Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Amare may not be ready if season starts on time?

  1. #1
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Amare may not be ready if season starts on time?

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Got damn that ****s taking forever to heal..

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,054
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    DAMN! I seen it coming

    The Knicks are getting to predictable

  3. #3
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    DAMN! I seen it coming

    The Knicks are getting to predictable

    relax guy

    has nothing to do with the knicks, why you arent a nets fan by now is beyond me

    its a pulled back muscle, who can predict or prognosticate on an injury that has nothing to do with a players history of injuries, eye-knees, healthy all year, one game, one dunk, pulled back muscle


    and now you get on the knicks for it

    so then its the lakers fault that bynum is hurt all the time

    or its the rockets fault yao had to retire early

    or maybe we should blame the magic for grant hills woes

    kiya

    as usual

    you

    are

    a

    fool

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    182
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Isola, enough said.

  5. #5
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    LOL!!!

    Its a pulled muscle! what Gallo had was 10 x worst and he has not missed a game because of his back since his rookie season

    This report says he's 90% and thats a month from training camp (if it even starts on time).

    No Worries!

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,054
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    relax guy has nothing to do with the knicks, why you arent a nets fan by now is beyond me its a pulled back muscle, who can predict or prognosticate on an injury that has nothing to do with a players history of injuries, eye-knees, healthy all year, one game, one dunk, pulled back muscle and now you get on the knicks for it so then its the lakers fault that bynum is hurt all the time or its the rockets fault yao had to retire early or maybe we should blame the magic for grant hills woes kiya as usual you are
    What are u babblin about?
    So what....Im not happy with Stat injury lasting 5 months.
    u already showed this board u know little about B.Ball? It would
    be a suprise if u played B.Ball further than your drive way hoop?

    u are clueless of what a $20M per player does to a roster?
    yet two $20M per players?
    or are u just a dum-dum to this "CAP" lockout between owners vs players?

    There will be a 2011-12 NBA season with an unprepared Knicks team.....
    If Stat & Melo can not find away to coexist consistantly.....an INJURY will occur.

    u cant teach, learn, or play "team-defense" on the fly from only a week of Training-Camp.

  7. #7
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    What are u babblin about?
    So what....Im not happy with Stat injury lasting 5 months.
    u already showed this board u know little about B.Ball? It would
    be a suprise if u played B.Ball further than your drive way hoop?

    u are clueless of what a $20M per player does to a roster?
    yet two $20M per players?
    or are u just a dum-dum to this "CAP" lockout between owners vs players?

    There will be a 2011-12 NBA season with an unprepared Knicks team.....
    If Stat & Melo can not find away to coexist consistantly.....an INJURY will occur.

    u cant teach, learn, or play "team-defense" on the fly from only a week of Training-Camp.


    you are the most laughed at poster on this forum kiya, literally most laughed at.

    my argument was that you blamed the knicks for his injury, saying you are not surprised that the knicks would what sign a player who injures his back, which was no part of his injury history, now you are speaking about team-defense ? and 20 million dollar players killing a roster ? mean while you dont win in this league with out a carmelo anthony, or an amare.

    and then take personal shots at me , mean while I played basketball and coached basketball for 25 out of the 30 years I have been on this earth ranging from top lupus team select on long island, to a college basketball poing guard; how far did you go with basketball ?

    ill even arrange a meeting at any court in NYC and break both of your ankles if you want to make a run at me in real life.

    I have been a solid OP threat originator and advocate for the knicks and this website since day one,

    you have been called mentally challenged, foolish, a ranter, and a horrible poster since I began reading your tired babble.

    please dont call shots, that you have no clue about; it makes you look like a hack.


    btw thanks for helping me wake up, debating is worth more than a cup of coffee with a shot of jack daniels.

    fool.

  8. #8
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    What are u babblin about?
    So what....Im not happy with Stat injury lasting 5 months.
    u already showed this board u know little about B.Ball? It would
    be a suprise if u played B.Ball further than your drive way hoop?

    u are clueless of what a $20M per player does to a roster?
    yet two $20M per players?
    or are u just a dum-dum to this "CAP" lockout between owners vs players?

    There will be a 2011-12 NBA season with an unprepared Knicks team.....
    If Stat & Melo can not find away to coexist consistantly.....an INJURY will occur.

    u cant teach, learn, or play "team-defense" on the fly from only a week of Training-Camp.
    and for calling me a dum dum

    what does suprise mean ?

    and how does stat and melo not finding a way to co-exist on a regular basis cause an injury, that makes no sense dude ?

    so if a team has poor chemistry it results in a muscle pull in a play off game on a ridiculous dunk ?

    lol, kiya the stand up comedian.

  9. #9
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    oh and kiya ...one more thing to shove in your mouth.. no homo

    for being such a negative moron

    from the horses mouth himself. This is what a 20 million dollar player does for you. He leads.

    Is this a SUPRISE to you DUM DUM.

    NYpost

    M Berman.

    Amar’e Stoudemire said he’d be ready to roll if training camp began today and he feels that the first day of camp is not as far as off people think.
    In an appearance at Harlem’s Polo Grounds Community Center as part of the Department of Youth program, the Knicks forward said he thinks the lockout will end “sooner than later.’’
    He has arranged a mid-October informal training camp for his mates in Bradenton, Fla., but isn’t definitely sure they’ll need it. Training camps are scheduled for Oct. 2 and the doom and gloom scenario is there will be no season or a much-abbreviated one.
    “I’m hearing good things about the lockout, that we’d be starting sooner than later,’’ Stoudemire said. “So that (Florida camp) would be offset. I’m not sure the change (in negotiating stance) but I do feel better about the fact we may star sooner than later. That’s a positive for us.’’
    Stoudemire has been in constant communication with Knicks guard Roger Mason, who’s on the negotiating committee and indicated he had given him good reports in the last week.
    Stoudemire, who pulled a back muscle during the Celtics series and was a non-factor after the injury, said he “feels great’’ and would “definitely’’ be ready for action. He had been resting and rehabbing much of the summer because of the back’s slow healing. He’s ready to step up his workouts Monday and is good enough to play now.
    “I feel great,’’ Stoudemire said. “Been resting all summer. That’s been my main priority and I feel great.’’
    Asked if he was nervous earlier in the summer about his back, Stoudemire said, “It was definitely a time it was sore and I didn’t know how long it would take to recover from that type of injury.’’
    The NBA and Players Association are meeting again Wednesday and Thursday. If the lockout is ongoing in mid-October, Stoudemire expects the entire Knicks team to show up to the IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla. for an informal training camp.
    Stoudemire said last week’s addition of top assistant Mike Woodson to run the defense was a good step.
    “I think it’s great,’’ Stoudemire said. “We talked about improving defensively. The addition of Mike will be positive for us. But it’s up to us as players to implement it


    Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  10. #10
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    There will be a 2011-12 NBA season with an unprepared Knicks team.....
    If Stat & Melo can not find away to coexist consistantly.....an INJURY will occur.


    Haaaaaaahaaaaaaa!!!!!!

    Kiyaman! You keep you bad juju out my Knickerbockers.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,054
    Rep Power
    19

    Angry

    Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    oh and kiya ...one more thing to shove in your mouth.. no homo

    for being such a negative moron

    from the horses mouth himself. This is what a 20 million dollar player does for you. He leads.

    Is this a SUPRISE to you DUM DUM.

    NYpost

    M Berman.

    Amar’e Stoudemire said he’d be ready to roll if training camp began today and he feels that the first day of camp is not as far as off people think.
    In an appearance at Harlem’s Polo Grounds Community Center as part of the Department of Youth program, the Knicks forward said he thinks the lockout will end “sooner than later.’’
    He has arranged a mid-October informal training camp for his mates in Bradenton, Fla., but isn’t definitely sure they’ll need it. Training camps are scheduled for Oct. 2 and the doom and gloom scenario is there will be no season or a much-abbreviated one.
    “I’m hearing good things about the lockout, that we’d be starting sooner than later,’’ Stoudemire said. “So that (Florida camp) would be offset. I’m not sure the change (in negotiating stance) but I do feel better about the fact we may star sooner than later. That’s a positive for us.’’
    Stoudemire has been in constant communication with Knicks guard Roger Mason, who’s on the negotiating committee and indicated he had given him good reports in the last week.
    Stoudemire, who pulled a back muscle during the Celtics series and was a non-factor after the injury, said he “feels great’’ and would “definitely’’ be ready for action. He had been resting and rehabbing much of the summer because of the back’s slow healing. He’s ready to step up his workouts Monday and is good enough to play now.
    “I feel great,’’ Stoudemire said. “Been resting all summer. That’s been my main priority and I feel great.’’
    Asked if he was nervous earlier in the summer about his back, Stoudemire said, “It was definitely a time it was sore and I didn’t know how long it would take to recover from that type of injury.’’
    The NBA and Players Association are meeting again Wednesday and Thursday. If the lockout is ongoing in mid-October, Stoudemire expects the entire Knicks team to show up to the IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla. for an informal training camp.
    Stoudemire said last week’s addition of top assistant Mike Woodson to run the defense was a good step.
    “I think it’s great,’’ Stoudemire said. “We talked about improving defensively. The addition of Mike will be positive for us. But it’s up to us as players to implement it



    Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    This article is why Im responding.....as far as your negative rhetoric and name-calling (fools lead to dum-dum) u should know by now all the (homo) bullshaaat on this board for years I dont get down with or respond back to.

    Its nice to read Stat finally mentioning the hiring of Woodson, being Stat is the MAN (captain) of the Knicks (not Melo or Dantoni), plus receive his big final check on July 1st for last season, filled a few team oblication with appearances, and took his family/friends on a out of country vacation.
    Last offseason when Stat was hired he took his signing bonus, made team public apperances, workout with teammates at the NY facility, then went to Isreal, and came back to NY to workout with the new Knicks teammates Turiaf, AR, Fields, and Jerome Jordan.

    We had a lockout offseason.....where it was the Knicks-players chance to step-up to the plate to form a team-work-out for the sake of the cancel summer-league games.....it was all good for the Knicks young-players when Stat called for the first team-work-out to start in mid-late July, then cancel it to early August do to back injury not fully healed.
    Stat took the center-stage of being the Knicks leadership captain by calling for (not setting-up) a team-work-out meeting in the "cap" lockout offseason.
    All Knicks-teammates were prepared for both team-workout sessions in July/Aug., including Turiaf and Jerome Jordan (they didnt leave the country untill mid/late Aug.).

  12. #12
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    This article is why Im responding.....as far as your negative rhetoric and name-calling (fools lead to dum-dum) u should know by now all the (homo) bullshaaat on this board for years I dont get down with or respond back to.

    Its nice to read Stat finally mentioning the hiring of Woodson, being Stat is the MAN (captain) of the Knicks (not Melo or Dantoni), plus receive his big final check on July 1st for last season, filled a few team oblication with appearances, and took his family/friends on a out of country vacation.
    Last offseason when Stat was hired he took his signing bonus, made team public apperances, workout with teammates at the NY facility, then went to Isreal, and came back to NY to workout with the new Knicks teammates Turiaf, AR, Fields, and Jerome Jordan.

    We had a lockout offseason.....where it was the Knicks-players chance to step-up to the plate to form a team-work-out for the sake of the cancel summer-league games.....it was all good for the Knicks young-players when Stat called for the first team-work-out to start in mid-late July, then cancel it to early August do to back injury not fully healed.
    Stat took the center-stage of being the Knicks leadership captain by calling for (not setting-up) a team-work-out meeting in the "cap" lockout offseason.
    All Knicks-teammates were prepared for both team-workout sessions in July/Aug., including Turiaf and Jerome Jordan (they didnt leave the country untill mid/late Aug.).


    so dating back to your earlier argument

    you are stating that the knicks wasted 20 million dollars; because our captain was unable to impliment a mini training camp organized by himself; due to a lock out situation because he was nursing a pulled back muscle ?

    As far as im concerned he put his team first by not attending the work outs, in order to fully recover from his back injury, and not extend his healing time by running around for no reason.

    I am sorry dude, I Respect you as a fan because i know how passionately you love your knicks; but in all honesty your arguments make little sense.

    Its negativo at best, and you really need to check it at the door.

    You cannot tell me the knicks wasted 20 million dollars on a top 5 scorer in the league, a true leader and a solid top 5 PF in this league, to compliment Carmelo, and a still youthful and improving roster.

    its the off season and you are calling for heads already, when we should be excited about the prognosis of how good we really can be if we do one thing

    shore up our defense.

    it has nothing to do with 20 million dollars or missed fabricated mini camps related to a locked out off season.

    enough.

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,054
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    so dating back to your earlier argument you are stating that the knicks wasted 20 million dollars; because our captain was unable to impliment a mini training camp organized by himself; due to a lock out situation because he was nursing a pulled back muscle ?

    As far as im concerned he put his team first by not attending the work outs, in order to fully recover from his back injury, and not extend his healing time by running around for no reason.
    I am sorry dude, I Respect you as a fan because i know how passionately you love your knicks; but in all honesty your arguments make little sense.
    Its negativo at best, and you really need to check it at the door.
    You cannot tell me the knicks wasted 20 million dollars on a top 5 scorer in the league, a true leader and a solid top 5 PF in this league, to compliment Carmelo, and a still youthful and improving roster.
    its the off season and you are calling for heads already, when we should be excited about the prognosis of how good we really can be if we do one thing shore up our defense.
    it has nothing to do with 20 million dollars or missed fabricated mini camps related to a locked out off season.
    enough.
    Why do u keep bringing up the $20M per thing?
    I mention the $20M per for 6 reasons.....

    1) Stern pushed for a $45M "cap" before the lockout.
    2) The Knicks being over the $45M cap with just 3 of their players ($50M).
    3) The Knicks roster has 9 players under contract (total $60M), 4 of the
    9 players have 2 or less years in the NBA, plus we will need the MLE added
    within the new "cap" agreement.
    4) Rumors have the Knicks signing 3 Rookies to full next season roster.
    5) We have two $20M players in which one couldve started the team
    work-out in mid/late July or early Aug. (for the sake of the 7 young Knicks
    players)....if Stat wouldve held up to his financial support or compromise the
    financial bill with Melo & Billups.
    6) It was Stat's call....it was suppose to be an act for the team. injury
    or not Stat shouldve followed up when Billups was fully healed for contact
    workouts on Aug 5th. Stat's support couldve been financially & coaching.

Similar Threads

  1. ESPN Sophmore Rankings
    By Paul1355 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: Apr 24, 2010, 11:40
  2. Sophomore 20
    By knickzrulezH20 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Apr 15, 2010, 20:49
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jul 22, 2009, 20:48
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: Jul 05, 2009, 21:41
  5. Jay Williams
    By Skyhi300 in forum NBA
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jan 17, 2005, 13:14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •