Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rape charges have been dropped against Kobe

Default Rape charges have been dropped against Kobe

The case against Kobe Bryany has been dropped, as the prosecution requested.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]: The Kobe Bryant case collapsed Wednesday as prosecutors dropped the sexual assault charge against the NBA star, saying the alleged victim no longer wanted to participate after a series of embarrassing courthouse gaffes.

"This decision is not based upon a lack of belief in the victim -- she is an extremely credible and an extremely brave young woman," District Attorney Mark Hurlbert said outside the courthouse. "Our belief in her has not wavered over the past year. ... Ultimately, we respect her decision 100 percent."

In a statement from his attorney, Bryant apologized for his "behavior that night and for the consequences she has suffered in the past year."

"Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did," said Bryant, a married father of one who did not attend the afternoon courtroom session Wednesday.

i was so happy when i heard this. he obviously didnt do it or that scumbag would have testified

thank god. let the basketball players play the game, and not get caught up in drama.

That skank got caught in Calgary (close to Edmonton where I live) boozing it up and partying. She even left the club with some dude. Must be nice to be able to cry wolf and not have any repercussions. I can't stand people like this bird. She makes life harder for women who have been raped and deserve justice. It sad and disgusting really.

w\e kobe aint inocent thoo but y would u hit that??? when he got a wife thats damn!!! just 4 hiting her he shoudl go 2 jail

i know his wife his mad HOT!!. but i think its the right thing that the victim drop this case because it would have went on forever and killed both her and kobes life.

Tmac!! C'mon dog. if Kobe goes to jail for hittin' skins, then partner I'd be on death row!! LOL! All jokes aside though we don't need more brothers goin' to jail on a B/S rap. There's waaaay too many of those. Plus, the fans ,NBA, and shoe companies suffer if Kobe's gone too. Hate that he's not a Knick, but glad that he a shot to get his life back.

Superstar

Bad news...

Originally Posted by newmove
    It's fake. I don't believe that bull**** about Barkley. He ain't that type of a person. Kobe, yes, he is guilty but not sir Charles.
    KOBE ISNT GUILTY!!!!

yes he is he raped the girl and deserves 2 go 2 jail, come on he says his sorries to teh girl afta the case is droped and rob payed her so mutch she dont even care no more

oo coem on broo that was best news i heard when he sighed wit lakers not only he not come 2 knicks =) he also ruined best team in nba

he also ruined best team in nba
    by winning 3 titles, or how?

he did not ruin anything. what he did do is make that laker team one of the best runs off all time. also he is probably the best player in the NBA right now. why so much hate towards kobe??

listen kobe might be innocent or guilty but we will never know. but i think this girl drop this case for some big reason maybe kobe made a deal or maybe she just did not want to go through this.

Let's all play GM for a moment. If you're the GM for the Lakers and you have to decide whether or not to re-sign Shaq (Age 32) @ 30 Million plus, or Kobe (Age 25) at what he got 20 Million for the next 7 years. Keep in mind they have the same number of championships. You have to take Kobe. He is the best guard in the NBA. As well financially, he's willing to keep the team competitive by accepting way less than he could have gotten. Plus he stays in shape. Shaq finally got embarrassed into getting himself trim by losing in the finals last year. Anyone disagree? Let me know. Anyone who thinks Kobe can't lead without a dominant centre remember these five names. Michael Jordan-> Bill Cartwright, Scott Williams, Will Purdue and Bill Wennignton