Rape charges have been dropped against Kobe

jsm0331

Benchwarmer
The case against Kobe Bryany has been dropped, as the prosecution requested.
ESPN: The Kobe Bryant case collapsed Wednesday as prosecutors dropped the sexual assault charge against the NBA star, saying the alleged victim no longer wanted to participate after a series of embarrassing courthouse gaffes.

"This decision is not based upon a lack of belief in the victim -- she is an extremely credible and an extremely brave young woman," District Attorney Mark Hurlbert said outside the courthouse. "Our belief in her has not wavered over the past year. ... Ultimately, we respect her decision 100 percent."

In a statement from his attorney, Bryant apologized for his "behavior that night and for the consequences she has suffered in the past year."

"Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did," said Bryant, a married father of one who did not attend the afternoon courtroom session Wednesday.

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
i was so happy when i heard this. he obviously didnt do it or that scumbag would have testified

e_D

Benchwarmer
thank god. let the basketball players play the game, and not get caught up in drama.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
That skank got caught in Calgary (close to Edmonton where I live) boozing it up and partying. She even left the club with some dude. Must be nice to be able to cry wolf and not have any repercussions. I can't stand people like this bird. She makes life harder for women who have been raped and deserve justice. It sad and disgusting really.

JJtheKnick

Starter
i know his wife his mad HOT!!. but i think its the right thing that the victim drop this case because it would have went on forever and killed both her and kobes life.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Tmac!! C'mon dog. if Kobe goes to jail for hittin' skins, then partner I'd be on death row!! LOL! All jokes aside though we don't need more brothers goin' to jail on a B/S rap. There's waaaay too many of those. Plus, the fans ,NBA, and shoe companies suffer if Kobe's gone too. Hate that he's not a Knick, but glad that he a shot to get his life back.

yes he is he raped the girl and deserves 2 go 2 jail, come on he says his sorries to teh girl afta the case is droped and rob payed her so mutch she dont even care no more

JJtheKnick

Starter
he did not ruin anything. what he did do is make that laker team one of the best runs off all time. also he is probably the best player in the NBA right now. why so much hate towards kobe??

JJtheKnick

Starter
listen kobe might be innocent or guilty but we will never know. but i think this girl drop this case for some big reason maybe kobe made a deal or maybe she just did not want to go through this.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Let's all play GM for a moment. If you're the GM for the Lakers and you have to decide whether or not to re-sign Shaq (Age 32) @ 30 Million plus, or Kobe (Age 25) at what he got 20 Million for the next 7 years. Keep in mind they have the same number of championships. You have to take Kobe. He is the best guard in the NBA. As well financially, he's willing to keep the team competitive by accepting way less than he could have gotten. Plus he stays in shape. Shaq finally got embarrassed into getting himself trim by losing in the finals last year. Anyone disagree? Let me know. Anyone who thinks Kobe can't lead without a dominant centre remember these five names. Michael Jordan-> Bill Cartwright, Scott Williams, Will Purdue and Bill Wennignton

JJtheKnick

Starter
wait i would not take kobe over shaq because shaq is a center and he is the best one. also he plays there hardest spot. kobe is one of the best shooters dont get me wrong but there are many good shooting SGs. houston, T mac, mobely ray allen, redd theres alot

newmove

Rotation player
TmAc N Knicks4life said:
oo coem on broo that was best news i heard when he sighed wit lakers not only he not come 2 knicks
Absolutely right! Absolutely!
dr.carpy said:
You have to take Kobe. He is the best guard in the NBA.
Nope. Allen Iverson is the best guard in NBA. Btw, how many MVP titles does kobe have? Just as I thought - NONE.
dr.carpy said:
Anyone who thinks Kobe can't lead without a dominant centre remember these five names. Michael Jordan-> Bill Cartwright, Scott Williams, Will Purdue and Bill Wennignton
That rapist kobe ain't Michael, not even close.
JJtheKnick said:
also he is probably the best player in the NBA right now.
He's not the best player in the NBA. There are numbers better players than him. AI, T-Mac, Starbury you name them. Too many guys better than him and with better attitude than he's got. Definitely.
If he's special in something, then it's this: he is the only one rapist in the NBA.

newmove

Rotation player
JJtheKnick said:
but i think this girl drop this case for some big reason maybe kobe made a deal.
I guess that frog has payed hell lotta scrilla for that girl so he could save his ass from jail. I hate that guy with passion. How come people compare that loser to Michael?! Kobe ain't worth noin' without Shaq and everybody knows that.

newmove said:
I guess that frog has payed hell lotta scrilla for that girl so he could save his ass from jail. I hate that guy with passion. How come people compare that loser to Michael?! Kobe ain't worth noin' without Shaq and everybody knows that.

Yeaa i noo rite he would have been in jail already if he dint have any money and yeaa how can they even compare him and jordan it aint even close, i realy get pissed when they say that o my god, hes nutin without shaq!!

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
newmove said:

i dont think he should be compared to mj but cmon now dont hate that much. Kobe is a very talented player, adn shaq didnt do anything w/o him in orlando and kobe didnt do anything w/o shaq, but to call him a loser is way too harsh, if he was coming to ny you know u wouldnt be like this