Durant to the Knicks!

durantknix.png

pumperilike.png

Loooool, Durant for Melo and Fields anyone?

Seriously, I'm happy with Melo and wouldn't trade him. A small forward is the last thing we need right now. Let's get CP3 or Dwight!

tiger0330

Legend
Let's say Durant was in the same draft as Melo instead of Oden. Who would you draft as numero UNO?

I really like KD's game, I wrote that he is better than Lebron as a scorer, Lebron is the better defensive player but KD is the better scorer.

Let's say Durant was in the same draft as Melo instead of Oden. Who would you draft as numero UNO?

I really like KD's game, I wrote that he is better than Lebron as a scorer, Lebron is the better defensive player but KD is the better scorer.
That's a good question.. I'd probably say Durant just because he brings it every night. Melo may be the more talented gifted scorer.. but he does take nights off and his motor isn't constant like Durants is. But right now I'm happy with having Melo on our team.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
That's a good question.. I'd probably say Durant just because he brings it every night. Melo may be the more talented gifted scorer.. but he does take nights off and his motor isn't constant like Durants is. But right now I'm happy with having Melo on our team.
I'd take Melo since he's a good ball handler and can take it to the basket a lot more than Durant. Durant is similar to Ray Allen.

Durant is a two-time scoring champ though, can't argue that.

how does Melo take nights off

you dont average 25 ppg over a career of 8 years with 8 straight playoff appearances averaged 25 ppg as well if you take nights off

Melo is one of the most consistent scorers in the league, and he averages 1.3 steals a game, and 6.5 rebounds a game over 8 years as well.

takes nights off lol

I dont know what games youre watching.

and if you check both of their numbers
melo and durant are equal

just melos a few years older.

both around 26 ppg

both around 1.3 steals

both around 6.5 rebounds

both around 35 pct from three

both around 46 pct from the field

I would take melo based on the fact he can post up better; and hes a young 26 with veteran experience battling teams like the lakers and spurs every year in the playoffs.

Durants statistics declined in every category this year

ppg 30 to 27

reb 7 to 6

stl 1.4 to 1.1

FG and FT and TP slightly down

so this might be the best we see of durant for all we know.

how does Melo take nights off

you dont average 25 ppg over a career of 8 years with 8 straight playoff appearances averaged 25 ppg as well if you take nights off

Melo is one of the most consistent scorers in the league, and he averages 1.3 steals a game, and 6.5 rebounds a game over 8 years as well.

takes nights off lol

I dont know what games youre watching.

Look at some of his games in denver were he'd score 15pts in a game here or there. Or look at some games where he just looks totally disengaged. Don't be a such a homer. I love Melo (no homo) much as the next knick fan but if Durant and Melo were who I had to make a choice on right now. Its Durant by a small margin

Also tell me why Melo can suddenly become a decent defender when he wants to but the majority of the time he's lackluster. Atleast Durant is consistently average on defense (Good help defender tho). Melo with all his talent should be leading the league in ppg every year. Yes, I agree his offensive game is much more complete than Durants (Durant might be a better 3 point shooter tho), yet Durant leads the league in scoring because he's consistently hungier IMO.

Rob Low

Rotation player
I honestly don't understand how anyone can think Durant is better than Melo. I guess people just look at the stats and base everything off that, but if you watch them both play I don't see how it's up for discussion.

Did you guys even watch Durant against Memphis, Battier and Allen were just bullying him, he literally couldn't even get to the ball. Meanwhile Melo just dropped 50 on Battier this season.

The only advantage Durant has on Melo is range, other than that it's not even close. If you take away Durant's shot and push him around a bit he's practically useless but Melo on the other hand, there's no formula for stopping him because he has absolutely no weakness on offense.

I bet if you ask any NBA player which is the better player 8 out of 10 will say Melo. It's just the clueless fans that ESPN has brainwashed that say otherwise.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
I honestly don't understand how anyone can think Durant is better than Melo. I guess people just look at the stats and base everything off that, but if you watch them both play I don't see how it's up for discussion.

Did you guys even watch Durant against Memphis, Battier and Allen were just bullying him, he literally couldn't even get to the ball. Meanwhile Melo just dropped 50 on Battier this season.

The only advantage Durant has on Melo is range, other than that it's not even close. If you take away Durant's shot and push him around a bit he's practically useless but Melo on the other hand, there's no formula for stopping him because he has absolutely no weakness on offense.

I bet if you ask any NBA player which is the better player 8 out of 10 will say Melo. It's just the clueless fans that ESPN has brainwashed that say otherwise.

You should have more then 19 post.... Preach.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Ok, even for a game with that competition is impressive. Just imagine him becoming a good ball handler. The Dirk vs. Durant games would be ridiculous.

Durant is already a good ball-handler. I swear RunningJ you need to stop talking about players. Just stop. So many of your comments re players skill sets have no basis in reality. It's just misinformation. You need to watch basketball for another five yrs and even then just say something bout players once in a great while.. Then you might get things just slightly more right then you do now.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Durant is already a good ball-handler. I swear RunningJ you need to stop talking about players. Just stop. So many of your comments re players skill sets have no basis in reality. It's just misinformation. You need to watch basketball for another five yrs and even then just say something bout players once in a great while.. Then you might get things just slightly more right then you do now.

If he's good then where is him taking players off the dribble? He was shut down, not by Westbrook being a ballhog, by him him being mainly a catch and shoot guy.

I don't know where this came from, but I never said Durant wasn't good. If you think he's better than a decent ball handler than your standards are low. DIRK is a good ball handler.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound

If he's good then where is him taking players off the dribble? He was shut down, not by Westbrook being a ballhog, by him him being mainly a catch and shoot guy.

I don't know where this came from, but I never said Durant wasn't good. If you think he's better than a decent ball handler than your standards are low. DIRK is a good ball handler.

The man can shoot over most players @ his position. Just because he doesn't use the dribble-drive aspect of his game as often as he should, it doesn't mean he isn't really, really good at it. He can slash when he wants to believe me. He just needs to get stronger so he can utilize this aspect of his game more. I can't tell you how good this guy is in the open court. Wait til he adds a bit more bulk. He's gonna be a beast.

Watch the game RunningJ.

You said, "Imagine him becoming a good ball-handler".. That would mean to a person using logic that he isn't already a good ball-handler.

Bro, Durant is one of the better dribblers at his position and he is a better ball- handler than Dirk.. and not by a little. He's a better dribbler than most 2's and some 1's. Dirk is able to put the ball on the floor and slash in spurts, but he's not nearly as creative w the ball as Durant. Sry dude, but no.

You make comments like this all the time and no one corrects you because you're likeable, or they just don't feel like it. Heck I like you, but that doesn't mean you don't spit alot of misinformation re players.

If u need me to I can find a scouting report, but I shouldn't have to. Just trust me bro. I'm rarely wrong when comes to assessing these guys.. Durant's handle is nice.

And just for the record, Melo IS better than him right now.

Last edited: