This Kid's Athleticism Is Mental!

NY_Swagger

Benchwarmer
Iman looks sick so far in Impact and workouts. If he can knock down a pull up along with his defense he can be the steal of the draft. Hope coach gives him Fields treatment even with no summer league, training camp, or preseason. That's gonna hurt Iman since the staff can't be impressed up close.

haha i love it,

and i was the one who made the official steal of the draft iman shumpert thread

go back and check it out and read up on that, some one bump it because this dude looks sick

i mean literally when is the last time we had a player on our team who had that much athleticism and natural ability; he is purely the most naturally gifted athlete we have had on our team since gerald wilkens (yes i know nate robinson was a freak, but I cant give props to a 5 9 shooting guard when discussing a 6,6 multipositional leaper with a dwayne wade frame, and dominique wilkens hops).

I am not saying that he is a sure short for being amazing but the tools he has is incredible

tiger0330

Legend
Anybody think he's good enough to enter the All-Star Dunk contest? That between the legs in mid-air dunk was a classic.

Knickerbocker201

Benchwarmer
I see a lot of upside in his game... hopefully he can have a smooth transition into the NBA... I would like to have McGee on the team but I don't see the Wizards letting him go right now..

New New York

Quiet Storm
6'5 Nate Robinson with lock down D potential, Minus the immaturity

Has Nate's agility

Has his strength (one scout said talked about how defenders just bounced off him as he drove to the hoop)

Has that fire to his game

But again, I see him being much easier to coach than Nate, I see him having a higher Basketball IQ than Nate, Nate to me was not a bad defender, he just did not have the size to gaurd, not going to be the case w/ Shump

Knickerbocker201

Benchwarmer
6'5 Nate Robinson with lock down D potential, Minus the immaturity

Has Nate's agility

Has his strength (one scout said talked about how defenders just bounced off him as he drove to the hoop)

Has that fire to his game

But again, I see him being much easier to coach than Nate, I see him having a higher Basketball IQ than Nate, Nate to me was not a bad defender, he just did not have the size to gaurd, not going to be the case w/ Shump

Agree with you 100%... especially with the basketball IQ part for the simple fact every time Nate got in the game he would take a lot of risks on defense.. trying to get into the passing lane and he would let the team get into a 4 on 5 situation.. or commit dumb reach in fouls.. Don't get me wrong he picked off a lot of passes and stole a lot of possessions but most of the time he got beat...

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Exactly.

Nate gambled WAY TOO MUCH and frankly couldn't run an offense to save his life. I understand he could dunk like a beast, but frankly there was nothing to his game after that. He wasn't the greatest shooter and other than getting to the basket by using an extremely high volume of shots with low efficiency, what can he do?

If you take a lot of bad shots you better be able to make some of those bad shots (i.e. Carmelo, Kobe who have pretty bleh shot selection but can make a significant amount of them or draw a ****ton of fouls). Nate couldn't, and as a PG he couldn't run an offense worth shit.

Shumpert studied for 3 years at Georgia Tech. He should have SOME brains. I think he truly is going to be one of the steals of the draft. I know Chris Singleton would've been a good pick, but I honestly think scouts have underrated Shumpert's athleticism - he'll be up there as one of the most athletic players in the NBA and probably the most athletic rookie for sure.

Knickerbocker201

Benchwarmer
To be honest you really can't JUST go by what scouts say cause look at Laundry Fields. He would have def. got rookie of the year in my opinion last year if it wasn't for Griffin getting hurt his first year and everyone thought he was gonna suck...