Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: Mozgov Amazing

  1. #1

    Default Mozgov Amazing

    Well the Eurobasket tournament has ended. I watched all of the games played by Russia, France, Spain and Lithuania and about 90% of all the other games.

    I cannot believe how good Timofey Mozgov was. He was immense for Russia and looks like a completley different player than the one he was when playing for the Knicks. He was the defensive force in Russia`s defence, which incidentally was the best D team in the whole tournament. Blocking shots, clogging up the paint, rebounding, he was doing everything. On the offensive end he was also a giant. His scoring from the pick and roll was a joy to watch and that has improved so much since being seen in a Knicks jersey.

    The same problem of foul trouble was still evident but as the tournament wore on he improved that. He looked exactly like the kind of big that we are so desperately screaming out for. How ironic that we had him and now he`s back wasting his immerging talent in Russia.

    He deserved better from our no D-Toni clown.

  2. #2

    Default

    Please accept my apoligies fellas. I suppose this should have been posted in the NBA section not on the Knicks section. If that`s the case then could some kind mod move it?

    Sorry for giving you mod guys the extra work.

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,991
    Rep Power
    18

    Angry Mozgov was a 6 year KEEPER

    Mozgov was a Bigman-rookie to the NBA and this country.
    Mozgov raw talent showed to be a great backup center.

    Jordan Hill was a Bigman rookie and the perfect PF to backup Amare.
    Anthony Randolph was an athletic spring-board to rebound & blockshots
    at either PF or SF position.

    These three Bigmen are not double-digit scorers they are defensive
    anchors for the paint (STOPS!).
    These bigmen wouldve been great for us if we had a defensive-scheme
    or format to fit them into.
    The only reason a headcoach would DNP these bigmen is b/c the team
    have a better defensive-bigman.

    Did the Knicks have a better defensive-bigman???

  4. #4
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,013
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    I appreciate the update on Mozgov, Scipio. That's great.

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Did the Knicks have a better defensive-bigman???
    Aside from Turiaf, who was injured a lot, no. Mozgov finally getting to play only because of too many injuries is a joke. It wouldn't surprise me if D'Antoni still wouldn't have played him if it wasn't for that. It also wouldn't surprise me if D'Antoni only picked Fields as a starter as a PR move to quiet a lot of doubters.

  5. #5
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Wasn't his contract a 3 year deal with the option of termination after the first year?

    Did Denver pick that up?

    I'd love to see The Gov back in NYC.

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,634
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Wasn't his contract a 3 year deal with the option of termination after the first year?

    Did Denver pick that up?

    I'd love to see The Gov back in NYC.
    Looked it up and it doesn't say anything about a team option this year. Says he's a FA in 2013.

    Unlike Jorts he was a legit 7 footer who had above average athleticism, that's valuable in the NBA, wish we didn't give him up.

  7. #7
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Unhappy

    Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Looked it up and it doesn't say anything about a team option this year. Says he's a FA in 2013.

    Unlike Jorts he was a legit 7 footer who had above average athleticism, that's valuable in the NBA, wish we didn't give him up.
    Absolutely. The Gov and AR. So much potential. So much lame doghouse politics. Both, mind you, still have a long ways to go.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,991
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    I appreciate the update on Mozgov, Scipio. That's great.


    Aside from Turiaf, who was injured a lot, no. Mozgov finally getting to play only because of too many injuries is a joke. It wouldn't surprise me if D'Antoni still wouldn't have played him if it wasn't for that. It also wouldn't surprise me if D'Antoni only picked Fields as a starter as a PR move to quiet a lot of doubters.

    What was reckless about the Knicks the past three seasons was
    the coaching of the bigman rotation....didnt have a clue.

    One would think the headcoach wouldve had strong interest in
    jellin all the Knicks contracts that went into the 2010-11 season
    during the 2009-10 season.....but he didnt.
    u also wouldve thought the Knicks had plans on keeping fan favorite
    David Lee when Amare and Felton committed to signing with the Knicks
    when at the same time negotiation with 7.0 C-Mozgov were in the final
    days before the Lee trade.

    The Knicks had 4 defensive bigmen to rotate in the frontcourt with Amare
    lastseason in "Mozgov, Turiaf, AR, and Chandler". Each of these 4 bigmen
    had 4 valuable fouls to give in a game protecting the paint.
    It was PG-Felton & Dantoni duty to patiently work-on inside scoring from
    each of these bigmen as the season went on.....but they didnt.

    Whenever this season get under way we will see the big difference in having
    an average PG-Felton vs an All-Star PG-Chauncy Billups who is capable of
    getting all 4 players in his lineup to score early in the first quarter (players
    like BigBen and Nene).

  9. #9
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    here we go again

    lets hold onto this guy who avg 2 ppg and like 3 rebs a game

    and randolph who shoots nothing but bricks, and only looks good on a team like the timberwolves

    and jordan hill who averages 5 ppg and 5 rebounds, being placed on the bench behind a 6 foot 6 center on the rockets lol

    lets hold onto these chumps for Carmelo anthony and Chauncy Billups


    Kiya would love for the knicks to be the timberwolves for the next 5 years.

    I love it.

  10. #10
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    here we go again

    lets hold onto this guy who avg 2 ppg and like 3 rebs a game

    and randolph who shoots nothing but bricks, and only looks good on a team like the timberwolves

    and jordan hill who averages 5 ppg and 5 rebounds, being placed on the bench behind a 6 foot 6 center on the rockets lol

    lets hold onto these chumps for Carmelo anthony and Chauncy Billups


    Kiya would love for the knicks to be the timberwolves for the next 5 years.

    I love it.
    Comparing Billups and Melo to those 3 is not the point.

    No matter how the advocators twist it, it's not like we came out smelling rosy once all was said and done, because there'll always be that hint of sh!t when it comes to the Melo trade. I don't think we should have allowed the opportunistic Hahn to cash in on both Randolph and Curry's +50% paid expiring. Then there's the obvious other reason to not be completely happy about what happened.

    12 days until training is supposed to commence, and we have 3 front court players. Hanging on to one of them - Gov, AR, would have added some relief to say the least. That's, IMO, justified whining.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    2 different leagues. Plus, the NBA is way more talented and better coached. Moz, in his current condition is just role player material. When he finally learns how to play defense without picking up dumb fouls... he'll have the potential (and the right) to be in discussions about great basketball players.

  12. #12
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    crazy come on man, I love your posts and habby birthday btw

    the bottom line is, what we gave away were contracts that would of had to be moved or players that would not of been resigned any way

    essentially we traded melo for gallinari

    and upgraded at PG with billups

    randolph is sub par

    mozgof is sub par

    and chandler/gallinari are quality options but we would not of been able to keep both of them.

    I understand that there are questions, but those questions are answered by the simple fact
    that we needed to move randolph to move currys contract, so that we would clear cap space to extend MELO
    something that if we waited until the summer would of had to be done any way if we wanted to sign MELO and keep our core

    Gallinari or Chandler would have walked, and if we kept one or the other along side of melo, it would be pointless because they both do the same thing ( chandler is better at defense) as Melo just inconsistently.

    Felton and Billups is a wash because Billups is light years ahead of Felton in all aspects of the game except maybe speed.

    if you break it down like this

    we traded

    Felton for Billups- upgrade
    Curry for Shelden williams- upgrade
    Randolph for Shumpert- potential upgrade
    Gallinari for Balkman/Carter - downgrade
    Chandler for Melo - Upgrade
    Mozgof for Jefferies - downgrade


    after those trading deadline moves
    with the retainment of Fields, Douglas, Walker

    you cannot say that we didnt come out a better team.


    how is a core of youth and scoring and potential consisting of

    walker
    douglas
    shumpert
    Fields
    Turiaf
    Jefferies
    Sheldon williams
    Jerome James

    to compliment
    Amare
    Billups
    Melo

    worse off than

    Walker
    douglas
    fields
    turiaf
    Randolph
    Curry
    mozgof
    Felton

    to compliment
    Amare.
    Chandler
    Gallinari

    it doesnt make sense
    end of story.

  13. #13
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    here we go again

    lets hold onto this guy who avg 2 ppg and like 3 rebs a game

    and randolph who shoots nothing but bricks, and only looks good on a team like the timberwolves

    and jordan hill who averages 5 ppg and 5 rebounds, being placed on the bench behind a 6 foot 6 center on the rockets lol

    lets hold onto these chumps for Carmelo anthony and Chauncy Billups


    Kiya would love for the knicks to be the timberwolves for the next 5 years.

    I love it.
    I think that post was more of an indictment on Mike Antoni, not a we didn't get fair value in th Melo trade.

    This point is exacerbated by the fact that we still are in need of a center and that AR showed much more "potential" on TWO other teams.

    When analyzing things from a priority standpoint, it doesn't matter what combination we have complimenting our stars because without a big the result equals fail, no matter how you slice it.

    This isn't a Moz is so good / missing piece argument, it's a now look we still have no big or assets argument and the ame coach who couldn't use one anyway argument. Plus if when he departs, we'll still need a big and using MOA as the end all be all of what big is talented enough to pair with our stars is a misnomer...

    Because the answer with regards to MOA is none.

    BTW, you say the only team AR would look good on is the T-Wolves... *newsflash we were the T-Wolves (or mind as well have been)

    And finally, bigs take time to cultivate, Moz was more than capable especially paired with our stars. He had size, athleticism, and was humble enough to learn and be unselfish, not to metion affordable. A Moz is better than none and WE all saw his potential. To bad our $6m dollar coach couldn't. If he did we probably wouldn't be having this discussion.

  14. #14
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,013
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    Gallinari for Balkman/Carter - downgrade
    Considering we don't need Gallinari with Melo, I consider having Anthony Carter an upgrade. A true PG who plays on both sides of the floor. Another guy D'Antoni didn't give the minutes to when we needed him the most (the Playoffs after Billups went down).

    Last season wasn't the first season D'Antoni did ridiculous things with us. Nate Robinson had to be a spark off the bench on a team with Chris DUHON as the starting point? D'Antoni plays favorites.

    As far AR goes, I don't know whether or not there was a good reason for him to not be played. Randolph made a lot of questionable plays. With Mozgov, he fouled too much, and maybe the communication wasn't there because of his English. However, he did show promise. If none of you ever saw AR's games before the Knicks you wouldn't be caring too much about him. Sure, I would have liked to see him play more. It's nothing to get mad about.

  15. #15
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    570
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Wasn't his contract a 3 year deal with the option of termination after the first year?

    Did Denver pick that up?

    I'd love to see The Gov back in NYC.
    Was thinking the same thing! I'm sure they did, as I believe they are losing Nene, right?

Similar Threads

  1. Detroit @ New York - 1/30/11 at 7:30 PM
    By RunningJumper in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: Jan 31, 2011, 08:20
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: Oct 27, 2010, 09:35
  3. More Mozgov
    By LJ4ptplay in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: Sep 08, 2010, 15:06
  4. FromtheBaseline Scout on MOZGOV, dont know if you have seen it yet.
    By DontForgetDerekHarper in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Sep 08, 2010, 07:23
  5. Mozgov Is C#cksucker: Russian Rant.
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Aug 19, 2010, 02:15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •