Jorts - the HERO

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basket...Josh-Harrellson-shows-his-su?urn=ncaab-wp4175

Ex-Kentucky big man Josh Harrellson shows his superhero side

By Jeff Eisenberg

We already knew ultra-charismatic ex-Kentucky big man Josh Harrellson has a knack for grabbing rebounds and defending the paint.
Now we know he also has a heroic streak.
According to WKYT-TV, Harrellson and some friends were standing in the parking lot of a Lexington bar on Saturday night when they noticed a visibly drunk man getting into the driver's seat of a truck. That man then started to back up his truck really fast in the direction of Harrellson and his friends, prompting the man best known to Kentucky fans as "Jorts" to jump into action.
"I just pushed everybody out of the way, and then bam ? right into my truck," Harrellson told WKYT.
"About four or five of us guys jumped on the truck and reached in there and turned the keys off and just tried to make sure he wasn't going anywhere."
"We were just worried because he could have put it in drive at any time and maybe ran somebody over, or while our arms were in the car, just kept going and we could have been drug or something. I'm the type of guy that, I want to make sure everybody else is alright. I saw it, I moved out of the way, I'm fine. My truck got hit, that's replaceable. I was just thankful nobody got hurt and the kids were fine."
It would be commendable if anyone showed that kind of compassion for others, but it's especially impressive that Harrellson was so unselfish. The 6-foot-10 big man cannot afford a severe injury right now because he's attempting to win a spot with the New York Knicks -- who drafted him in the second round -- whenever the NBA lockout clears.
Fortunately Harrellson escaped with little damage, though his truck wasn't so lucky.
"It's got a nice little dent in the back," he said. "I don't know what's going to happen, hopefully the guy has insurance. You know, lives aren't replaceable so I'd definitely do it again."

nyk_nyk

All Star
I think what really happened was, Jorts shoelace was untied and he tripped which sent his momentum into his friends thus giving the illusion that he pushed them out the way.

Jorts however will take credit since his only claim to fame was being a late 2nd rd pick and probably wanted to impress some nice Amish girl with Kristen Stewart swagger.

(Larry David moment) :thumbsup:

New New York

Quiet Storm
I think what really happened was, Jorts shoelace was untied and he tripped which sent his momentum into his friends thus giving the illusion that he pushed them out the way.

Jorts however will take credit since his only claim to fame was being a late 2nd rd pick and probably wanted to impress some nice Amish girl with Kristen Stewart swagger.

(Larry David moment) :thumbsup:

Very Nice!!!! +1 for that