Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 Trades I Thought Of

Default 2 Trades I Thought Of

Knicks get- Roddy Beaubois, Ian Mahinmi and Marcus Cousin
    Mavs get- Groan Tragic, Ronnie Turiaf, Josh Harrellson and Terrence Williams
    Rockets get- Brendan Haywood and Toney Douglas

Knicks get- OJ Mayo and Josh Selby
    Grizzled get- Landry Fields, Andy Rautins and cash

C- Cousin/Mahinmi/Jordan
    F- Stoudemire/Martin(FA)
    F- Anthony/Williams
    G- Mayo/Beaubois
    G- Billups/Shumpert/Selby

Veteran

Originally Posted by CA7

C- Cousin/Mahinmi/Jordan
    F- Stoudemire/Martin(FA)
    F- Anthony/Williams
    G- Mayo/Beaubois
    The Grizzlies would not do that trade. Rautins is basically a scrub and Mayo, as much as he has some question marks, is still a tremendously talented player.

I don't know about the first one - I have a feeling that the Mavericks aren't going to let Brendan Haywood go just for Turiaf and Jorts, the latter of whom probably isn't even going to be an NBA player for long. And they have a love affair with Beaubois so I don't see them letting him go...just my hunches.

Unless the other centers surprises, they are not better than Turiaf. Mayo is getting a new contract, and the Grizzlies might not even able to afford him. We don't want to spend whatever money we have on a SG even if we get him as a free agent.

Mahimi makes things happen on the court, but I don't know why he didn't get much playing time.

I don't see why the Grizzlies would do that trade. OJ Mayo has all star potential imo. Though if we did get Mayo I wouldn't see the point of keeping TD since Mayo can basically do everything that TD does and better. And on the 1st trade, I agree with SSJWingzero, I doubt the Mavericks would let Haywood go for just Turiaf and Harrellson.

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Mahimi makes things happen on the court, but I don't know why he didn't get much playing time.
    Its because he's way too foul prone. If he did fix that I think he would become a very solid center imo.

Superstar

Originally Posted by CA7

C- Cousin/Mahinmi/Jordan
    F- Stoudemire/Martin(FA)
    F- Anthony/Williams
    G- Mayo/Beaubois
    I like where you're going with this -- I brought up something similar in the "if you can trade one player" thread a few days ago. Over there, I was talking about putting together something with Houston for Dragic AND Cousin. Those would be my two targets (I view Dragic as a better talent than Beaubois, with more PG tendencies and more size to utilize when swinging over to SG, and Cousin as a better C prospect than Mahinmi, Brendan Haywood, or anyone else we're talking about here, including our own young Cs, Jordan & Harrellson --- although I do like Mahinmi's potential. Good call.). And you went one step further than I did, involving a 3rd team. Another good call.

If we could pull off each proposal exactly as you laid it out, I think every Knick fan would be very happy. I know I would. Thing is, both proposals feel a little light to me in terms of what we'd have to give up, esp. the 1st one dealing with Houston. Houston to me would (should) be looking for two things at this point: (1) replenishing or better yet, adding to the nice group of young/inexpensive tradeable assets they've suddenly accumulated and (2) legit star power to go along with Kevin Martin. We can't offer them #2 outright (we're at the point now where we have to fill in around our own stars and finally make a run at this thing), so the next best thing would be to help them restock their assets, probably going a tick or two higher in order to really entice them. That's why on the other thread I recommended including a pick, possibly multiple picks within the next couple of years, whenever we have them available. I understand we dealt away a lot of picks up to this point but what's the point of holding onto the few we might have left now?? You figure those picks would be lower-type picks anyway, now that we have Amar'e AND Melo in place--if they weren't, that would mean something really went horribly wrong... Also, you figure we will always have the opportunity to purchase/trade for similar picks to the one(s) we'd be giving up in this scenario, if it came down to it... Houston might consider guys like Dragic and Cousin tradeable assets at this point and not necessarily part of their immediate future; guys they could turn around and maybe use to get a star, maybe in a deal similar to the one we made with Denver for Anthony. I say offer to replenish with similar assets, going a tick or two higher using additional draft assets and cash to entice. That could get it done possibly, although including a 3rd team to the mix is a good call too and could also be an option.

