Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Black Mamba Paves The Way For This Offence To Add A Post Game

  1. #1
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default Black Mamba Paves The Way For This Offence To Add A Post Game

    Bryant was asked which current player he’d most like to team up with and he chose Anthony. ‘I would actually like to play with Melo,’ Bryant said.

    ‘Championships are won on the inside and I’m always thinking about winning the title. I would love to play with Melo because I would know that I have an inside presence. That’s really been the biggest strength with our Lakers team. We have a lot of guys who can play in the post, and that’s how you win championships.

    I can post, Lamar [Odom] can post, Ron [Artest] can post, Pau [Gasol] can post and Andrew [Bynum] can post. Teams are usually lucky if they have one guy that can control the block. But yeah, I would love to play with Melo.
    ’”

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Unleash 'The Beast On The Block'

  2. #2
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,017
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Looks like we found our shooting guard.

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,043
    Rep Power
    19

    Thumbs down

    He wasnt talking offense when Boston-defense dominated the
    league....plus the Lakers only showed Melo one week of rumors
    interest throughout months of the chaos-Melo-trade.

    Bryant comment only makes me think of the $100 I lost on
    Pau Gasol no-defense effort (playing just like Melo) vs the
    Mavs in the postseason.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,017
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    He wasnt talking offense when Boston-defense dominated the
    league....plus the Lakers only showed Melo one week of rumors
    interest throughout months of the chaos-Melo-trade.

    Bryant comment only makes me think of the $100 I lost on
    Pau Gasol no-defense effort (playing just like Melo) vs the
    Mavs in the postseason.
    Well, Knicks fans shouldn't be betting on the Lakers.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,043
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Well, Knicks fans shouldn't be betting on the Lakers.
    u right......now that we have coach Woodson and PG-Billups
    I could bet on the Knicks in the 2nd round of the postseason.

  6. #6
    Member serendipity10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    near the lincoln tunnel in Union City, NJ staying close to MSG
    Posts
    449
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    I think its odd he didn't say Dwight Howard......


    maybe he didn't want a repeat of Shaq

  7. #7
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default


  8. #8
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Melo and Kobe are extremely close, like lebron and Wade close, both played together on the olympic team , Kobe can sniff Phil Jackson around the corner of Madision Square Garden, and Mike Brown will not be enough to satisfy Kobe's lust for the triangle offense.

    I Can actually see phil and kobe reuniting in NY

    Billups
    Kobe
    Melo
    Amare
    Jerome Jordan


    yep.

  9. #9
    Veteran la2ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Compton,Ca
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    Melo and Kobe are extremely close, like lebron and Wade close, both played together on the olympic team , Kobe can sniff Phil Jackson around the corner of Madision Square Garden, and Mike Brown will not be enough to satisfy Kobe's lust for the triangle offense.

    I Can actually see phil and kobe reuniting in NY

    Billups
    Kobe
    Melo
    Amare
    Jerome Jordan


    yep.
    Lol, as cool as that looks now, in 2 years when his contract is up, Kobe will be in his 18th season I believe and Billups will be pushing Derek Fisher status.(and thats not including STAT being over 30 lol)

  10. #10
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,017
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by la2ny
    Lol, as cool as that looks now, in 2 years when his contract is up, Kobe will be in his 18th season I believe and Billups will be pushing Derek Fisher status.(and thats not including STAT being over 30 lol)
    I'd be all for it even if he averages eight points a game. That would still be great.

  11. #11
    Veteran la2ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Compton,Ca
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    I'd be all for it even if he averages eight points a game. That would still be great.
    Offense isn't even the problem, it's the D lol.

  12. #12
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,017
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by la2ny
    Offense isn't even the problem, it's the D lol.
    Eight points from Kobe is still better than eight points from most playes LOL. And Kobe has D, so yeah.

    I see you want Kobe to stick in LA though haha.

Similar Threads

  1. I Know It's Early-But Who Should We Draft?
    By DaTPRiNCE in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 417
    Last Post: Dec 04, 2009, 15:37
  2. Knicks @ 76ers 1/24/09 7:00 PM
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: Jan 25, 2009, 22:15
  3. Game #31: Pacers vs Knicks Tonight @ 7:30pm ET
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: Jan 04, 2009, 21:17
  4. Balkman to Denver (OFFICIAL)
    By GetRealistic in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 128
    Last Post: Aug 25, 2008, 19:32
  5. My beef with Isiah
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: Jan 17, 2007, 03:21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •