Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: LBJ for Dwight?

  1. #1
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default LBJ for Dwight?

    ESPN had proposed this trade and to me it sure makes a lot of sense for both franchises!

    so why would both teams do such a move?

    For Orlando it comes down to to stability! You trade a mega star who could possibly walk for one who you have for the next 5 seasons!

    I mean Lebron is signed to a long term deal, so Orlando knows they have a franchise player for years to come. They no doubt make the playoffs and will be a top team in The East. Now are they a championship team, no...but they are not one now either!

    What's the risk? well Lebron will not be happy about this deal and he will be bitter for a bit....yet he could be driven, this could give himself a chance to prove he can lead a team by himself! But make no mistake about it, Lebron would be pissed. But could that drive him? Plus there is not much hope that they can make this team much better anytime soon thanks to that December deal w/ Phoenix and Washington, basically Hedo and Gilbert are on the books for 3 more years and no one is gonna trade for either one.

    But with Van Gundy coaching, Nelson, Gilbert (albiet a shell of his old self), Hedo, JJ Reddick and Brandon Bass making a nice core of players to surrond Lebron with to be a relevant team in the league, again if they only had Gortat still they would have a legit shot at winning The East.


    I would pull the trigger on this deal in a hearbeat!



    For Miami they trade away one of the single best players in the league and actually improve!

    Chalmers or Bibby
    Wade
    Mike Miller
    Bosh
    Howard

    That is a perfectly rounded starting 5 and they actually are more scary than their current lineup. Mike Miller, Chalmers and Bosh's ability to spread the floor opens so much opportunity for D Wade and Dwight.

    Now the quasi risk is that Dwight could walk at the end of the season but Dwight claims he is about winning and no way he doesnt win a title with this team....plus lets say he walks, that clears space for Mia. to go after Chris Paul or Deron Williams! Which either move (Paul or Williams) keeps Miami a title contender this is a low risk high reward move for Mia.

    But I Highly doubt Dwight would walk, think about it if they came to Dwight while they were steam rolling the league and offered him max money for max years (whatever that will be in the new CBA) he would not say no! He would be winning, getting his money and would still be regarded as the best Center in the League.


    Sound Off!!!!

  2. #2
    Member InGodsHands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    342
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I think LBJ doesn't want to play with scrubs again like he did for 7 years in Cleveland. He went to MIA to play with 2 superstars, who are his buddies so I don't see that trade happening.

  3. #3
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by InGodsHands
    I think LBJ doesn't want to play with scrubs again like he did for 7 years in Cleveland. He went to MIA to play with 2 superstars, who are his buddies so I don't see that trade happening.

    gotta remember he literally has no leverage in saying where he plays! Miami can trade him anywhere they see fit!

    Now likely this trade does not go down, but it won't be because Lebron has say so!

    Again if I was Riley or Otis Smith I would do this deal

  4. #4
    Veteran AmareForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    If Lebron got traded to Orlando he can kiss his dreams of ever winning a championship good bye. All he'll have is a bunch of scrubs and a bloated contract in Gilbert Arenas.

  5. #5
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,262
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    If Lebron got traded to Orlando he can kiss his dreams of ever winning a championship good bye. All he'll have is a bunch of scrubs and a bloated contract in Gilbert Arenas.

    HOW ABOUT CLOSE THREAD

    GO TO PROSPORTSDAILY AND POST THIS CRAP

    SINCE WHEN WAS THIS A MIAMI HEAT FORUM ????

    IDIOT

  6. #6
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    HOW ABOUT CLOSE THREAD

    GO TO PROSPORTSDAILY AND POST THIS CRAP

    SINCE WHEN WAS THIS A MIAMI HEAT FORUM ????

    IDIOT
    WOW your hate for The Heat has literally blinded you and made you dumb!


    This thread is in the NBA section on the forum, which is where posters are allowed to post about other teams and players who are not Knicks!

    Fail!

  7. #7
    Knicks Guru hometheaterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,017
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    How about Amare for Dwight?!?! I actually think this makes some much sense for BOTH teams... With Dwight, Melo becomes the focus scorer and breaks the grid lock that was caused by having 2 players that demands the offense runs through them. If you are Orlando, you can sell a super star for a super star... You bring in a guy that can step right in and elevate the team. Also, Amare is from Florida so he will be closer to his home than ever... I have actually seen this scenario at a few sites; yard barker; espn... Both sites have stated that the Knicks would have to include Billups expiring contract to take one of the bloated contracts back with Howard... I think if the Kicks stood their ground, they could do a 1 for 1 swap with maybe having to include a pick or maybe a young talent like Fields...

  8. #8
    Veteran AmareForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by hometheaterguy
    How about Amare for Dwight?!?! I actually think this makes some much sense for BOTH teams... With Dwight, Melo becomes the focus scorer and breaks the grid lock that was caused by having 2 players that demands the offense runs through them. If you are Orlando, you can sell a super star for a super star... You bring in a guy that can step right in and elevate the team. Also, Amare is from Florida so he will be closer to his home than ever... I have actually seen this scenario at a few sites; yard barker; espn... Both sites have stated that the Knicks would have to include Billups expiring contract to take one of the bloated contracts back with Howard... I think if the Kicks stood their ground, they could do a 1 for 1 swap with maybe having to include a pick or maybe a young talent like Fields...
    There is no way Orlando would want to take Amare's contract. Also if they did they would probably want us to take Gilbert Arenas who is probably the worst contract in the NBA.

  9. #9
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,262
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    it doesnt matter if its in the NBA forum section, keep lebrons name out of your mouth on this website period.

    youre dumb

    fantasizing in your spare time about lebron trades to the magic

    sick.

  10. #10
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,464
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    It would make the Heat a powerhouse defensively and Dwayne Wade would have the freedom to run the offense and just feed Bosh/Dwight all day


    I dont know any team that could stop that front court except for maybe Portland(Aldridge, Camby) and the Lakers (Gasol, Bynum),

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    186
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Crazier trades have been made, but I don't see it happening

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •