View Poll Results: Will Landry Fields Reinvent His Game & Be Awesome?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 52.63%
  • Highly Likely

1 5.26%
  • Not Improbable

3 15.79%
  • Not Likely

3 15.79%
  • Highly Unlikely

1 5.26%
  • No

1 5.26%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hanging In The Balance: Fields' Resurgence

Fields does not look like a starting 2 in the league to me. He needs to work on his handle. He needs to work on his ability to shoot off the dribble. He needs to work on his shooting. He needs to work on his agility. This is alot to try and add at any stage in a pro career. All that said I think he should focus on his 3 point shooting. I think he can be a legit stopper in the league also. I see him as kind of a Shane Battier type.

I voted that it's not improbable that he could really grow as a player because he seems like he's a hard worker. I also think he has tremendous aptitude for the game of basketball. I really like Fields and am rooting for his development.

Veteran

I like him but I do think he profiles as more of a 6th man.

Which is a good thing.

In reply to all, I never said he's gonna be a 17ppg+ player. But I guarantee you that he'll be worthy of a starting role on any squad.

That's IF he is incorporated with a fair opportunity to play his game. Look for improvements, they are coming in varied forms.

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    In reply to all, I never said he's gonna be a 17ppg+ player. But I guarantee you that he'll be worthy of a starting role on any squad.

That's IF he is incorporated with a fair opportunity to play his game. Look for improvements, they are coming in varied forms.
    And what if Shumpert is just the better player?
    From what I've seen so far, the kid has swag and is not afraid to play with the big guns.
    Fields was clearly afraid in the playoffs, his confidence was zero...I'd be happy with him working on his jumper etc, but you're either build for this kind of pressure or not (see Lebron). It's only his rookie season, so let's give him another season, but if he's afraid of the occasion again, come playoff-time, it's time to trade him I say.

one word

"ROOKIE"

/thread

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    From what I've seen so far, the kid has swag and is not afraid to play with the big guns.
    Fields was clearly afraid in the playoffs, his confidence was zero...I'd be happy with him working on his jumper etc, but you're either build for this kind of pressure or not (see Lebron). It's only his rookie season, so let's give him another season, but if he's afraid of the occasion again, come playoff-time, it's time to trade him I say.
    Swag doesn't mean his IQ is as high as Fields (I don't know). As you said, we have to give him another season. He did show a lot of confidence as a rookie for the most part.

Superstar

The kid showed throughout the first part of the year that he is a true NBA player. People have short term memories. Rookie wall and a new iso team became the kids undoing. He lost confidence. This happens with every rookie.

Happened with TD (though injury to the shoulder probably had a lot do with it too).

Relax all. He will be excellent next year.

Originally Posted by MusketeerX
    The kid showed throughout the first part of the year that he is a true NBA player. People have short term memories. Rookie wall and a new iso team became the kids undoing. He lost confidence. This happens with every rookie.

Happened with TD (though injury to the shoulder probably had a lot do with it too).

Relax all. He will be excellent next year.
    TD has never lack confidence, he is letting it fly on offense and getting leveled on defense.

But yeah Fields did hit the wall at the worst time.

I just wanna see what he was doing prior to the trade.

everybody gets on my boy dirty landry.... he was a ROOKIE who was asked to start and he out performed his expectations. YES we all know after the trade he was a scrub we were all watching our boy slip into the darkness but his potential and IQ are promising. The celtics series was more of a show on how bad our coaching is, everyone gets lit up by ray allen on the corners!! ......All star i dont know but starter yes and if hes our 6th then we're looking at some depth

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    Swag? Who gives a rat's anus about swag? It's a ridiculous term and doesn't even apply. If Shumpert is better, brilliant! I wouldn't be against having a better player backed up by Fields whatsoever.

I see his lack of confidence as a result of non-inclusiveness. We ran plays for 2 people, and Jared Jeffries.

I do agree that if his forthcoming playoff appearance is a lemon, then he should be dealt with accordingly. On the other hand, my prognosis is that it will be the exact opposite. No real or solid base to that, I just believe it will be the case.

Landry is my shepherd! Allow me some blind faith!

Here's a video showing Landry's complete skillset....

Nice mix. I've been wanting to look up a mix of him. Players like him don't come around often. Would be foolish to trade him with two superstars on our team.

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Nice mix. I've been wanting to look up a mix of him. Players like him don't come around often. Would be foolish to trade him with two superstars on our team.
    Yeah when you look at it from a Knick fan stand point but...

Looking from a market value stand point, I think we'd all take a solid big for him in a trade and easily fill his spot. The problem is when we look at it from a market stand point, there's probably not many teams willing to trade for him- potential and cheap contract considered.

That tells me that (of course) we value him and remain hopeful he will materialize into a viable contributor as fans, but in reality he has little to no value to other teams, and that's just my assumption.

He wasn't in demand for Denver with the trade
    His #'s down the stretch were menial
    And with the world watching during the playoffs, he was atrociuos

He only has value to us Knick fans, the market says different.

IMO, once we clean up the stench of MOA, Fields would be served well to develop his defense primarily because that will boost his value more than expectng him to become this knock down shooter. I could be wrong, just my opinion

But how I see it, his skill set (besides intangibles like being humble) is easily replaceable, we could use a big, unfortunately he has no real market value.

*waits for Fields lovers to state his size at SG, IQ, college #'s, cheap contract, and time to learn to fit the (flawed) system

Well I sure as heck won't use an argument for him to fit into this system.

What big man would you have in mind? There's inexpensive ones we might be able to get such as Reggie Evans without trading Fields. Maybe Kenyon Martin too. Chris Anderson? Well, here's his salary:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Don't know if we could get him with Fields. Don't know we tried to get Anderson or Denver offered him in the Melo trade. Don't know if salary wise we could do it.

We'd probably have to give them Turiaf.

I'm a fan of Turiaf and Fields, both are good players, I see a lot of potential in Fields, and we drafted him. I feel dirty talking about trading either one. More than just being a fan, otherwise I wouldn't be saying anything.

Would you make a trade for Anderson? If we somehow landed him without trading Turiaf it'd be a dream come true.

I think he'll settle in as a bench player. He won't be an All-Star, his upside isn't that large since he came out as a senior, but I can see him being a solid bench guy for a number of years.

He does all the little things, and if he keeps his spot up three point shooting going, he will stick in the NBA.