Hoopsworld: Iman Gearing Up For Debut Season

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
IMAN SHUMPERT

I like the demeanour! Grounded, honest and thinking large.

Wants to play point!

Now all we have to do is wait for the players association to concede the greed, and we'll be that much closer to the unveiling of one Iman Shumpert.

Can

Not

Wait

!

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Nice video. Now I'm hyped about him. I enjoy the way he talks and everything.

Iman and Fields gonna go to work next season!

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE

My Goodness! I didn't realize Shump could jump so high. Can't wait to see him in action.

Plus, he can rap! lol

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
For a sec in that video I thought he was running on the treadmill next to The Situation from Jersey Shore

That being said Shumpert's got mad hops and I can't wait to see him in a dunk contest...as long as he actually contributes on the court, the last thing we need is some guy who can win dunk contests and can't actually, well, play.

I'm so glad we drafted this guy, he seems like such a hard worker and is so glad that we picked him. Hope he turns out to be at least a Tony Allen!

New New York

Quiet Storm
This is my favorite Knick already!!!

I read an interview where he said Jason Kidd is his favorite player because how he can dominate the game with out scoring....so mature! Plus we have scorers for sure and need more players with that sort of mentality

SHUMP for Prez

nyk_nyk

All Star
Everything in the video I spoke about back in June. Guys just weren't familiar with him but now you see some glimpses of what I was talking about. For everyone that bashed the pick at first, you will regret it.
:gony:

TheBigCock

Benchwarmer
Guy is a physical beast.
On draft night I was pissy because he was the only guy I didn't want the Knicks to draft.
After seeing stuff like this, the guy looks like a steal.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
These vidz are crazy but I want to see some scrimmage footage. He's gotta be playing somewhere. I want to see him reading the game.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Shump is an INCREDIBLE athlete who we KNOW is an amazing defender.

WORST CASE SCENARIO has him as being about as good as Tony Allen, but Shumpert is a far better athlete than Tony Allen so he's going to tear this **** up!

finestrg

Rotation player
My guy was Marshon Brooks in this draft but in retrospect, I think we got a REAL GOOD PLAYER here in Shumpert. Probably a better fit too eventually...Billups ain't gonna be around forever, Brooks is a 2 all the way and Douglas, while he can do some nice things, isn't lead guard/point guard material. This kid is. Just as much potential as Brooks, probably more. The things that he may not do as well at this point (running an offense, jumpshot consistency) will get better..You can just tell. He wants to be a PG, has the skill to do so and his jumpshot mechanics are very sound. You never know with Mike and his rookies, but I just get the feeling that Shumpert has a major impact right outta the gate in year 1. If Chauncey ever goes down for an extended period, I could see this kid sliding right into the starting PG role and never looking back.

This team is really coming together nicely. Amar'e/Melo at the top - two stars, Billups for the time being at the point, a lot of backcourt depth with Shumpert, TD, Fields, Billy Walker, Rautins (Shumpert/Fields has all the makings of really nice starting backcourt duo we can look forward to at some point -- can't wait to see them play together), and some nice potential in the middle with Jordan & Jorts..You figure Shawne Williams is coming back off the good year and if not, we kept Derrick Brown. If Brown doesn't work out, there's a plethora of guys available out there with nice talent that we could get for cheap money for frontcourt depth at the 3 and 4 (Tim Abromaitis, Jamelle Horne, DeShawn Sims, Joe Alexander, maybe Jeff Adrien as another rebounding/hustle 4 behind Amar'e). We could still use another couple of pieces, but a lot seems to be in place already.

Yeah, Shumpert is unbelievably impressive, both on and off the court. I tell ya what, if he makes the major strides right away that I think he could make, I might forget all about this CP3 stuff. We might be better served using that Chris Paul cap room to fill out the rest of the roster smartly, depending on what the new cap is gonna be. And depending on what Shumpert's gonna be. I can't wait to see Shump in game action man!!! I see a sky's the limit type of player here. At the very least, he's an NBA rotation player..A bigger, far superior option over Toney Douglas..Here's the latest Shumpert workout video floatin' around, just in case you guys haven't seen it yet. The jumper's really coming along and I love the dribble drills. The kid's body in NBA-ready right now, no question about that, and his potential skill-wise is off the charts..I just love the fact that he's putting the work in and staying ready -- a big part of what makes him so damn impressive early on so far:

Last edited:

finestrg

Rotation player
Hey, what's the latest on Amar'e's back situation? Haven't heard anything in awhile. Anyone know? I read where Melo said he's 100% and his arm/elbow thing is a non-issue --- how 'bout STAT and his back?? We need STAT 100% man..