Thread: This Kid's Athleticism Is Mental!

Default This Kid's Athleticism Is Mental!

The left handed windmill is special! You'll see. They saved the best for last.

Wow! MAJOR HOPS.

Iman looks sick so far in Impact and workouts. If he can knock down a pull up along with his defense he can be the steal of the draft. Hope coach gives him Fields treatment even with no summer league, training camp, or preseason. That's gonna hurt Iman since the staff can't be impressed up close.

Watching all those highlights I get more and more convinced we drafted the right kid.

He looks fantastic. Would love to see Javale McGee join him at the Knicks.

Damn I can't wait to see him do one of those in an actual game, the garden will go nuts.

haha i love it,

and i was the one who made the official steal of the draft iman shumpert thread

go back and check it out and read up on that, some one bump it because this dude looks sick

i mean literally when is the last time we had a player on our team who had that much athleticism and natural ability; he is purely the most naturally gifted athlete we have had on our team since gerald wilkens (yes i know nate robinson was a freak, but I cant give props to a 5 9 shooting guard when discussing a 6,6 multipositional leaper with a dwayne wade frame, and dominique wilkens hops).

I am not saying that he is a sure short for being amazing but the tools he has is incredible

Veteran

Holy. Crap.

Veteran

Anybody think he's good enough to enter the All-Star Dunk contest? That between the legs in mid-air dunk was a classic.

Veteran

I was just thinking the same thing.

Imagine if we got JaVale McGee with Iman Shumpert on the same team...

I see a lot of upside in his game... hopefully he can have a smooth transition into the NBA... I would like to have McGee on the team but I don't see the Wizards letting him go right now..

6'5 Nate Robinson with lock down D potential, Minus the immaturity

Has Nate's agility

Has his strength (one scout said talked about how defenders just bounced off him as he drove to the hoop)

Has that fire to his game

But again, I see him being much easier to coach than Nate, I see him having a higher Basketball IQ than Nate, Nate to me was not a bad defender, he just did not have the size to gaurd, not going to be the case w/ Shump

Originally Posted by New New York
    6'5 Nate Robinson with lock down D potential, Minus the immaturity

Has Nate's agility

Has his strength (one scout said talked about how defenders just bounced off him as he drove to the hoop)

Has that fire to his game

But again, I see him being much easier to coach than Nate, I see him having a higher Basketball IQ than Nate, Nate to me was not a bad defender, he just did not have the size to gaurd, not going to be the case w/ Shump
    Agree with you 100%... especially with the basketball IQ part for the simple fact every time Nate got in the game he would take a lot of risks on defense.. trying to get into the passing lane and he would let the team get into a 4 on 5 situation.. or commit dumb reach in fouls.. Don't get me wrong he picked off a lot of passes and stole a lot of possessions but most of the time he got beat...

Veteran

Exactly.

Nate gambled WAY TOO MUCH and frankly couldn't run an offense to save his life. I understand he could dunk like a beast, but frankly there was nothing to his game after that. He wasn't the greatest shooter and other than getting to the basket by using an extremely high volume of shots with low efficiency, what can he do?

If you take a lot of bad shots you better be able to make some of those bad shots (i.e. Carmelo, Kobe who have pretty bleh shot selection but can make a significant amount of them or draw a ****ton of fouls). Nate couldn't, and as a PG he couldn't run an offense worth ****.

Shumpert studied for 3 years at Georgia Tech. He should have SOME brains. I think he truly is going to be one of the steals of the draft. I know Chris Singleton would've been a good pick, but I honestly think scouts have underrated Shumpert's athleticism - he'll be up there as one of the most athletic players in the NBA and probably the most athletic rookie for sure.

To be honest you really can't JUST go by what scouts say cause look at Laundry Fields. He would have def. got rookie of the year in my opinion last year if it wasn't for Griffin getting hurt his first year and everyone thought he was gonna suck...