WOW Mozgov returns to Russia!

New New York

Quiet Storm
Not too surprising except for the fact that Timofey unlike the other players who have already signed is not waiting around for the lockout to end before joining his new club, and unlike Deron Williams and others he is not for sure returning to Denver once the Lockout is over.

His deal is a guaranteed which means he does not have to return to Denver and he probably is more happy playing there then with Denver and he would have to negotiate a buyout from this club again.

Hmmm....including him in the deal could have been a blessing in disguise, I mean being that his playing time was so up and down he couldve opted to do the same if he was a Knick still.

By the way....did you know he got married in a Vegas Drive through chapel!!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Timofey-Mozgov-is-heading-back-to-Russia?urn=nba-wp6736

Great talent, good body (no homo), but mentally he's way too soft to make it in the NBA. Instead of learning the language and adjusting to the lifestlye, he's taking the easy way out - ****ing off to Russia instead of fighting his way through in the NBA. I bet he's glad the lockout happened.....

So you're telling me that all Denver has left of the Melo trade is Gallo? LOL

Lol true true, never thought about that. You're right though. And everybody said 'rape' in our direction after the Melo trade. Now we have Melo, Billups and superstar Balkman left, while Denver only have Gallo left (in case Chandler signs elsewhere).

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Lol true true, never thought about that. You're right though. And everybody said 'rape' in our direction after the Melo trade. Now we have Melo, Billups and superstar Balkman left, while Denver only have Gallo left (in case Chandler signs elsewhere).

I don't think they're gonna match any offer Chandler gets since they have to resign Afflalo and look for a starting PF and a backup center (since they're probably going to lose Nene and have Birdman start)

skisloper

Starter
I don't think they're gonna match any offer Chandler gets since they have to resign Afflalo and look for a starting PF and a backup center (since they're probably going to lose Nene and have Birdman start)

also draft pick and Andre miller ( for Felton )...and Balkmans wasted $ off their books

Marek

Benchwarmer
Great talent, good body (no homo), but mentally he's way too soft to make it in the NBA. Instead of learning the language and adjusting to the lifestlye, he's taking the easy way out - ****ing off to Russia instead of fighting his way through in the NBA. I bet he's glad the lockout happened.....

How can he fight his way through in the NBA if they're not even playing for the foreseeable future?

I heard nothing but good things from the NY writers about how dedicated he was in practice and always worked with the coaching staff when he wasn't getting minutes in NY.

Now that there's a lockout with no resolution in sight, it's a perfectly viable decision to go back to Russia, keep making money, and continue trying to develop. I don't think it's soft or an "easy way out" at all.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Russia, though? I would've liked to see him move up the hierarchy of European basketball and go to Spain or Italy, or something like that.

Marek

Benchwarmer
while I do agree, that's just another new place and new language which might impede development even more

Exactly.
He reportedly got the same clause that D-Will got in Turkey:

http://www.hardwoodparoxysm.com/201...and-i-are-kindred-spirits-and-other-nonsense/

"Both Sportando and Sports.ru say he will play for BC Khimki, the Russian club where he played for four years before coming to the NBA (links via Hoopshype). This would be a deal that lets him out when the NBA lockout ends."

Scipio

Benchwarmer
Damn. This is so unfortunate.

He could have really done a great job for us. Just before he left he was finally becoming a good player. If no D`Toni didn`t hate centres so much he could have developed into a really top starting centre. I was delighted that we got Melo but was gutted that we lost Mozgov. He was always being written and talked about in the best terms. He was working hard in practice but as with always with our idiot coach because he was a centre he never got a fair chance. He was exactly what we needed 7 foot plus, with plenty of athleticism but our coach would rather keep playing undersized forwards at the five.

I wish him all the best and hope that he develops and one day comes back to the NBA and shows the moron no D`Toni what a good player he passed up on.

Good luck Moz, and thanks for your effort.