-------------------------

Quick question -- when you mentioned Dallas it made me think of Nick Calathes for a sec. Where is he right now? Anyone know? Greece still? The Mavericks acquired Calathes in a draft night trade a few years ago, sending a future second-round pick to the Timberwolves for his rights..Do they still have those rights? Big 6'5" PG/Florida standout that can really shoot it and move the ball. Just sayin'...If I couldn't put anything together with Houston for Dragic and/or Cousin, maybe I turn my attention to Dallas and see if I could strike a sensible deal with Cuban for a Mahinmi/Calathes package. Calathes is actually pretty similar to Goran Dragic when you think about style of play..
    Last edited by finestrg; Aug 13, 2011 at 11:44.

Veteran

Unhappy

If anyone watched Cousin's rookie season they would know Cousin's potential reach close to D.Howard first two seasons in the NBA. His emotional negative attitude....75% belongs to the Kings poor coaching staff.
    The Kings management and owners would become the laughing joke of the NBA if they trade Cousin before his 4 year rookie contract.

Haywood & Turiaf are equal in trade one being a backup-center the other being a backup-PF.

Mayo performance degressed, while we know Fields & TD are hard work-ethic players who performance has improve each year in college to NBA.

Superstar

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    If anyone watched Cousin's rookie season they would know Cousin's potential reach close to D.Howard first two seasons in the NBA. His emotional negative attitude....75% belongs to the Kings poor coaching staff.
    The Kings management and owners would become the laughing joke of the NBA if they trade Cousin before his 4 year rookie contract.

Haywood & Turiaf are equal in trade one being a backup-center the other being a backup-PF.

Mayo performance degressed, while we know Fields & TD are hard work-ethic players who performance has improve each year in college to NBA.
    We're talking Marcus Cousin of the Rockets dude, formerly of the NBDL Austin Toros..Not DeMarcus Cousins. Two different players.

Originally Posted by finestrg
    We're talking Marcus Cousin of the Rockets dude, formerly of the NBDL Austin Toros..Not DeMarcus Cousins. Two different players.
    Now if the Kings traded us Cousins.....I'd be all for it.

Of course, no GM is that stupid.

Superstar

Now if the Kings traded us Cousins.....I'd be all for it.

Of course, no GM is that stupid.
    Bottom line, you give me a 7 footer with Cousin's skillset (jumpingjack rebounder, good athlete, runs the floor well--he's no track star but definitely not a loafer, can block a shot, an absolute LIGHTS OUT jumpshooter from 15-18', good FT shooter too--over 80%--this dude just screams 'skilled' to me every time I've seen him play) and a LEGIT PG for the future, this way I don't have to say 10 our-fathers and 5 hail-marys every night that Shumpert's the guy OR CP3 joins the Knicks in a yr. or 2, I'll be a very happy camper. Gimme a Marcus Cousin/Goran Dragic combination coming back in a deal that doesn't bleed us to death and I'm ready to take on anybody, whether CP3 comes or not.

Grizzlies would laugh as they hang up the phone if you proposed that deal.

Originally Posted by CA7
    Mavs get- Groan Tragic
    Groan Tragic??

A deep inarticulate sound that is regrettably unpleasant and causing extreme sorrow? Or a typo?

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Groan Tragic??

A deep inarticulate sound that is regrettably unpleasant and causing extreme sorrow? Or a typo?
    looooooooool

Lurker

Default OJ Mayo & DeAndre Jordan

Is there any way (trade, FA) that Mayo & DeAndre could become Knicks in the near future?
    I think they would be GREAT fits for the Knicks..!!

DeAndre Jordan
    Stoudemire
    Anthony
    Mayo
    Billups
    Any thoughts, idea's? Looking forward, thanks!

Originally Posted by AuthenticMelo
    Is there any way (trade, FA) that Mayo & DeAndre could become Knicks in the near future?
    I think they would be GREAT fits for the Knicks..!!

DeAndre Jordan
    Stoudemire
    Anthony
    Mayo
    Billups
    Any thoughts, idea's? Looking forward, thanks!
    I'd love that. Sadly, it's not gonna happen. We won't have the money, and if we're gonna have an opportunity at one of the Clippers' centers, it'd be Kaman (who I would like).

Lurker

I'd love that. Sadly, it's not gonna happen. We won't have the money, and if we're gonna have an opportunity at one of the Clippers' centers, it'd be Kaman (who I would like).
    i think mayo could be done, but like you said, Jordan probably not.. and a Jordan type of player is more needed than an OJ Mayo kind of player! Please, let the offseason begin !!