Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Melo Taking Hits On ESPN's Fan Voiced Article: 'Who's The Best/Most Overrated SF?'

Top 5 SFs:

1. Tracy McGrady
    2. Shawne Williams
    3. LeBron James
    4. Carmelo Anthony
    5. Kevin Durant

this is the argument ending statement a friend told another friend in A carmelo anthony vs lebron debate:

"Although lebron is a better defender,when carmelo plays anybody in the league,he makes them look just as terrible on defense while scoring 30 points,so i guess he makes up for it."

Originally Posted by The Garden '95
    this is the argument ending statement a friend told another friend in A carmelo anthony vs lebron debate:

"Although lebron is a better defender,when carmelo plays anybody in the league,he makes them look just as terrible on defense while scoring 30 points,so i guess he makes up for it."
    I guess someone who doesn't watch the game would fall for it though.

I hate LeBron, but he is better than Melo.

Veteran

I too have to admit that LeBron is better than Melo.

But in the 4th quarter, I would much rather trust Melo with the ball. LeBron in the 4th quarter of every NBA Finals game = LOL

But in the 4th quarter, I would much rather trust Melo with the ball. LeBron in the 4th quarter of every NBA Finals game = LOL
    and how is Carmelo doing in NBA finals? oh wait he hasn't been there, and never will be.

Originally Posted by InGodsHands
    and how is Carmelo doing in NBA finals? oh wait he hasn't been there, and never will be.
    I think your on the wrong website.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

There you go. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I think your on the wrong website.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

There you go. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    Nah never been a Heat fan. But if someone says idiotic things that Carmelo is better than Lebron, you've got to react.

Nah never been a Heat fan. But if someone says idiotic things that Carmelo is better than Lebron, you've got to react.
    By slandering a Knick player, and rimming the enemy. Another misguided god botherer.

ばかやろ!

By saying that Melo will never get to the finals? Which is basically saying the Knicks will never make the finals? So whenever someone says Melo is better than Lebron you have to suck Lebron's dick and bash Melo? I think your a closet heat fan.

I seriously think you're here to troll sometimes. Yes Lebron is better overall than Melo right now.. and yes homerism is often a problem when discussing a player on the team's forum.. But to say Melo will never get tot he finals.. That's obvious trolling. I suggest finding a Heat forum..

Based on what????

Unfortunately, I somewhat agree with InGodsHands. Not because of Melo's talent, though I feel like he is severely overrated on this site, but more to do with the fact that we gave up so much for him. If Melo had signed with us this offseason, we would be instant contenders and I would have had us atop the east. Now, with a more restrictive CBA, we may never be able to catch up to the top teams in the east (Miami, Chicago).

That, and defense.

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Unfortunately, I somewhat agree with InGodsHands. Not because of Melo's talent, though I feel like he is severely overrated on this site, but more to do with the fact that we gave up so much for him. If Melo had signed with us this offseason, we would be instant contenders and I would have had us atop the east. Now, with a more restrictive CBA, we may never be able to catch up to the top teams in the east (Miami, Chicago).

That, and defense.
    Do you really think that we would have been able to just sign Melo with the new CBA?

Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    Do you really think that we would have been able to just sign Melo with the new CBA?
    My thoughts exactly.. Owners are pushing for a 45 mil hard cap.. No way in hell we would've gotten Melo if we didn't make that trade. This whole debacle in the NBA right now is even more reason to be happy we pulled the trigger IMO. Lets be real.. we weren't ever gonna win a title with Amare + a bunch of solid role players. We traded a lot of pretty good players I admit it set us back a bit, but we got a superstar in return which puts us in even greater position to win because we have 2 legit go to guys in crunch time. Role players like the ones we gave up are replaceable dude. It's getting stars that is the hardest part. You win in the NBA with star players. We're fortunate enough to have 2 right now and continue building from there.

Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    Yes, we had plenty of cap space to sign him, regardless of the new CBA. The max contract Melo would have received would have been based on whatever the cap may be, and current contracts would be adjusted appropriately. Signing him was no issue with the new CBA.