Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Possible NBA Rival League?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    173
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Possible NBA Rival League?

    Could it be possible?

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    via NBAPA twitter

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I had this discussion many times in the past couple of years. The owners need to recognize that the players are the ones the fans come to see. The players are the ones that keep stores like Modells in business. If all the players formed a think tank and started their own league it will crush these greedy slave driven owners into submission. The game would be exciting again, no more officials getting away with nonsense or penalizing players for expressing themselves (non-violently). It would be a player friendly league without the many BS restrictions and distracting contract issues.

    It definitely can be done; they just need to put aside some expense, and develop the mentality for self investment / self sustaining. I’m sure the team owners of the NBA will come crawling back to reality way b4 a meeting for the new league even happenings. These NBA players have big bank, all they need is savvy business men to take care of the foundation. The players and the fans will make sure everything else goes according to plan.

    I wish they would make a new league. All this lockout crap is hurting the game. I can give 2 ****s what a NBA team owner wants or thinks he knows about the spirit of BBall. They take the game way too serious and made it more of a biz then an actual sport. They’re sucking the fun and life out of the game with all this biz crapola. When you see owners, coaches, officials, getting as much or more primetime then the players….(imho) I see that as the game dying slowly.

  3. #3
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,262
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    I had this discussion many times in the past couple of years. The owners need to recognize that the players are the ones the fans come to see. The players are the ones that keep stores like Modells in business. If all the players formed a think tank and started their own league it will crush these greedy slave driven owners into submission. The game would be exciting again, no more officials getting away with nonsense or penalizing players for expressing themselves (non-violently). It would be a player friendly league without the many BS restrictions and distracting contract issues.

    It definitely can be done; they just need to put aside some expense, and develop the mentality for self investment / self sustaining. I’m sure the team owners of the NBA will come crawling back to reality way b4 a meeting for the new league even happenings. These NBA players have big bank, all they need is savvy business men to take care of the foundation. The players and the fans will make sure everything else goes according to plan.

    I wish they would make a new league. All this lockout crap is hurting the game. I can give 2 ****s what a NBA team owner wants or thinks he knows about the spirit of BBall. They take the game way too serious and made it more of a biz then an actual sport. They’re sucking the fun and life out of the game with all this biz crapola. When you see owners, coaches, officials, getting as much or more primetime then the players….(imho) I see that as the game dying slowly.


    No one, not a single person ever thought the NBA would ever take over the ABA, but it did, the ABA was considered the most exciting incredible league known to man in terms of style and grace, and the NBA slowly took the ABA's stars away and eliminated their fan base


    this can happen again.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    If the players were too greedy to accept the last proposal that the owners left on the table, they'll be too greedy to accept the start-up costs of starting a new league. Outside investors? Yeah, right...then the lockout ends and "oops, sorry chump...I'm going back to my day job."

    Also, starting up a new league is a monumental task; it won't happen in a year. This lockout will be over long before such a project even gets past the brainstorming session.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,931
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    No one, not a single person ever thought the NBA would ever take over the ABA, but it did, the ABA was considered the most exciting incredible league known to man in terms of style and grace, and the NBA slowly took the ABA's stars away and eliminated their fan base


    this can happen again.
    This is why the NBA started the D.League, after they sabotage the old CBA league

  6. #6
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,262
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    This is why the NBA started the D.League, after they sabotage the old CBA league

    come on man, I try to under stand you and then you go and break my heart again with your nonsense.

    that is not why they started the D-league at all

    and the CBA wasnt sabotaged by the NBA at all. Isiah thomas purchased the CBA league for 10 million dollars in 1999 and within two years sunk the league by maintaining a single ownership policy, which he abandoned after being offered a head coaching job for the indiana pacers team, Thomas placed the league into a blind trust, after not being able to sell the league in order to accept his coaching position in indiana. So Isiah abandons the league, leaving it in 2 million dollars debt, ; the International basketball association attempted to puchase the assets of the CBA but was unable to do so, leaving the league defunct


    Isiah thomas single handedly bought the CBA league, abandoned it in mid stream with no one there to pick up the pieces

    The NBA had nothing to do with it what so ever bro.

    I actually used to root for the Long island Surf with howard brown lol he was a beast.


    any way.

  7. #7
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    This is why the NBA started the D.League, after they sabotage the old CBA league
    LOL

    Omg Kiya.. Slap yourself for saying something so dumb, right across the face. Hard.

  8. #8
    Veteran AmareForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    This is why the NBA started the D.League, after they sabotage the old CBA league

Similar Threads

  1. Futbol*appreciation*thread
    By KING~POETIQ in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 395
    Last Post: Jan 31, 2014, 16:40
  2. NBA Breakout out Players for 2011
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Aug 09, 2010, 03:03
  3. Basketball's New League Rival
    By BrianMan in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Jul 09, 2010, 00:19
  4. Official 2008 MLB Off Season Thread
    By jpz17 in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: Feb 04, 2009, 21:19
  5. What's Wrong With The League 2
    By ShairanXIII in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: Jun 19, 2007, 11:11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •