. Depending on who they're facing, they're a top 3 bet to take the trophy. They should trade Bosh for someone who has a pair.

Crazy⑧s;185049 said:
EAST:

1. Heat - could reach 60 if it's an 82 game season.
2. Bulls - won't get past Miami without a second scorer - not Luol Deng.
3. Magic - pending: there's a lot of talk surrounding D12.
4. Knicks - circumstantial: dodgy coach + weak front court + STAT's back, Melo's 'bow, Billups entirety. 46 wins in an 82 game season.
5. Hawks - fight for 5 & 6 between these boys and Boston.
6. Celtics
7. Bucks - addition of Stephen Jackson is big. Huge underachievers last year.
8. Washington - Indiana - 76ers. - Look for these teams to be neck and neck all season. Biggest likelihood for 8th as far as I see it, is Philly. Collins is an epic coach.

Don't have a lot of concern for the West, as I don't see us facing any of its teams in the finals.

● Could be a first round exit for us against either the Hawks or Celtics. Ultimately, our lack of depth up front will be our bane once again, along with our baffling substitutions and pressure play debacles.

It'll be a season long [long perhaps not the word of choice] shifting of positions between us, Atlanta and Boston. Either way, we have to take 4th or 5th for a decent chance at the 2nd round. We do not want to face 2nd seed in the first.

If it's a season of around 50 games, I say we win between 28-33. How that will effect the 8 is beyond me.

● Interested to see what will unfold with Orlando. Howard clearly not happy with the mid-season trade. A lot of payroll for little in return. If they lose Howard, they'll replace us in this new decade as the laughing stock of the league.

● Milwaukee could shock a lot of people this year, and could even push for 6th. Bogut, Cpt. Jack and Jennings is a nasty combo. They also have Udrih which will allow for a 5 of:

5. Bogut
4. Gooden
3. Jackson
2. Jennings
1. Udrih

Ilyasova, who can ball, apparently wants to leave the league. Could be a heavy blow to the Bucks.

● Heat to the finals again in an ECF match up with Chicago. Depending on who they're facing, they're a top 3 bet to take the trophy. They should trade Bosh for someone who has a pair.
I don't see how Orlando would be ahead of us. I doubt that J-rich will stay there and Turkoglu is not as good as he was when he was first with Orlando.

Marek

Benchwarmer
Yeah, even if D12 stays in Orlando, that squad is falling apart.

Unless Orlando gets back some crazy good immediate value in a trade, I think they finally fall out of the top 4.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I don't see how Orlando would be ahead of us. I doubt that J-rich will stay there and Turkoglu is not as good as he was when he was first with Orlando.

They are A LOT deeper than us, an on par PG, reliable front court, and the absolute best 5 in the game today. We have one PF and 2 centers, thus far, and a severe lack of flexibility in acquiring additional players.

Kiyaman

Legend
Crazy⑧s;185086 said:
They are A LOT deeper than us, an on par PG, reliable front court, and the absolute best 5 in the game today. We have one PF and 2 centers, thus far, and a severe lack of flexibility in acquiring additional players.

I disagree....the Knicks are much stronger than the Orlando Magic
plus PG-Billups has a history of stealing games from PG-Nelson (dont
let lastseason fool u).
The Magic only best the Knicks in two departments
1) center position
2) coaching
Other than those 2 the Knicks should have a 3-1 regular season vs
the Magic.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I disagree....the Knicks are much stronger than the Orlando Magic
plus PG-Billups has a history of stealing games from PG-Nelson (dont
let lastseason fool u).
The Magic only best the Knicks in two departments
1) center position
2) coaching
Other than those 2 the Knicks should have a 3-1 regular season vs
the Magic.

Not depth? Especially if you consider our bench arrested role players.

And the disparity between our front court and theirs defensively is ENORMOUS.