Thread: Impact Basketball Competitive Training Series

Superstar

Default Impact Basketball Competitive Training Series

This 2-week league is set to start today out in Vegas. I've read that anywhere from 60-80 NBA player will be participating. I don't think it's supposed to be televised but there were some rumors that the games might be streamed online. I'd give my left nut to watch these games man...LOL. Anyone know if they'll be available to watch somewhere??

Impactbball.com is the website

The Knicks players are on team D which has Iman Shumpert, Shawne Williams, Roger Mason Jr. and Chauncey Billups will join in week 2.

Their first game is against Team E today at 7:30.

You should be able to watch it live stream on the websit. Im trying to find information about it now.

Superstar

Is there any more information on this. I'm curious as well. I want to watch some of these games.

Superstar

The impactbball.com website is disappointing to say the least. No live streaming of the games like I thought we were gonna get (hopefully they'll provide the games after the fact somehow) and they tally the stats on a not-so-easy-to-read spreadsheet instead of using traditional box scores. No idea if our squad even won the game or not. Looks like our boy Iman had a real nice 1st game though: 11-14 FG (1-4 from 3), 25 pts, 6 rebs, 2 dimes & a block with only 1 TO.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Originally Posted by finestrg
    The impactbball.com website is disappointing to say the least. No live streaming of the games like I thought we were gonna get (hopefully they'll provide the games after the fact somehow) and they tally the stats on a not-so-easy-to-read spreadsheet instead of using traditional box scores. No idea if our squad even won the game or not. Looks like our boy Iman had a real nice 1st game though: 11-14 FG (1-4 from 3), 25 pts, 6 rebs, 2 dimes & a block with only 1 TO.

Damn nice line from Iman..

I heard team D lost on a Mo williams buzzer beater tho. Damon Jones was said to be very ipset afterwards lol.

Superstar

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    Damn nice line from Iman..

I heard team D lost on a Mo williams buzzer beater tho. Damon Jones was said to be very ipset afterwards lol.
    Damn Mo Williams again, huh? Dude's always been a thorn in our side, I swear..LOL. I wonder if Iman was on him when he hit that shot. If so, welcome to the NBA young fella! Sort of..

Talking about this over on Tommy Dee's blog if anyone's interested. Some dude posted video from thatsportsbabe.com. Nothing Earth-shattering, just a few game action clips and a little on-the-court interview with Shump:

Last edited by finestrg; Sep 13, 2011 at 13:24.

this league is B.S I tried so hard to find the games on live stream...you would think that they would say on the front page of their website how to watch the game from the internet...smh

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    this league is B.S I tried so hard to find the games on live stream...you would think that they would say on the front page of their website how to watch the game from the internet...smh
    Exactly smh...I actually hadn't heard about this league until like a week ago

Superstar

Another solid statline for Shump in game 2:

8-14 FG (3-4 from 3), 19 pts, 10 rebs, 3 assists, 1 steal, 0 TOs. Very nice.

In this game 2, squad D (us) played squad C. Almost everyone on squad C went off on us: Kyle Lowry (20 pts, 20 assts, 4 rebs, 5 steals), Jared Dudley (24 pts, 9 rebs, 8 assts, 3 steals), Austin Daye (33 pts on 16-26 FG, 6 rebs), Alan Henderson (11 pts, 10 rebs). Not that that's all Iman's fault (obviously he's not guarding Austin Daye, probably not Alan Henderson either), but their guards, Lowry & Dudley, both had very good games though. Just sayin'. Not too worried -- I saw some game 1 clips yesterday and it doesn't look like guys are going all out. It looked to be semi-competitive, not even on par with regular Vegas Summer League..I could tell Iman wasn't going full tilt. Still played well both days...Our squad sucks compared to other teams btw -- Shump's quality - other than that we've got an over-the-hill big in Jermaine O'Neal, a journeyman PG in Jamaal Tinsley, one-dimensional 3 pt chucker Damon Jones..Shump doesn't have much to work with here..No Billups, Jorts and Shawne Williams yet. They're set to arrive next week.

Correction from game 1 btw -- Shump actually went 12-18 from the floor total (including 1-4 from 3) for his 25 pts.

Superstar

Jared Dudley has some nice words for Shump on Twitter: