Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 49

Thread: Melo Taking Hits On ESPN's Fan Voiced Article: 'Who's The Best/Most Overrated SF?'

  1. #31
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,011
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Top 5 SFs:

    1. Tracy McGrady
    2. Shawne Williams
    3. LeBron James
    4. Carmelo Anthony
    5. Kevin Durant

  2. #32
    Member The Garden '95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bronx,New York
    Posts
    108
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    this is the argument ending statement a friend told another friend in A carmelo anthony vs lebron debate:

    "Although lebron is a better defender,when carmelo plays anybody in the league,he makes them look just as terrible on defense while scoring 30 points,so i guess he makes up for it."

  3. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    182
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by The Garden '95
    this is the argument ending statement a friend told another friend in A carmelo anthony vs lebron debate:

    "Although lebron is a better defender,when carmelo plays anybody in the league,he makes them look just as terrible on defense while scoring 30 points,so i guess he makes up for it."
    I guess someone who doesn't watch the game would fall for it though.

    I hate LeBron, but he is better than Melo.

  4. #34
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I too have to admit that LeBron is better than Melo.

    But in the 4th quarter, I would much rather trust Melo with the ball. LeBron in the 4th quarter of every NBA Finals game = LOL

  5. #35
    Member InGodsHands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    347
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    But in the 4th quarter, I would much rather trust Melo with the ball. LeBron in the 4th quarter of every NBA Finals game = LOL
    and how is Carmelo doing in NBA finals? oh wait he hasn't been there, and never will be.

  6. #36
    Veteran AmareForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by InGodsHands
    and how is Carmelo doing in NBA finals? oh wait he hasn't been there, and never will be.
    I think your on the wrong website.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    There you go. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

  7. #37
    Member InGodsHands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    347
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I think your on the wrong website.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    There you go. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    Nah never been a Heat fan. But if someone says idiotic things that Carmelo is better than Lebron, you've got to react.

  8. #38
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,487
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Originally Posted by InGodsHands
    Nah never been a Heat fan. But if someone says idiotic things that Carmelo is better than Lebron, you've got to react.
    By slandering a Knick player, and rimming the enemy. Another misguided god botherer.

    ばかやろ!

  9. #39
    Veteran AmareForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by InGodsHands
    Nah never been a Heat fan. But if someone says idiotic things that Carmelo is better than Lebron, you've got to react.
    By saying that Melo will never get to the finals? Which is basically saying the Knicks will never make the finals? So whenever someone says Melo is better than Lebron you have to suck Lebron's dick and bash Melo? I think your a closet heat fan.

  10. #40
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by InGodsHands
    Nah never been a Heat fan. But if someone says idiotic things that Carmelo is better than Lebron, you've got to react.
    I seriously think you're here to troll sometimes. Yes Lebron is better overall than Melo right now.. and yes homerism is often a problem when discussing a player on the team's forum.. But to say Melo will never get tot he finals.. That's obvious trolling. I suggest finding a Heat forum..

  11. #41
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by InGodsHands
    and how is Carmelo doing in NBA finals? oh wait he hasn't been there, and never will be.

    Based on what????

  12. #42
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Unfortunately, I somewhat agree with InGodsHands. Not because of Melo's talent, though I feel like he is severely overrated on this site, but more to do with the fact that we gave up so much for him. If Melo had signed with us this offseason, we would be instant contenders and I would have had us atop the east. Now, with a more restrictive CBA, we may never be able to catch up to the top teams in the east (Miami, Chicago).

    That, and defense.

  13. #43
    Veteran AmareForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Unfortunately, I somewhat agree with InGodsHands. Not because of Melo's talent, though I feel like he is severely overrated on this site, but more to do with the fact that we gave up so much for him. If Melo had signed with us this offseason, we would be instant contenders and I would have had us atop the east. Now, with a more restrictive CBA, we may never be able to catch up to the top teams in the east (Miami, Chicago).

    That, and defense.
    Do you really think that we would have been able to just sign Melo with the new CBA?

  14. #44
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    Do you really think that we would have been able to just sign Melo with the new CBA?
    My thoughts exactly.. Owners are pushing for a 45 mil hard cap.. No way in hell we would've gotten Melo if we didn't make that trade. This whole debacle in the NBA right now is even more reason to be happy we pulled the trigger IMO. Lets be real.. we weren't ever gonna win a title with Amare + a bunch of solid role players. We traded a lot of pretty good players I admit it set us back a bit, but we got a superstar in return which puts us in even greater position to win because we have 2 legit go to guys in crunch time. Role players like the ones we gave up are replaceable dude. It's getting stars that is the hardest part. You win in the NBA with star players. We're fortunate enough to have 2 right now and continue building from there.

  15. #45
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    Do you really think that we would have been able to just sign Melo with the new CBA?
    Yes, we had plenty of cap space to sign him, regardless of the new CBA. The max contract Melo would have received would have been based on whatever the cap may be, and current contracts would be adjusted appropriately. Signing him was no issue with the new CBA.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 45
    Last Post: Dec 14, 2010, 10:19

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •