Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Has any one ever really looked at Carmelo Anthony's Body of Work ?

  1. #1
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Has any one ever really looked at Carmelo Anthony's Body of Work ?

    The mans entire Career has been under rated

    3 all star appearances in 8 years ???

    8 straight playoff appearances with who as a supporting cast ?

    Nene ?
    Kmart
    A past his prime Iverson
    Chris anderson
    Billups
    JR smith
    Camby
    Andre Miller
    Linas Kleiza
    E Najara
    Anthony Carter
    Aaron Affalo
    Ty Lawson

    A career PPG avg of 25
    A career Reb avg of 6.3 at the small fwd position
    A career ast avg of 3.1 despite being a high volume shooter
    A career 1.1 steals per game despite not defending
    A career 80 percent foul shooter
    A career 46 percent field goal shooter despite being a high volume shooter
    A career playoff avg of 25 ppg, 1.3 stls, 3.1 ast, 7.3 rebounds in 49 playoff games over 8 seasons.

    __________________________________________________ ______________

    Now looking forward

    this is Kobe ? the greatest of our generation right

    probably top 10 all time

    11 All star games in 15 seasons

    14 playoff appearances in 15 seasons with a supporting cast of

    Lamar odom
    Andrew bynum
    Ron artest
    Pau Gasol
    Glen Rice
    Shaquille Oneal
    Derek fisher
    Robert Horry
    Ron harper
    Rick fox
    Eddie Jones
    Nick Vanexel
    Elden Campbell

    A career PPG avg of 25
    A career Reb avg of 5.3 at the sg position
    A career ast avg of 4.7 despite being a high volume shooter
    A career 1.5 steals per game despite being an all time defender
    A career 83 percent foul shooter
    A career 45 percent field goal shooter despite being a high volume shooter
    A career playoff avg of 25 ppg, 1.4 stls, 4.8 ast, 5.1 rebounds in 208 playoff games over 15 seasons.

    __________________________________________________ ______________

    Soooo

    Kobe 25 ppg career over 15 seasons
    Melo 25 ppg career over 8 seasons
    Kobe 1.5 steals Melo 1.3 steals
    Kobe 45 pct shooter Melo 46 percent shooter
    Equal from three but Melo is improving as he showed shooting well over his percentage once he came to the knicks.


    Now if you could take the best of the best from each players career and put them in a playoff series


    Iverson
    Billups
    Melo
    Nene
    Camby

    They would probably win 55-60 games right

    pretty sick squad right ???

    Or

    Nick Vanexel
    Kobe Bryant
    Lamar Odom
    Pau Gasol
    Shaquille Oneal

    they would probably win 73 games.



    In essence

    Melo at 26

    has another good 7-8 seasons left to not only finally play with other real stars for once

    but also surpass what most consider the best player of this generation.







    If you want to argue go for it.

    but I think I made mine.

  2. #2
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    and dont tell me numbers dont mean anything

    because realistically if Kobe brought the same skill set as he does now, but took ten less shots a game and only avg Ray allen numbers his whole career, he wouldnt be considered one of the best to ever lace em up.

    Melo is a baller

    and his due will finally come in the next few seasons

    we should be head over heels right now with the fact that we have him in orange and blue.


    dont let the haters bite.

    and thank god we dont have to see gallinari go 3-11 from thre three point range

    chandler disappear for a week at a time

    Mozgov get a few dunks to make every one smile


    and raymond felton wellll I kinda miss ray ray cant hate there

    but MELO

    is MELO

    and billups is better than anything weve had in a long time at PG

  3. #3
    Veteran AmareForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Tbh the Nuggets looked pretty beast these past 3 years.

    Billups - Leader with vet experience
    Afflalo - Great defender that shoots 3's at a decent clip
    Melo - Need it be said?
    Kenyon Martin - He's still a pretty good defensive player, not nearly as good as he was with the Net though.
    Nene - Definately a top 5 center
    * Birdman, Jr Smith, Lawson, I forget who else they had

    But that seemed like a pretty beast team, the reason I always thought the Nuggets always failed was because of George Karl imo. His fast paced system is a fail and he should have done more with the roster that he had. If they had a Tom Thibbs or a Greg Pop type of coach I think they would have at LEAST made the finals.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    182
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Melo is definitely under-rated.

    He just needs to come out and beast on both sides of the ball...and everyone will shut up.

  5. #5
    BALL DON'T LIE MeloforMayor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    1,767
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Good observation and good comparison with Kobe. They are very similat even though they play at different positions. Both very high volume scorers. hmm, Maybe that's why Kobe said he was gonna pass the torch to Melo? Right now, what kobe has over Melo is DEFENSE. Melo has to show that he can defend consistently against the best. That's the only knock on his game. Luckily, he has the potential to be a beast defender, MeloMan just needs to have the desire to defend at an elite level.

  6. #6
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    The mans entire Career has been under rated

    3 all star appearances in 8 years ???

    8 straight playoff appearances with who as a supporting cast ?

    Nene ?
    Kmart
    A past his prime Iverson
    Chris anderson
    Billups
    JR smith
    Camby
    Andre Miller
    Linas Kleiza
    E Najara
    Anthony Carter
    Aaron Affalo
    Ty Lawson

    A career PPG avg of 25
    A career Reb avg of 6.3 at the small fwd position
    A career ast avg of 3.1 despite being a high volume shooter
    A career 1.1 steals per game despite not defending
    A career 80 percent foul shooter
    A career 46 percent field goal shooter despite being a high volume shooter
    A career playoff avg of 25 ppg, 1.3 stls, 3.1 ast, 7.3 rebounds in 49 playoff games over 8 seasons.

    __________________________________________________ ______________

    Now looking forward

    this is Kobe ? the greatest of our generation right

    probably top 10 all time

    11 All star games in 15 seasons

    14 playoff appearances in 15 seasons with a supporting cast of

    Lamar odom
    Andrew bynum
    Ron artest
    Pau Gasol
    Glen Rice
    Shaquille Oneal
    Derek fisher
    Robert Horry
    Ron harper
    Rick fox
    Eddie Jones
    Nick Vanexel
    Elden Campbell

    A career PPG avg of 25
    A career Reb avg of 5.3 at the sg position
    A career ast avg of 4.7 despite being a high volume shooter
    A career 1.5 steals per game despite being an all time defender
    A career 83 percent foul shooter
    A career 45 percent field goal shooter despite being a high volume shooter
    A career playoff avg of 25 ppg, 1.4 stls, 4.8 ast, 5.1 rebounds in 208 playoff games over 15 seasons.

    __________________________________________________ ______________

    Soooo

    Kobe 25 ppg career over 15 seasons
    Melo 25 ppg career over 8 seasons
    Kobe 1.5 steals Melo 1.3 steals
    Kobe 45 pct shooter Melo 46 percent shooter
    Equal from three but Melo is improving as he showed shooting well over his percentage once he came to the knicks.


    Now if you could take the best of the best from each players career and put them in a playoff series


    Iverson
    Billups
    Melo
    Nene
    Camby

    They would probably win 55-60 games right

    pretty sick squad right ???

    Or

    Nick Vanexel
    Kobe Bryant
    Lamar Odom
    Pau Gasol
    Shaquille Oneal

    they would probably win 73 games.



    In essence

    Melo at 26

    has another good 7-8 seasons left to not only finally play with other real stars for once

    but also surpass what most consider the best player of this generation.







    If you want to argue go for it.

    but I think I made mine.
    100%

  7. #7
    Superstar pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    903
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    but MELO

    is MELO
    and billups is better than anything weve had in a long time at PG
    I'm not convinced. When ever either of them has the ball in his hands, the flow of the game comes to a grinding halt and you cannot blame that on the coach. It was the same in Denver. I guess this is going to to be our main weakness next year.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Melo has a better chance to win it here then in Denver. Our team is potentially better with room to grow. Eventualy, the fans at the Garden will let the team know they are sucking on Defense. TBH, i credit alot of the bad D on team chemistry. I feel it will pick up once the players learn each others tendancies. We havn't had a solid core of guys since the Ewing era...

  9. #9
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Originally Posted by pat
    I'm not convinced. When ever either of them has the ball in his hands, the flow of the game comes to a grinding halt and you cannot blame that on the coach. It was the same in Denver. I guess this is going to to be our main weakness next year.
    Weakness? Depends on your M.O. This season depends upon utilizing our traits. If we stick with MD's M.O, it will be a weakness.

Similar Threads

  1. what does the bible really teach?
    By Knicks4lyfe in forum Hangout
    Replies: 302
    Last Post: Apr 12, 2011, 02:32
  2. Replies: 23
    Last Post: Mar 18, 2011, 11:27
  3. Replies: 111
    Last Post: Jan 12, 2011, 11:31
  4. Official Big **** Thread
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 212
    Last Post: Dec 13, 2010, 14:55
  5. Religulous
    By LJ4ptplay in forum Hangout
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: Nov 10, 2008, 14:10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •