Alonzo Mourning will officially rejoin the Nets for training

JJtheKnick

Starter
Mourning Will Attend Camp

East Rutherford, NJ, Sept. 1 -- Seven-time NBA All-Star Alonzo Mourning will participate in the Nets’ 2004-05 training camp in an attempt to revive his NBA career, Nets’ CEO Rod Thorn announced today.

“We look forward to Alonzo joining the Nets in training camp," said Thorn. "Hopefully he will be able to resume his career and play at the high level he has in the past.”

“I am feeling great and am excited about attending training camp and possibly resuming my career, said Mourning.”

Mourning, who signed with the Nets prior to the 2003-04 season, played in 12 games for New Jersey before he was forced to stop playing basketball on November 25, 2003 due to focal glomerulosclerosis. On December 19, 2003, Mourning underwent kidney transplant surgery in which he was given a kidney donated by his cousin. In 12 games for New Jersey, Mourning averaged 8.0 ppg and 2.3 rpg in 17.9 mpg.

A 12-year NBA veteran, Mourning posts career averages of 20.0 ppg, 9.7 rpg and 2.98 bpg in 634 games with Charlotte, Miami and New Jersey. Drafted by Charlotte in the First Round (2nd overall pick) of the 1992 NBA Draft and selected to the All-Rookie First Team, Mourning was a seven-time NBA All-Star, a two-time NBA Defensive Player of the Year (1998-1999, 1999-2000), a member of the All-NBA First Team in 1998-99 and Second Team in 1999-2000, a two-time member of the All-Defensive First Team (1998-99, 1999-2000) and was the winner of the J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award in 2001-02.

Mourning was also a member of the gold medal winning 2000 Team USA Olympic Team and was named the 2000 USA Basketball Male Athlete of the Year. Alonzo will be made available to the media once training camp begins.

http://www.nba.com/nets/news/mourning_rejoins_nets_090104.html

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
hes not gonna be effective at all. coming back from all this is going to be just too much for him. Dnt get me wrong i have much respect for the miami center that murdered the knicks a few times, but his time is over

JJtheKnick

Starter
thats ture but he will be a plus for them. anytime u can add a person like that who has been around the block a few times it can help you in a major way.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I never liked Alonzo too much since he was almost a big pain in the ass against the Knicks, But if he can make it back in the NBA, more power to him. Plus I'm sure the Nets could use the help, going to be even more fun beating them now.

newmove

Rotation player
It's over for Zo. He would never be able to recover at even 40% compared to his last season. I wish him all best though. He's one of my favourite players.

JJtheKnick

Starter
listen he said that he feels much much better and that he feels he can make it to the level u use to be at. i trust him!

newmove

Rotation player
Why not?

ps: I'm not talking of him as a Net, but as a miamian. Not in the days when he used to be with Hornets.

newmove said:
Why not?

ps: I'm not talking of him as a Net, but as a miamian. Not in the days when he used to be with Hornets.

Come on broo u aint a knicks fan if he 1 or your favorute playas, its like saying MJ is ya favorite player and be a jazz fan come on... knick fans dont like old maimi playas like hardaway,PJ,Morning, N Jones

JJtheKnick

Starter
hes not my fav player but there is no doubt of his skills and thats my point that he will be a threat and help a net team thats going down down down!

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
TmAc N Knicks4life said:
newmove said:
Why not?

Come on broo u aint a knicks fan if he 1 or your favorute playas, its like saying MJ is ya favorite player and be a jazz fan come on... knick fans dont like old maimi playas like hardaway,PJ,Morning, N Jones

why cant mj be your favorite player if your a knicks fan. I was a huge stephon fan before he came to ny, its just a matter of respect and admiration for a great player. Im not saying when he plays the knicks i want him to win, i want him too lose , but it doesnt mean i dont like him

vince

Rookie
that's not what he said. He said that a JAZZ fan can't love mj. We're talkin about rivalry man!! that's the same for NY-Miami rivalry.

newmove

Rotation player
pbjb14 said:
TmAc N Knicks4life said:

why cant mj be your favorite player if your a knicks fan. I was a huge stephon fan before he came to ny, its just a matter of respect and admiration for a great player. Im not saying when he plays the knicks i want him to win, i want him too lose , but it doesnt mean i dont like him
Absolutely agree! I respect player's talent when I see a tallented guy. I don't care about his freaking team cuz the only one team I do really care about it's New York Knicks.

And speaking of rivalry. Miami've got noin' on us. We've been more successful. And since the next season we're going to be three times more tallented than they are.

Any questions?

pbjb14 said:
Yea im talking about jazz-bulls rivery and hwo jordan too like 3 Championships away from them

newmove said:
Absolutely agree! I respect player's talent when I see a tallented guy. I don't care about his freaking team cuz the only one team I do really care about it's New York Knicks.

And speaking of rivalry. Miami've got noin' on us. We've been more successful. And since the next season we're going to be three times more tallented than they are.

Aww come on how cant u say us and miai got ntuin we hated each other 4 like 5years n still do but not as mutch, u dont rember the fights, trashtalk and how we rocked them in game 5 wit houstons sweet shot, those where the days i stil dont like the heat bc of that and neva will unless they get tmac!

vince

Rookie
I can't believe that a knick fan can say that they were no rivalry between NY and Miami :? :? unless he's not a real fan...

newmove

Rotation player
TmAc N Knicks4life said:
Aww come on how cant u say us and miai got ntuin we hated each other 4 like 5years n still do but not as mutch, u dont rember the fights, trashtalk and how we rocked them in game 5 wit houstons sweet shot, those where the days i stil dont like the heat bc of that and neva will unless they get tmac!
Nope it's notin' like that. I DO remember about the rivalry but they've got noin' on us. We're simply better. Well, they've had some nice games but that's all. We've been a better team and we remain a better team. Even with miami signing big fella. We're simply better. That's what I've meant when I said they've got noin' on us.
vince said:
I can't believe that a knick fan can say that they were no rivalry between NY and Miami :? :? unless he's not a real fan...
I've explained my words in the previous post. Believe me I am a real die hard New York Knicks fan and can't name other person who cares about this team as much as I do.