Stat and other NBA players thinking about starting their own league...

I've been talking to friends about this a lot lately. With all the corporate greed and manipulation in the world today...I appluad anyone or group with courage enough to stand up for what they believe is right and fair. I can wait, there are other things for me to do while these people handle their biz.

Honestly, I think the players can do it. Anything is possible once you put your mind to it. The NBA had to start from somewhere at some time, right? With all the money, networking, and passion within the NBA and around it these days…they may just be able to pull it off.

Below is an article about Stat and others thinking about starting their own league.They have more to gain then lose if they decide to go all out with it. Consider it an investment in self. There is no doubt that most fans will support them…. while the greedy NBA owners will have to deal with tons of lost revenue due to empty arenas. Hopefully their other investments are as sound and will keep them a float. Not every owner in this league is a Mark Cuban.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------http://www.complex.com/sports/2011/10/amare-stoudemire-says-players-will-start-their-own-basketball-league-if-the-nba-lockout-continues

"Obviously, we're trying to...get this lockout resolved," Stoudemire said. "We want to play NBA basketball. But if it doesn't happen, what are we gonna do? We can't just sit around and not do anything. So we have to figure out ways to now continue to play basketball at a high level against top competition and have fun doing it. So, that's the next step.And, as far as all of the potential roadblocks that could prevent players from starting their own league? Like, say, finding venues to host games. Or getting insurance companies to cover players. Or, oh, we don't know...PAYING PLAYERS MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! Well, Stoudemire says that's obviously something they'll have to talk about."It's very, very serious," he said. "It's just a matter of us strategically coming up with a plan, a blueprint, and putting it together. So we'll see how this lockout goes. If it goes one or two years, then we've got to start our own league."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe, (in time) with enough dedication and support their bball league will be the best league to watch. I’m sure it will be fan and player friendly and not like this fun lacking sports I’ve been witnessing these days. With all the constant rule changes and dumb penalties, I welcome the change and hope to see B-ball finally played the way it was meant to play….with fun and passion. If I can watch And1, travel to Ruckers, other parks and facilities to see a good bball game… I can definitely be patient enough to support what these players feel is right. I don’t see a season this year because this dispute seems to be more about principle then money. It’s the player’s livelihood and it should be known just who makes the league what it is today. After all, if it wasn’t for them it wouldn’t be an NBA…but there will always be basketball. If the NBA fails, I’m sure another league will rise and the fans will flock. These guys can go just about anywhere to play ball and people will show up, but you already know this…

Just want to share some info and insight to where this season (league) is headed.

later...

^^ not hardly, unless you hardly get out. I've seen and heard tons of wack sh!t, lately and in the past. The current state of the world is due to a whole lot of dumbness. Sports was the only thing to take me away from it all...

And seeing that this plague is spreading into sports...I only hope the players will figure out a way to create their alternative league and still keep it exciting and accessible. Of course there will be doubt from the outsiders peeping in...but if the insiders think they can do it...what proof do I or anyone else here have to prove they can't do it?

All in all, it's not really that important (2me anyway), and in due time we will all see how this turns out.