Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 Trades I Thought Of

Lurker

and kaman, i'd rather take Nene for the MLE, since he said money ain't an issue...

Superstar

Originally Posted by AuthenticMelo
    and kaman, i'd rather take Nene for the MLE, since he said money ain't an issue...
    If it came down to it, both guys play hard but I'd prefer Kaman over Nene. As long as Kaman's healthy, I think there's potential for more production across the board with Kaman. Right now his health may still be a question mark though...

I don't see how we'd be able to get either guy. Right now we're at $60.612M team salary for this season and that's w/o Shump, Jorts and whatever other minor salaries we decide to add to round out the roster. We're just gonna have to see what the new CBA dictates but as of right now, we're already over last year's cap limit. If they instill this hard cap, which way will it go? We've heard as low as $45M and as high as $75M so far...Just gonna have to see. If the cap either remains the same or drops and the MLE rules stay the same, we won't be able to use it since we'd be entering the season already over the cap. So that would mean no Nene..

Kaman's set to make $12.2M this year..Again if rules remain similar or exactly the same, we'd have to pretty much go dollar for dollar in a trade to get him. That would mean trading Billups and I'm not sure that's a wise move this early. It'd be robbing Peter to pay Paul...If we trade Billups at this point we'd have to import a starting PG in the trade along with Kaman..I mean could we get Eric Bledsoe in the deal too? Doubtful. Now your talking Billups and a major asset or two. To get Kaman by himself it would probably take more than just Chauncey & cash..And other options the Clips have on their roster, namely Randy Foye & Willie Warren (Mo Williams would be too expensive), wouldn't help us..We might be better served holding onto Billups and just going with Turiaf/Jordan/Jorts in the middle to start off. Probably need Chauncey's stability & leadership a little more right now over a Chris Kaman.

Lurker

Originally Posted by finestrg
    If it came down to it, both guys play hard but I'd prefer Kaman over Nene. As long as Kaman's healthy, I think there's potential for more production across the board with Kaman. Right now his health may still be a question mark though...

I don't see how we'd be able to get either guy. Right now we're at $60.612M team salary for this season and that's w/o Shump, Jorts and whatever other minor salaries we decide to add to round out the roster. We're just gonna have to see what the new CBA dictates but as of right now, we're already over last year's cap limit. If they instill this hard cap, which way will it go? We've heard as low as $45M and as high as $75M so far...Just gonna have to see. If the cap either remains the same or drops and the MLE rules stay the same, we won't be able to use it since we'd be entering the season already over the cap. So that would mean no Nene..

Kaman's set to make $12.2M this year..Again if rules remain similar or exactly the same, we'd have to pretty much go dollar for dollar in a trade to get him. That would mean trading Billups and I'm not sure that's a wise move this early. It'd be robbing Peter to pay Paul...If we trade Billups at this point we'd have to import a starting PG in the trade along with Kaman..I mean could we get Eric Bledsoe in the deal too? Doubtful. Now your talking Billups and a major asset or two. To get Kaman by himself it would probably take more than just Chauncey & cash..And other options the Clips have on their roster, namely Randy Foye & Willie Warren (Mo Williams would be too expensive), wouldn't help us..We might be better served holding onto Billups and just going with Turiaf/Jordan/Jorts in the middle to start off. Probably need Chauncey's stability & leadership a little more right now over a Chris Kaman.
    Great point. After all, it's not a video game.. :-)
    I'd rather keep Billups in as well, definitely until February.. things will improve i guess if we get rid of his 14$ contract.
    I do still think OJ Mayo could refine his career playing for the Knicks, either being a starter, or as a sixth man. Even Shannon Brown could be a great fit, but i think his value will be higher than Mayo's. What about trying to get Wilson Chandler back as a sixth? Could be great playing at the 2, 3 or even 4 spot.. But then again, salaries. I bet Chandler would die to get back to NY.

Let's say you got:

Billups - Shumpert
    Mayo - Fields - Walker
    Anthony - Brown
    Stoudemire - Williams
    Turiaf - J. Jordan - Harrelson

I think this will work until February.. What will happen afterwards is just a guess i guess :-) Dwight, CP3, maybe more assets to become a more balanced team with bigger bench,..?

Veteran

Since Brand departure from the Clippers I have not seen "Kaman" step up
    to the plate in one game in 3 years....Kaman has become a 12 minute injury-
    prone role-player. We get more out of Turiaf then the Clippers get from Kaman.
    Blake Griffin had an outstanding rookie season tandem-up with DeAndre
    Jordan.....I do not see the Clippers distroying the chemistry of their two
    dominating bigmen "Griffin & DeAndre" the next 3 years. The Clippers gave
    up to much to get rid of lockerroom cancer PG-Davis to get in return a
    backup PG-Mo Williams. I wouldve took my chances on draft picks PG-Knight
    and PG-Kemba Walker.

Kaman has been on the trade-block the past two seasons with no interest
    from any NBA teams.

Nene and Amare would make a great bigman-tandem in the East.

I know its nearly impossible to acquire him, but I'd take Nene over Kaman. His game is more suited for the center position and would alleviate some of the punishment STAT receives down the block. This guy is a bruiser and will not back down from anyone. Plays on both ends of the floor.